Post-Game Talk: GAME 5 - Best Bruins start since 1937-38 - We're on to Chicago

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
I only brought it up because of what he said I wasn't looking to start anything and rehash last year. It is clear he rehabbed and changed a few things up and it is paying off 5 games in

Yep. He looks great.

I figured he was injured late last season in that play and it was largely on Monty mismanaging guys. Coulda sat him in any of those games and certainly should have sat him for game 6.

Even felt maybe they should have dealt him and kept Hall after his comments regarding the loss, he avoided talking about an injury being a part of it and where as that would usually be gamesmanship it irritated me because it felt like he wasn’t taking it seriously

But he’s been excellent so far and arguably looks better than ever

Reactions: Gordoff and BBruins

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
our youth / prospect cupboard is so bare. if they can get a proven youngster for him i would move him.
Um not really

They don’t exactly have a lot of openings

Trading Ullmark any time during this season would be ridiculous

Next July 1 I’ll review where they are

Reactions: Ladyfan

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Um not really

I see what you are saying but if they want to make some serious noise in the playoffs a trade of Hertl for perhaps Swayman and Gryz at the deadline ( I believe you proposed this ) makes a lot of sense if Bussi is deemed to be ready for the NHL.

Reactions: Gordoff

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
I passed out 5 mins into the second. Staying up for the Kings game the night before doomed me. So glad they’re moving back to more reasonable start times this week.

So happy for the kid. He’s staying.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Happened game #81 vs. the Caps, right around 3:00 left in the third period. I swear Montgomery said he was just giving Linus some extra rest when asked why he pulled him with a minute and change left, though I might be conflating that with the Bergeron nonsense.

I downloaded the game to chop that bit out and post here to refute someone's choker slant a couple months ago, but the thread moved on and I got lazy.

The Washington and Montreal games were the biggest RS disasters since I started watching Boston in 1963-64. Cost them a Cup. Still pissed Bergeron played that game. #37 would still be playing and they would be a Cup threat this year also.

5-0 is nice and #51looks like the closest thing to a #46 replacement you could
ask for in a 19 year old. However they have played 4 DNQ and 1 legit PO Team
so people need to pump the brakes.

The schedule couldn't be better for them integrating lots of new players, but they absolutely need to split the next two and then prepare for Detroit and Florida who will be tests for them.

Reactions: Gordoff and BMC

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
I have not been a supporter of Montgomery since he arrived. I did not think this season Boston Bruins would be very good.

5-0-0

Done always go on what I think!

I did think that Ullmark and Swayman would be the difference makers. Didn't everyone?

Go Bruins

Guelph Bruin

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2015
I claim him as my son. That's my boy!

Saying all the right things. Gotta love it
It was obviously his time spent in Guelph that made him the nice young model rookie he is today :) .... ... I heard before he came to Guelph he was on Jake's evil path ...late to everything, cursing to the media like a drunk sailor, mean to kittens and puppies, poor packing skills ... we straightened him out in Guelph ..he is ours! lol

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
I’ll say this much.

I’ve been one of the biggest critics of the path this organization has taken.

However, they always seem to find a way to stay in the mix.

The sky may fall one of these days, but it hasn’t happened yet.

After the second consecutive DNQ in 2016 they shored up their biggest weakness
on D by bringing in Carlo and adding McAvoy at the end of the year. They couldn't replace Boychuck two straight years and Chara hurt his knee early in the '14-15 season and was degraded and Seidenberg was toast. 73\25 marked a turnaround.

So will #51 be this years #73 and though not as much a straight comparison #18 be this years #25?

Reactions: Gordoff

Bodit9

Sponsor
Oct 22, 2016
Upstate NY
Um not really

Donny should hold Edmonton over a barrel at the draft and demand a haul for him. They will likely have just been eliminated from the playoffs again and will be very desperate for a legit goalie. Only issue could be needing Ullmark to waive to go there.

Bodit9

Sponsor
Oct 22, 2016
Upstate NY
I would not trade either of our net minders.
Can appreciate that view. For me, in-season no way can we afford to trade one. I would trade Ullmark in the off-season and try to acquire a 1C. Go with Sway/Bussi tandem. Would give us another 2-3 year cup window IMO.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Donny should hold Edmonton over a barrel at the draft and demand a haul for him. They will likely have just been eliminated from the playoffs again and will be very desperate for a legit goalie. Only issue could be needing Ullmark to waive to go there.
Would not surprise me if it’s Swayman who goes

Rumor is Pittsburgh wanted Ullmark for first and declined Swayman for their first

Bruins were more likely to move Swayman

• Wow
Reactions: Gordoff and Bodit9

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad