Post-Game Talk: GAME 5 - Best Bruins start since 1937-38 - We're on to Chicago

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
I see what you are saying but if they want to make some serious noise in the playoffs a trade of Hertl for perhaps Swayman and Gryz at the deadline ( I believe you proposed this ) makes a lot of sense if Bussi is deemed to be ready for the NHL.
I did but a lot depends on Poitras

Poitras could falter but he added confidence last night that he can play here

I’m interested to see the next 4 games with Confident Poitras brings

Chicago
Ducks
Detroit
Florida

The last 2 will be interesting and arrive at 9 games

I would not trade either of our net minders.
Yup as of today agree

Reactions: Ladyfan

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
This team feels like some of those annoying Brodeur teams in the 90's, lol.

You only need to come in 7th or 8th with a team like that, because you always have a puncher's chance to out-goalie someone in a playoff series.

I'll be very curious to play Toronto, Ottawa, Detroit, and some of the other faster talented teams in our division soon. So curious what that yields.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
1698066653859.png

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Have our expectations for this team changed or is it still far too early? I know we are all on the “ just make the playoffs “ train but they might actually be able to make some noise in the playoffs.
Way too early for me. The schedule has been easy.

However, the Bruins need to bank these points when playing lower tier teams. And they have.

Still think we in for a bit of a roller coaster ride, but it's fun and love love love seeing some kids develop. Critical we score on some of our prospects while we wait to be able to draft in first round again. And it seems in Poitras and Lohrei we have a couple of prospective gems.

Bodit9

Sponsor
Oct 22, 2016
Upstate NY
Would not surprise me if it’s Swayman who goes

Rumor is Pittsburgh wanted Ullmark for first and declined Swayman for their first

Bruins were more likely to move Swayman
Wow. That is surprising to me considering Swayman is much younger.

Reactions: Gordoff

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
All those rookies have impressed me, but Bedard is in a class of his own.
Greig and Cooley next, and Poitras has looked better than Knies.
Poitras will 100% provide more offense then Greig. Greig will be a really good 3rd line player who agitates, is very responsible defensively and provide up to 20 goals a year. Poitras with sufficient PP time looks to me like a 70-80 point guy down the road, his vision and play making ability is close to elite.

Reactions: lopey and Gordoff

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Poitras will 100% provide more offense then Greig. Greig will be a really good 3rd line player who agitates, is very responsible defensively and provide up to 20 goals a year. Poitras with sufficient PP time looks to me like a 70-80 point guy down the road, his vision and play making ability is close to elite.

Grieg looks capable of 25-30 and ha physicality in his game. Its ok to project a player differently at this point.

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
I'll have whatever it is your smoking. Why are they doing that? It will be #88 and\or #63 they will highlight for Bosto . Yeah, they may mention #51 early in the broadcast but the average NHL fan in the US doesn't know, or GAS about him, its #88 or #63.
Maybe you should start smoking and lighten up, Captain obvious lol

it was meant as a smack on how awful ESPN is. But I will say they will mention #51 more often than you think.

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
Poitras is not on the same level as Bedard and Cooley. But the fact he is keeping pace with them is mighty impressive. Gives you a good view of what he is accomplishing right now.
Would like to see the ice time and pp time for all three. Bedard vs the Bruins looked like he was on the ice every other shift and nearly the entire power play.

Reactions: Gordoff

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

ANAHEIM, Calif. — Matt Poitras, who could easily be mistaken for a kid looking to grab a fast pass to Space Mountain, might just have secured his fast pass to an NHL career Sunday night in the shadows of Disneyland.
The Bruins rookie potted a pair of third-period goals to propel his club to a 3-1 come-from-behind win over the Ducks at the Honda Center.
They were the first two strikes of Poitras’s career as the 19-year-old continues to solidify his case to stay with the big boys for the rest of the season.

For the record, Poitras has never been to Disneyland, but he has been to Disney World.

Asked to compare that dream vacation to his dream of scoring an NHL goal, the baby-faced Poitras was quick to say: “This is better. Way better.”

The win allowed the Bruins to complete a California sweep and remain unbeaten (5-0-0) on the season but will always be remembered as Poitras’s party.

“Feeling pretty good right now,” said Poitras, acknowledging some frustration had set in after a pair of pointless games. “It’s pretty surreal. I mean, just seeing the puck go in the net, that was really exciting. I don’t really know what I did, but I kind of blacked out a little bit, but super excited and super happy.”

DeBrusk, who gave Poitras high marks for his goal celebration, said it brought back memories of his first goal.

“Yeah, it’s special. I remember my first goal and to be honest with you, I want to be a part of his first goal, selfishly, because I think he’s going to have a pretty good career,” DeBrusk said. “It’s a special moment and you’re just really happy for the guy.”

Brad Marchand’s empty-netter, his third goal in three games, sealed it.

It was a pretty boring affair until the Poitras fireworks in the third as both teams were playing the second of back-to-backs.

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Halifax
Marchy-Zacha-Pasta gives us a bonified top line. It would fall somewhere in that 5-10 best in the league I would say.

Debrusk-Poitras-Geekie is an intriguing one. If Debrusk can score 30 goals and the other two put up 40+ points, I think that's a decent line 2.

JVR-Coyle-Freddy would be an above average 3rd line.

Looch-Beecher-Lauko won't put up a lot of points but they'll be annoying to play against.

Any moves we potentially make would most likely be to move Geekie out of the top 6 , baring Poitras can play the full season as the 2C.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad