Post-Game Talk: GAME 5 - Best Bruins start since 1937-38 - We're on to Chicago

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
I don’t know for sure and I certainly don’t want to rehash last season but it sounded like he alluded to potential groin issues last season
Happened game #81 vs. the Caps, right around 3:00 left in the third period. I swear Montgomery said he was just giving Linus some extra rest when asked why he pulled him with a minute and change left, though I might be conflating that with the Bergeron nonsense.

I downloaded the game to chop that bit out and post here to refute someone's choker slant a couple months ago, but the thread moved on and I got lazy.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Happened game #81 vs. the Caps, right around 3:00 left in the third period. I swear Montgomery said he was just giving Linus some extra rest when asked why he pulled him with a minute and change left, though I might be conflating that with the Bergeron nonsense.

I downloaded the game to chop that bit out and post here to refute someone's choker slant a couple months ago, but the thread moved on and I got lazy.
What ever it was, we knew it was muscular. It’s the past now. Time to move on. He looks pretty good right now, so no need to dwell on it.

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
DeBrusk had a very nice showing following the benching good to see

Linus stud as always

Hampus 27 mins on a back to back HORSE

don’t expect 50 points again this year cause he is playing a more defensive shut down role and doing it well

Carlo has been fantastic this year and is very underpaid such a great contract by Don such a high end shut down defenseman

Zacha while not his best game tonight has been snakebitten I think he should have 4 or 5 points by now

I think Monty is a big fan of Geekie 19 mins last night as am I very solid role player

POITRAS ! here to stay love the emotion he showed after both goals I think he has played well in 4 of the 5 games this year

He cannot go back

5-0-0 baby!
Keep it rolling
Taking advantage of a very soft schedule which is what good teams do

Last edited:

Cam14b

Jan 8, 2018
This one was always going to be a tough one and our leaders would need to bring the emotion. It was good to see 73, 63, and 88 all bring the physical play as the game wore on. Those three along with Coyle's board work really pulled the rest of the team across the finish line!!

Kudos to the Potsy line and Linus for the finish!!

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Mitchell also set up the first goal with a sweet area pass to spring Geekie inside the blue line.

He's waiver eligible so you risk losing him if you try to send him down for another year.

Its the only good play he made in two games. I wouldn't lose sleep over losing this guy
bringing up Lohrei and shifting #48 to RD if need be. Hawks fans didn't see much with him.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Have our expectations for this team changed or is it still far too early? I know we are all on the “ just make the playoffs “ train but they might actually be able to make some noise in the playoffs.
Too early for me.

However, this is a pleasant surprise.

The schedule was soft to start, but they’re banking points. Can’t complain.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Be interesting if ESPN pushes Matty vs Bedard

I'll have whatever it is your smoking. Why are they doing that? It will be #88 and\or #63 they will highlight for Bosto . Yeah, they may mention #51 early in the broadcast but the average NHL fan in the US doesn't know, or GAS about him, its #88 or #63.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad