Post-Game Talk: GAME 5 - Best Bruins start since 1937-38 - We're on to Chicago

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Have our expectations for this team changed or is it still far too early? I know we are all on the “ just make the playoffs “ train but they might actually be able to make some noise in the playoffs.
Can’t speak for anyone else, but my expectations were pretty low before the season started. And while I recognize the strength of opponent, the small sample size and that not everything is perfect… I have to admit, my expectations they are a-changin

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Team got slower in the offseason but their puck movement seems to negate a lot of the negative effects that come with that.

But they also look a helluva lot bigger to me. More apt to win net-front battles in the offensive zone. Inflicting their will down low and forcing the puck into high danger areas seemingly much more effectively.

And of course, they are locked in defensively.

No way I deal Swayman or Ullmark now. I get the argument, but I think they make each other better and you won’t get the stellar play with one of them gone.

Five games in and I have zero complaints

I agree with this. It isn’t a more talented team on paper but they’re playing a style that seems a lot more conducive to, dare I say, playoff hockey.

Even noticed Pastrnak tonight being physical and challenging opposing players in all three zones. It’s not just the few “good at board battles” guys winning those battles. The team, as a whole, just seems to be very on top of that aspect of their game.

It wasn’t pretty but I thought it was a really nice effort considering the challenge of games and travel over the last handful of days.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
Hey Matt, get me two!

IMG_3301.jpeg

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Team got slower in the offseason but their puck movement seems to negate a lot of the negative effects that come with that.

But they also look a helluva lot bigger to me. More apt to win net-front battles in the offensive zone. Inflicting their will down low and forcing the puck into high danger areas seemingly much more effectively.

And of course, they are locked in defensively.

No way I deal Swayman or Ullmark now. I get the argument, but I think they make each other better and you won’t get the stellar play with one of them gone.

Five games in and I have zero complaints
Ok, but pretty sure you were complaining plenty when Sweeney made his FA acquisitions.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
Mitchell baiting Geekie into that bad pass+turnover in the back half of the third was rough.

Think he needs to go back in the oven for another year
Mitchell also set up the first goal with a sweet area pass to spring Geekie inside the blue line.

He's waiver eligible so you risk losing him if you try to send him down for another year.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Mitchell also set up the first goal with a sweet area pass to spring Geekie inside the blue line.

He's waiver eligible so you risk losing him if you try to send him down for another year.

The offensive part of his game seems ready to grow at the nhl level but I don’t think a team like the bruins who will win a lot of their games on razor thin margins can afford the defensive gaffes he’s going to make.

Wouldn’t lose sleep over someone claiming him at this point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad