Post-Game Talk: GAME 5 - Best Bruins start since 1937-38 - We're on to Chicago

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
i really wish the Bergeron comparisons would stop. It’s so cringe.

He reminds me of Brayden Point

I’m glad he got that goal as he was generating a lot right before ducks scored there’s and when Poitras came right back and kept pushing for one only to get one I felt a sense of relief like they would pull it off, didn’t think they’d pull it off with yet another goal by Poitras

He has a lot of moxie and just keeps getting better.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Ok, but pretty sure you were complaining plenty when Sweeney made his FA acquisitions.
Pretty sure I’ve accounted for that in my post.

And to be fair, it’s not the Browns, Shattenkirks or JVRs that are moving the needle in my assessment.

Still if they had a plan and it’s successful and I didn’t see it or agree with it - I have zero issue admitting that I was wrong. Not there yet (of course). But I’m definitely happy so far.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Have our expectations for this team changed or is it still far too early? I know we are all on the “ just make the playoffs “ train but they might actually be able to make some noise in the playoffs.
I personally am going to try to enjoy the regular season first

The playoffs have been the B's kryptonite

Reactions: BMC and Gordoff

NeelyOrr

Dec 23, 2018
Central NY
BRUINS play Chicago Tuesday. No one should complain about this opening 6 game schedule. There's nothing wrong beating teams you're supposed to beat and the BRUINS are doing an excellent job of that, so far.
The schedule after the Blackhawks will give us a more significant feel of how the BRUINS match up with the better teams in the NHL. IMHO, with the BRUINS' goaltending tandem and the BRUINS' scrappiness, they will match up quite well.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
All the love for Potsy, but wtf is up with Hampus Lindholm?? He has been way off and Kevin Shattenkirk is no longer an NHL defenseman.
He looked fine Mitchell was awful.

Shatty and JVR looked awful in person just move on and play the kids.

Struck gold with Poitras he was good even before the goals when the team wasn’t doing much.

Hope we can get Charlie his Norris he deserves.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
1698032401402.png

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Pretty sure I’ve accounted for that in my post.

And to be fair, it’s not the Browns, Shattenkirks or JVRs that are moving the needle in my assessment.

Still if they had a plan and it’s successful and I didn’t see it or agree with it - I have zero issue admitting that I was wrong. Not there yet (of course). But I’m definitely happy so far.
Yes you did , but you may notice our posts were just minutes apart and I hadn't read yours yet. Also, it was meant in jest . I thought your expired can of Chef boy and sex was hilarious.

I'll disagree with JVR and Shatty they have contributed. Brown I can't defend.

Whatever the plan was its clearly working.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Here’s the messed up part…….I had tickets to the Hawks-
Bs game at the United Center. But my new boss called a team meeting on Tuesday……..IN BOSTON.

I think I feel a bout of COVID coming on………..At worst, I can catch it on NESN.
Ummmm, better "stay home" in Chicago and quietly slip into the game. Put on a fake Swayman Stache (or mask) and nobody will be the wiser!

Reactions: BMC and JOKER 192

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
my two cents with Poitras comparisons is that he reminds me of a young (Flames era) Marc Savard. Not the fastest, undersized, but controls the puck along the boards, is heads up, quick stick, and a bit feisty. The Flames screwed up with Savvy. Hopefully The Bruins keep him around.
He also reminds me that this is what I expected from Zach Hamill at 18 ... so? I'm hit or miss.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad