Post-Game Talk: GAME 5 - Best Bruins start since 1937-38 - We're on to Chicago

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Savard was really really good

You put Bruins pre concussed Savard on this team they roll

There are times every game Poitras can look like he needs another year or growth whereas Savard was a star caliber player from year one

Reactions: Gordoff

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Yep, and even the old rule of thumb as far as “If you’re in the playoff structure by US Thanksgiving, you’re in good shape” can be thrown out the window.

The league is much more dynamic and it’s more difficult to make the playoffs now than it ever has been.
So far, so good.
but its a long , long road and we are just starting. I dont get too up or down until Black Friday.

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
Savard was really really good

You put Bruins pre concussed Savard on this team they roll

There are times every game Poitras can look like he needs another year or growth whereas Savard was a star caliber player from year one
And that's before the league started bending over backwards to protect smaller players.
This team would've won more Cups if Savvy wasn't concussed.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
I was in awe by the newly formed Marchand Zacha Pasta line

They looked like globetrotters vs the Ducks.

The points didnt come yesterday.... but they put on a clinic. Example....someone slapped the puck from afar.... bounce off the boards with Pasta right there to have a chance at the pass/beat out icing.

There was also another play....where Pasta from a brutal side angle. Shot the puck at the net/post (looked on purpose). Pass ricochet to Marchand right in front of the net

All kinds of tip passes forward....

Just superb hockey to watch.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Savard centering Pastrnak...oh sweet jesus
Yah can see it but Pasta & Zacha going to evolve into something special

We haven’t seen the best of this duo

Savard was centering Kessell & Lucic early on - pretty wild stuff

Interesting to see how big good skating wingers like DeBrusk & Geekie go with him

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
Yep, and even the old rule of thumb as far as “If you’re in the playoff structure by US Thanksgiving, you’re in good shape” can be thrown out the window.

The league is much more dynamic and it’s more difficult to make the playoffs now than it ever has been.
Is that why the milestone changed to Black Friday?

Forester65

Jan 31, 2019
I agree with this. It isn’t a more talented team on paper but they’re playing a style that seems a lot more conducive to, dare I say, playoff hockey.

Even noticed Pastrnak tonight being physical and challenging opposing players in all three zones. It’s not just the few “good at board battles” guys winning those battles. The team, as a whole, just seems to be very on top of that aspect of their game.

It wasn’t pretty but I thought it was a really nice effort considering the challenge of games and travel over the last handful of days.
If the B's can consistently win puck battles along the boards, in front of the other teams' net and and in front of our net they will be the real deal and will be a tough out come playoff time.

Reactions: missingchicklet

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
I thought there was a time "pre-16 team bracket" where less than 50% of the league made it, but I could be wrong.
in the O6 days 4 of 6 made the playoffs (before the O6 it's chaos)
after the expansion to 12 teams, 8 of 12 made it, then 8 of 14 when Buff and Van joined
8 of 16 when the Seals and Flames joined
12 teams made it when they expanded to 18 (12 of 17 for a season)
16 teams made the playoffs with the expansion to 21 teams in '79-'80

Reactions: Gordoff

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad