GDT: Game 44: Blackhawks @ Oilers - 7 PM - SN1

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke74

Jan 13, 2018
I want to see alot of Oilers goals.

Is this too much to ask?
Probably. The team hasn't gotten motivated for bottom-feeders and I don't necessarily see that changing tonight, especially heading into the All-Star Break. I predict another low scoring affair, probably 3-1 or something. Hopefully for the good guys!

Reactions: Fixed to Ruin

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
McDrai line. Knobby is such a joke.

Can we fire this guy already
im pretty sure you're trolling but ill bite

imagine having McDavid and Draisaitl on your team and complaining on the midst of a 14 game winning streak :laugh: getting them rolling vs a trash Chicago team at home is a good move

both guys are slumping badly for their standards and if they can return to their ~150 point and ~125 forms, the league is in trouble with how the rest of the team is going. Kane-RNH-Foegele should be good enough to handle their own. Only adjustment I'd make is swapping Foegele and Hyman because McDrai won't need much help and Foegele has been a suitable plug

Duke74

Jan 13, 2018
The second line has to stop hurting us more games than not 5v5 to make the top 6 work. I thought there was a bit of a resurgence from them in the games against the Kraken and Flames before reverting to their brand of slow skating, high risk, no reward hockey. Kane and Draisaitl both have limited capacity to recognize risk in their puck management decisions and it is costing that line dearly.

I'd be interested to see what switching Kane and RNH between line 1 and 2 would do. I feel like that would unlock both Kane and Drai while removing the need to stack the top line.
I think they tried those lines for one game and then gave up due to a loss. Which strikes me as weird considering Knob enforced the need to stick with lines and establish chemistry.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
The second line has to stop hurting us more games than not 5v5 to make the top 6 work. I thought there was a bit of a resurgence from them in the games against the Kraken and Flames before reverting to their brand of slow skating, high risk, no reward hockey. Kane and Draisaitl both have limited capacity to recognize risk in their puck management decisions and it is costing that line dearly.

I'd be interested to see what switching Kane and RNH between line 1 and 2 would do. I feel like that would unlock both Kane and Drai while removing the need to stack the top line.

More like no skating ;)

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
im pretty sure you're trolling but ill bite

imagine having McDavid and Draisaitl on your team and complaining on the midst of a 14 game winning streak :laugh: getting them rolling vs a trash Chicago team at home is a good move

both guys are slumping badly for their standards and if they can return to their ~150 point and ~125 forms, the league is in trouble with how the rest of the team is going. Kane-RNH-Foegele should be good enough to handle their own. Only adjustment I'd make is swapping Foegele and Hyman because McDrai won't need much help and Foegele has been a suitable plug
My biggest complaint is I'd like to see Holloway at center a little more.

However, I also want to see what he can do with more minutes and if those 3 can click with their speed it could be an interesting 3rd line.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Cup hunting
If anyone is at meadow lark shopping Centre wal mart. It’s bumpin here!!

View attachment 810186
You're in a flyover zone now. Good thing you already have no hubcaps...would check all the tires are still on before driving away. Lock the doors through Jasper Place. Just saying. ;) Oh look at the pretty elevated LRT they're building. heh, you can't drive thru Jasper Place now anyway. its closed till future notice. The city has taken 5-10yrs forcing the LRT line through there. Makes the area look more bombed out than usual.

DavidHasselhoffsFist

Seen some dark places, but always pop back out!
May 9, 2010
Can I get a 15! Hell ya
IMG_0063.jpeg

Reactions: Oilhawks

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
My biggest complaint is I'd like to see Holloway at center a little more.

However, I also want to see what he can do with more minutes and if those 3 can click with their speed it could be an interesting 3rd line.
I agree but with the combination of players they have now, I think he'd get the best opportunity at LW. I'd want to see him and McLeod become a good duo. I hope that next year, he'll start at C

Reactions: joestevens29

94 Oil Drops

McHy is the new McDrai.
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta
I would lose my mind if that somehow happened. Put him straight in the HHOF if he can do that lol
At times I still can't believe that Gagner's 8 point night actually happened.

You should of seen the look on 17 year old 94's face when Jack Michaels called that on the radio. It was really something!

That game was pretty much the Stanley Cup of the decade of darkness. lol

Reactions: Oilhawks

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I agree but with the combination of players they have now, I think he'd get the best opportunity at LW. I'd want to see him and McLeod become a good duo. I hope that next year, he'll start at C
Honestly there are numerous things I'd like to try. Tonight is one of those games to try it.

Not like he can't change the lines if something goes sideways. He isn't Tmac or tippett

Reactions: La Bamba

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
i think Knob is putting mcdrai together to see which bottom 9 guys ball out and which ones need a break cause perry is coming and someone has to come out soon

Honestly there are numerous things I'd like to try. Tonight is one of those games to try it.

Not like he can't change the lines if something goes sideways. He isn't Tmac or tippett
exactly tonight is basically a scrimmage practice

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
You're in a flyover zone now. Good thing you already have no hubcaps...would check all the tires are still on before driving away. Lock the doors through Jasper Place. Just saying. ;) Oh look at the pretty elevated LRT they're building. heh, you can't drive thru Jasper Place now anyway. its closed till future notice. The city has taken 5-10yrs forcing the LRT line through there. Makes the area look more bombed out than usual.
Lmao we gathered that the second we went into that Walmart. Was so sketchy. We left lmao! Hahahahahaha.

Question though

Where in Edmonton has like oilers shirts got a good price? We are going to the Oilers store tonight, but wasn’t sure if you guys had a giant tiger or something that had cheaper oilers shirts

I friggin love it!!!!!!!!

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
I’ll be at the game!

Watch for me folks. I’ll be the one grabbing his wife inappropriately and having A and W on my lap

My wife said, “if you eat A and W I’ll kill you, we can get that in Regina. No “

Well boys. If we lose this one. It’s on Leah

Everything is negotiable. Offer your face as a place for her to sit for a while in exchange for access to teen burgers lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad