GDT: Game 44: Blackhawks @ Oilers - 7 PM - SN1

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
The Coach going to McDrai is fine especially if the other lines are rolling. They are the best duo in the league so It’s a nice option to have and it would be stupid to never use it. Just don’t become completely reliant on it like Woody did and we will be fine.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
The Coach going to McDrai is fine especially if the other lines are rolling. They are the best duo in the league so It’s a nice option to have and it would be stupid to never use it. Just don’t become completely reliant on it like Woody did and we will be fine.

I wonder if the duo will play better defense. They have traditionally been bad together defensively, when they play entire games together.

Reactions: ujju2

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
I wonder if the duo will play better defense. They have traditionally been bad together defensively, when they play entire games together.
I find that Drai cheats for offense and to get out of the zone too quickly when he plays with McDavid. When he runs his own line he’s much more engaged on defense and is usually the one making the takeaway and the outlet pass.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
He said he is keeping the lines the same as the third period of last game because that's when the team broke out, so he wants to see how it does starting a game it looks like. I can see why he has that thought. It obviously won't be a permanent thing. You know they will drive their own lines soon enough.

Reactions: Giggleplex

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Cup hunting
Lmao we gathered that the second we went into that Walmart. Was so sketchy. We left lmao! Hahahahahaha.

Question though

Where in Edmonton has like oilers shirts got a good price? We are going to the Oilers store tonight, but wasn’t sure if you guys had a giant tiger or something that had cheaper oilers shirts

I friggin love it!!!!!!!!
Walmart ironically. Most locations. But that particular location see's a lot of 5 finger discounts so there might be much stock there...heh

There is a Giant Tiger Northside way out of the way.

Reactions: tardigrade81

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012
I don't really care what the final score is as long as the Oilers win.

There's only one trophy this team wants this year.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
A good game to line juggle against a tired road opponent. Wonder if a bit of this is to give the super elites some more touches together to maybe help a stalled power play get some feeling and puck movement working together through some reps. Will be curious to see Line 2 and hopefully depth lines getting opportunities tonight.

Hawks are incredibly banged up and will be road weary. Saw them on Monday in Vancouver and appreciated their work boot effort despite the game essentially being over early.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
Using McDrai as a line against teams like Chicago has always been an anti trap-game strategy. Teams at the bottom of the league defensively can not play against it.

It's when you're up against deep teams that it's not something you should go to.

Reactions: tardigrade81

snag

Feb 22, 2014
ah the price is right.....back when all the models were chicks.

GrumpyKoala

Aug 11, 2020
May Corey, Evander and the rest of the boys crush that classless hawks organisation back into something presentable.

Homerism? Why not?

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
Edmonton
I find that Drai cheats for offense and to get out of the zone too quickly when he plays with McDavid. When he runs his own line he’s much more engaged on defense and is usually the one making the takeaway and the outlet pass.
to be fair when he's with McDavid he's a winger and when he's running his own line he's a center

Reactions: RattsSSV
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad