GDT: Game 44: Blackhawks @ Oilers - 7 PM - SN1

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffff

Oct 4, 2011
Man I wish Bedard was healthy. Would give this game a little zip.
Meh.....we'll all have plenty of opportunity to watch Bedard. Watching them potentially win 15 games is more significant, maybe even once in a lifetime. A Bedardless Hawks team increases our chances of a win.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
We live in a universe where Pius Suter just got a hattrick.

I'm sorry but there just isn't room for a Connor Brown goal in the same universe.
Speaking of that hatrick, he scored all 3 Canucks goals including the tying goal in the final minute at home… and there literally wasn’t a single hat thrown on the ice? Did that tradition die and I missed it?

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Cup hunting
I want the UFC chant instead of the Wave tonight at the Oilers game as well but I'm not gonna see that either, lol.

At least one league gets it. The others would pipe up the artificial crowd noise button immediately to drown out unrest.

Reactions: MinisterOfSinister

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Magic #15!!!
1000017081.jpg

Reactions: Jimmi McJenkins

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
Snet and the NHL would like to remind you that telecast of this game will be pre-empted or carried in progress after the important PWHL match between The Montreal Minx and the Cleveland Cleavage is finished. Cassie Campbell will do a 30minute postgame of the PWHL match which is mandated viewing. All subscribers that do not watch this match and Queen Cassie will see a blackout screen on Saturdays Oilers telecast as well. Do your part, watch PWHL, learn to like it for inclusion and supporting equal rights and pay. Know that next season all NHL clubs will have a partner PWHL club and tickets to any Oilers game require you buy 1 PWHL Edmonton Ecstasy tickets for every two Oilers tickets at same price. The PWHL games to be played at Clareview arena.. Learn to like it.

This is currently fiction but wouldn't surprise me to see some push if such things continue. I find it interesting already that I have free access to any and all PWHL games without blackout but that the NHL continues to make it difficult to view NHL games due to all the blackouts and proprietary rights.

In a similar vein I live on a city that clears bike paths within 12hrs and streets within two weeks of a snowstorm. Behavioral mandated changes coming to a City and town near you. Also, rolling blackouts all weekend, y'all use too much electricity. Learn to live in the frozen dark.

The Cleveland Cleavage!!!!! Ha!
If they do play, I may have to watch!

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Speaking of that hatrick, he scored all 3 Canucks goals including the tying goal in the final minute at home… and there literally wasn’t a single hat thrown on the ice? Did that tradition die and I missed it?
No, I assume they think they're above that in Vancouver, only toss hats for the "good" players. or some other nonsense.

Shanahanigans

Jun 16, 2011
The second line has to stop hurting us more games than not 5v5 to make the top 6 work. I thought there was a bit of a resurgence from them in the games against the Kraken and Flames before reverting to their brand of slow skating, high risk, no reward hockey. Kane and Draisaitl both have limited capacity to recognize risk in their puck management decisions and it is costing that line dearly.

I'd be interested to see what switching Kane and RNH between line 1 and 2 would do. I feel like that would unlock both Kane and Drai while removing the need to stack the top line.
If Kane is actually injured they should shut him down. He's not really helping these days. We're winning, plus with the additions of Holloway and Perry, he's not critical for this stretch. Let him get healthy so he can play his usual game.

Reactions: Duke74

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Snet and the NHL would like to remind you that telecast of this game will be pre-empted or carried in progress after the important PWHL match between The Montreal Minx and the Cleveland Cleavage is finished. Cassie Campbell will do a 30minute postgame of the PWHL match which is mandated viewing. All subscribers that do not watch this match and Queen Cassie will see a blackout screen on Saturdays Oilers telecast as well. Do your part, watch PWHL, learn to like it for inclusion and supporting equal rights and pay. Know that next season all NHL clubs will have a partner PWHL club and tickets to any Oilers game require you buy 1 PWHL Edmonton Ecstasy tickets for every two Oilers tickets at same price. The PWHL games to be played at Clareview arena.. Learn to like it.

This is currently fiction but wouldn't surprise me to see some push if such things continue. I find it interesting already that I have free access to any and all PWHL games without blackout but that the NHL continues to make it difficult to view NHL games due to all the blackouts and proprietary rights.

In a similar vein I live on a city that clears bike paths within 12hrs and streets within two weeks of a snowstorm. Behavioral mandated changes coming to a City and town near you. Also, rolling blackouts all weekend, y'all use too much electricity. Learn to live in the frozen dark.

This is f***ing hilarious.

Reactions: RegDunlop

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton

You need a snickers

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
If Kane is actually injured they should shut him down. He's not really helping these days. We're winning, plus with the additions of Holloway and Perry, he's not critical for this stretch. Let him get healthy so he can play his usual game.

I don't think he's injured enough to not be playing, he just needs to change how he's playing and probably who he's playing with. He does not work with Drai (at least when Drai is in stand still and fire it to the middle mode, not skate and go to the net mode) and doesn't have the game for the bottom 6.

He needs to simplify his puck possessions and only think "go to the net and shoot" in the o zone. The thought of east-west passing or dangling through defenders shouldn't ever enter his mind, but lately that's all he's been doing.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
Edmonton
i don't mind Knoblauch experimenting with lines a bit. They haven't swapped things around too much since he started here besides McLeod/Foegele

They can definitely squeeze more offense out of McDavid and Draisaitl as well

Duke74

Jan 13, 2018
McDrai back together is no bueno.

Coaches just can't resist I guess.
Maybe it's a bit of a treat for both of them to pad their stats, especially given the opponent. Not sure if it will work out that way though, especially with this trend of low scoring games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad