Sudbury Wolves 2023-2024 Off-Season Thread (Part 2)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
Next step is finding a goaltender. Even if it's not an elite one, I think they need to pickup a warm body assuming they're not going to use an OA spot on one of the current guys.

Reactions: Section5Petes

howlman

Mar 9, 2004
Musty Delic(OA) Nemec
Walton Villeneuve Pharand
Klinkhammer Chovan Coughlan
Dean Chitaroni DiGiantommaso
Clayton

DeAngelis(OA) Ewles
Jackson McCoy(OA)
Horgan Blonda
Bruce/O'Dell

Krawchuk
Gaulton

Wolfie

Nov 3, 2023
Musty Delic(OA) Nemec
Walton Villeneuve Pharand
Klinkhammer Chovan Coughlan
Dean Chitaroni DiGiantommaso
Clayton

DeAngelis(OA) Ewles
Jackson McCoy(OA)
Horgan Blonda
Bruce/O'Dell

Krawchuk
Gaulton
I think Coughlan will replace Pharand on that second line, if he can stay out of the box. Saying that this new coach seems to like the rougher players.

Whoppy52

Mar 6, 2013
Next step is finding a goaltender. Even if it's not an elite one, I think they need to pickup a warm body assuming they're not going to use an OA spot on one of the current guys.
Assume they will allow new goalie coach to assist in some of the decisions re goaltenders.

I Loveallsports

I'm a optimist not a optometrist
Apr 13, 2010
This is good news so far. A housecleaning behind the bench was necessary, this looks like a massive upgrade right now. Let’s see how the team looks on the ice
Bigtime upgrade compared to what they had.

I wonder if his brother Jeff will still be a scout

Last edited:

Wolf on a Wire

Sep 18, 2022
Bigtime upgrade compared to what they had.

I wonder if his brother Jeff will still be a scout

Dario is getting the message
If memory serves me correctly, Andrew Desjardins was a trusted Quenville favourite. He played a roll that will translate well with the Wolves! Bottom 6 200ft honest grinder and PK guy. Something tells me we are gonna be a hard team to play against this coming season. Welcome home AD.

Voice from the North

Sep 17, 2013
Dario is getting the message
The biggest local hanger on is gone now. That’s a plus
If memory serves me correctly, Andrew Desjardins was a trusted Quenville favourite. He played a roll that will translate well with the Wolves! Bottom 6 200ft honest grinder and PK guy. Something tells me we are gonna be a hard team to play against this coming season. Welcome home AD.

All of the coaching staff were known for being tougher players and having to grind to get where they needed to go. They will have no time for soft play and extended shifts

• Love
Reactions: WolvesFan

Wisdom

Jun 28, 2014
Known Andrew and his wife since they were in their teens. We talked at length at a wedding we attended a few years ago. Incredible work ethic and still tough as nails. Between the 2 assistants and new head coach poor discipline will be a thing of the past hopefully

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
Really liking the look of the new coaching staff. Still annoying that this is all happening *after* we wasted the greatest roster in franchise history and arguably the best roster in the CHL, but at least Zulich is acting upon the learned lesson of how critical it is to have competent coaches behind the bench no matter how talented the team is.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Really liking the look of the new coaching staff. Still annoying that this is all happening *after* we wasted the greatest roster in franchise history and arguably the best roster in the CHL, but at least Zulich is acting upon the learned lesson of how critical it is to have competent coaches behind the bench no matter how talented the team is.
see 1975-76 roster

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
The GM is the most to blame for his gutless approach at the trade deadline and he gets a free pass, shameful

Reactions: Habs0101

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
The GM is the most to blame for his gutless approach at the trade deadline and he gets a free pass, shameful

I can live with the GM being poor at trades if he's getting drafted players to report...I would imagine because of his NHL connections. The ability to draft BPA and recruit those guys to actually report is important.

Not saying it's ideal nor that there aren't better candidates, but if you ask me to choose between Papineau and anything akin to the 15+ years before Papineau, it's easily Papineau. Even Mike Foligno was somewhat overrated...the 2004-2007 results were extremely underwhelming all things considered. Took a miracle, lipstick on a pig, goalie driven run as an under .500 team to reach the final in 06-07, after what was an objectively miserable regular season.

I'd be fine with replacing him if it was absolutely certain that the candidate won't regress into having all of the same reporting issues that we had for several years before Papineau. That's a mandatory, absolute must.

Last edited:

Wolf on a Wire

Sep 18, 2022
Just remember there are no trade clauses and you need other team owners and GMs willing to trade…so gutless maybe a little harsh. According to a photo posted on this board not long ago our GM was big game hunting according to the dressing room name tags.

Reactions: Whoppy52
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad