GDT: Game 41: Preds @ Avs | 1 PM MT | Predators and Other Animals

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
I'd like to see some of the kids. Bigras, Greer, Compher, etc. I do not see the point in not giving them a shot at this point. I suppose that the Avs have to clear some roster spots with trades.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Zads got 22 minutes tonight, and 2 minutes on the powerplay. Really like his play.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Landeskog, who by all accounts is having a down year, is 4th on the team in goals despite missing 10 games.

Iginla, Soderberg, Comeau, and Colborne have a combined 18 goals and 32 points.

They make a combined 15M for this team.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
The vets of this team are a problem. Also would have loved Varly to make one of those important saves at important times. After the Fisher goal you just knew they were gonna lose. Rinne stoned Mackinnon right after Preds took the lead thats what a good goalie is supposed to do. Didnt like how he just let the puck get across on the Mcleod goal either.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
awww that was kinda sad. like im glad Cody is gone, nothing against him as a player but i think it signifies a need for new change
But listening to his post game he still refers to the Avs as his team and calls the Preds, Nashville

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
The vets of this team are a problem. Also would have loved Varly to make one of those important saves at important times. After the Fisher goal you just knew they were gonna lose. Rinne stoned Mackinnon right after Preds took the lead thats what a good goalie is supposed to do. Didnt like how he just let the puck get across on the Mcleod goal either.
Gelinas just stood there and watched McLeod score.
Bet against your own team? :shakehead

It's called being smart? Why bet for the Avs to win when they've done it 13 times in 41 tries this season

AMDZen

ME in the RED Circle
Apr 7, 2010
Denver
Home.Page.ZeN
It's called being smart? Why bet for the Avs to win when they've done it 13 times in 41 tries this season

We basically always lose at home. It would take some kind of gambler to bet on the Avs at home. Not sure what kind of gambler, but some kind .... different from me.

Its all in good fun also, not like vCash has real world applications ya'll :popcorn:

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
And will be on every home game for the rest of the season.

Why would you want the team to win now? Season's over. It's time to root for losses. If you're not on board then get overboard :P

I don't want the environment to continue to be this bad for the rest of the season, because I think it could have a long term negative effect on the young players that will be counted on to turn things around.

I actually think the Avs will improve a little (maybe surpass AZ) when they inject some of the kids in the lineup at the expense of some of these vets.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
Since the start of December, we've played exactly 20 games, and have won 4. I've literally never seen anything like this. That's a .200 record !!

derbyavs

May 18, 2015
I don't get to see many games live (living in the uk). Tuned in today thinking that the preds were there for the taking, and they were. Ref made some poor calls, but so did the coaching team. Benching Mack was ridiculous, especially given how poor iggy and soder were playing.

Thought Lande played really well, Mack was a constant threat too. I was impressed by Nieto and Rants at times too. I thought duchene had a very quiet game by his standards, the other forwards just didn't contribute anything positive.

Zads was probably our best player tonight in my opinion which is really promising.

It was really disappointing to see a few guys putting the effort in and constantly being held back by lacklustre supporting players and bad coaching decisions. Soderberg taking a penalty 11 seconds into our power play was embarrassing.

I know this season is over for us now but it's important to have a bit of pride, negativity is contagious and we don't want our young prospects coming into a changing room which is going to suck all the drive and confidence out of them.

Skip2myBordyloo

Stay the course
Apr 7, 2010
Landeskog, who by all accounts is having a down year, is 4th on the team in goals despite missing 10 games.

Iginla, Soderberg, Comeau, and Colborne have a combined 18 goals and 32 points.

They make a combined 15M for this team.

I see a whole lot of fat there, endless amounts, I'm not going to bag the core(Even though I'm more than ready to move Duchene+Barrie) when you have supporting players who aren't worth a damn.

I'd protect Grigorenko just so we have to expose the others salaries.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012

Why would you want the team to win now? Season's over. It's time to root for losses. If you're not on board then get overboard :P

Hehehehe, fair enough mate. God I hope we win the lottery.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011

The "good" thing is that it does not look like we will have to root for losses at all this season.

Avs will have quite a sizable lead on the 3rd worst team in the league once EJ comes back and hopefully many of our deadweight vets are gone at the deadline.

That is when I expect to see real improvement and us starting to win games. And I really hope they do. Don't want to see them go into the offseason with a historically bad performance.

Arizona is very catchable. They are awful and unlike the Avs, their goalie will represent them at the all star game. So if Smith falls apart, they should be worse than us.

Second last gives us a top5 pick , most likely the #4 overall so that is fine even if we don't win the lottery.

So there really is no reason to root for losses this year IMO.

Reserve that for next year when we are hopefully way more competitive and when there is the big price of Rasmus Dahlin (or Svechnikov) at the end of the tunnel of suckage.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Mac, Dutchy, and Landeskog all have wingers good enough to be scoring more goals with than they have been. Rantanen is good, Bourque and Nieto are fine enough.

The three guys still can't put up points thoguh they'll all look notably good in a given game. Yeah I know Bednar's a **** coach but for me it just makes it easier to move on from these guys, Duchene and Landeskog anyways. We might love them but they aren't what we need them to be.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I don't get to see many games live (living in the uk). Tuned in today thinking that the preds were there for the taking, and they were. Ref made some poor calls, but so did the coaching team. Benching Mack was ridiculous, especially given how poor iggy and soder were playing.

This alone, for me personally, would be enough to fire Jared Bednar tomorrow. MacKinnon hasn't been a world-beating superstar this season but the double standard from Bednar regarding young vs veteran players is disgusting.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
Bourque as 1G 2A and -12 in his last 20 games. Sakic needs to trade him fast if we expect to get anything in return. :(

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Every single coach in the league has a double standard for veterans vs. young players. Go to the team boards. Every single one, including Mike Babcock. Detroit fans complained about it for years, and I've seen complaints from a few Leafs fans even, such as the use of Nylander, despite how brilliantly some of their young players are doing.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
This alone, for me personally, would be enough to fire Jared Bednar tomorrow. MacKinnon hasn't been a world-beating superstar this season but the double standard from Bednar regarding young vs veteran players is disgusting.

I mentioned the accountability issue to my wife during the game (young player versus vet). I don't know if Bednar was instructed to handle it that way by management, but if it is his decision, it makes him look entirely of of his depth. You can't have such obvious double standards in coaching a team IMO.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Mac, Dutchy, and Landeskog all have wingers good enough to be scoring more goals with than they have been. Rantanen is good, Bourque and Nieto are fine enough.

The three guys still can't put up points thoguh they'll all look notably good in a given game. Yeah I know Bednar's a **** coach but for me it just makes it easier to move on from these guys, Duchene and Landeskog anyways. We might love them but they aren't what we need them to be.

:laugh:

One is a player who, on good teams, would be a 3rd/4th line forward and the other is RENE BOURQUE, a player who, prior to this season had put up a grand spanking total of 75 points since 2011-2012.

Oh yeah, good enough wingers alright

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad