GDT: Game 41: Preds @ Avs | 1 PM MT | Predators and Other Animals

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
In a team sport, you HAVE to believe you can win every single game. You HAVE to. How many did The Blue Jackets win straight? I'm sorry, with 42 games left (possible 84 points on the board), for Sakic to come out and claim we aren't playing play-offs (as realistic as it is or not), that is a pathetic mindset - you just don't say it.

It's called mailing it in, at the start of January.

Imagine how the sponsors, season ticket holders & fans feel at a call like that? Upset me. This is my Avalanche, and I don't ever want us conceding anything. Peter Forsberg would be appaulled.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
LOL, Avs are playing one of the best games from the past two months and yet we're stilling losing to an injury-ridden team.

Yikes if this isn't a sign how much this team sucks, nothing will.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Arvidsson weighs as much as a medium bag of peanuts. He bounces into the boards after contact.

Likeable player though.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
In a team sport, you HAVE to believe you can win every single game. You HAVE to. How many did The Blue Jackets win straight? I'm sorry, with 42 games left (possible 84 points on the board), for Sakic to come out and claim we aren't playing play-offs (as realistic as it is or not), that is a pathetic mindset - you just don't say it.

Imagine how the sponsors, season ticket holders & fans feel at a call like that? Upset me. This is my Avalanche, and I don't ever want us conceding anything. Peter Forsberg would be appaulled.

Not being delusional is a good thing. This org has been far too delusional for way too long. A step back to look at the big picture and a dose of reality might be the best thing to ever happen to them. People complain when they try to find the positive in things so they can continue on. Come on, it's ridiculous when McNab gets on tv and is like "it's huge, after tonight the Avs could only be 11 back of the last wild card, you never know what could happen!" THAT is what's insulting.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Another missed call, this time on MacKinnon.

This is a very winnable game, but we'll find some way to lose with Forsberg getting an ENG and it ending 4-2

Love Zadorov's two hits. Especially when one is open ice on Neal

Avs44

May 16, 2011

They are 13 points behind the third last team. I'd rather not have a delusional GM, regardless of what you would rather have at the helm. What Sakic has been saying lately is incredibly reassuring. I'm delighted he's come out and been honest, rather than dumbing everyone down and insulting our intelligence by pretending this tire fire has a shot.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
#ZedBombs are now all inclusive to include slapshots and flattening clowns like Neal at open ice. What a boy.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
Not being delusional is a good thing. This org has been far too delusional for way too long. A step back to look at the big picture and a dose of reality might be the best thing to ever happen to them. People complain when they try to find the positive in things so they can continue on. Come on, it's ridiculous when McNab gets on tv and is like "it's huge, after tonight the Avs could only be 11 back of the last wild card, you never know what could happen!" THAT is what's insulting.

But we beat a near full strength Blackhawks, and a pretty good (despite the standings) Islanders recently. To me, that means (on our day), we can beat anyone.

People are suggesting to me that I'm wrong, because I feel we are closer than people think to being competitive (and I think this off season is all it will take to make that happen). Heck, I said that before the puck dropped this season.

The club (Sakic, Kroenke, Bednar etc) should expect that our team play balls to the wall every game (like they have in this one) - if we lose like this, I'm still satisfied, because we have fought. Telling the hockey world your not playing in the playoffs at this time in the season would lead to complacency, surely.

The reason I tune in every game, and even watch the replays of the losses if I'm at work, is despite the culture around the team, I think we can win every game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad