GDT: Game 41: Preds @ Avs | 1 PM MT | Predators and Other Animals

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skip2myBordyloo

Stay the course
Apr 7, 2010
Mac, Dutchy, and Landeskog all have wingers good enough to be scoring more goals with than they have been. Rantanen is good, Bourque and Nieto are fine enough.

Disagree, neither are top 6 players on a decent team, they look okay among the garbage.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Mac, Dutchy, and Landeskog all have wingers good enough to be scoring more goals with than they have been. Rantanen is good, Bourque and Nieto are fine enough.

The three guys still can't put up points thoguh they'll all look notably good in a given game. Yeah I know Bednar's a **** coach but for me it just makes it easier to move on from these guys, Duchene and Landeskog anyways. We might love them but they aren't what we need them to be.

Its called having the worst defense in the league behind you.

Three forwards without support are not worth much.

There is a reason why everyone is hoarding good defensemen right now....

And yeah. PTO Bourque and Nieto who just got claimed on waivers are not exactly fine....

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
Bourque as 1G 2A and -12 in his last 20 games. Sakic needs to trade him fast if we expect to get anything in return. :(

If the other teams' scouts are watching the game, I would be surprised if there is much interest in some of these vets.

AMDZen

ME in the RED Circle
Apr 7, 2010
Denver
Home.Page.ZeN
If the other teams' scouts are watching the game, I would be surprised if there is much interest in some of these vets.

On the other side of that

And I preface this that I am watching playoff football so ... but for the part of the game I did watch. At the beginning and between commercials, Landeskog looked amazing. Better than he has all season even.

Makes me wonder if he is picking up his play so much because he actually WANTS to be traded, and knows there are rumors and scouts en masse.

derbyavs

May 18, 2015
We made Cody Mcleod look like a solid bottom 6 player tonight. I know he'd have been fired up to play us a day after being traded but he looked twice as good, if not more, than over half of our forwards tonight. Maybe the problem isn't the assets we have, but the people controlling the assets and making decisions.

Skip2myBordyloo

Stay the course
Apr 7, 2010
We made Cody Mcleod look like a solid bottom 6 player tonight. I know he'd have been fired up to play us a day after being traded but he looked twice as good, if not more, than over half of our forwards tonight. Maybe the problem isn't the assets we have, but the people controlling the assets and making decisions.

To be fair he was going to play hard all night with an edge and he has a fresh start with a new team.

He wasn't going to play the same way going in and out of the press box with Bednar.

falconski

Unregistered User
Jan 21, 2008
awww that was kinda sad. like im glad Cody is gone, nothing against him as a player but i think it signifies a need for new change
But listening to his post game he still refers to the Avs as his team and calls the Preds, Nashville

nah, good for cody, he gets to compete for a cup while playing his role (even though I think Nashville is a pretender this year). His heart's still with the avs though.

Landeskog and oddly enough, beauchemin were our positives tonight though

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Bednar said he was "banged up" in the post game interview.

I'm talking w/ AJ, who was in the room and recorded the post-game press conference.

He was pretty sure, and then double-checked the recording, that Bednar said:

"Well, certainly it wasn't because he got dinged up" and he says that's the exact quote.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I'm guessing there was an altercation or Mackinnon did something Bednar didn't like. Not sure how well the tough guy act will wear for Bednar.

He shouldn't be doing the things he's doing. Benching young star players, scratching young players, constantly shuffling the lines game after game, sometimes period after period, and allowing the veterans of the team to coast game after game.

I wouldn't be surprised one bit if the young players on this team tuned him out a while ago

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
I'm talking w/ AJ, who was in the room and recorded the post-game press conference.

He was pretty sure, and then double-checked the recording, that Bednar said:

"Well, certainly it wasn't because he got dinged up" and he says that's the exact quote.

Bednar needs to go... what a ****ing idiot.

That said the Avs didn't do themselves any favors this game, but it sure as heck was one-sided when it comes to officiating.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I don't like sending the kids a message by just outright benching them but we don't know what happened in this case. I'm not going to rip on Bednar for it.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
zqROwAv.jpg

We're running out of steam, capt'n.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
nah, good for cody, he gets to compete for a cup while playing his role (even though I think Nashville is a pretender this year). His heart's still with the avs though.

Landeskog and oddly enough, beauchemin were our positives tonight though

It was kinda cute actually, he had to correct himself twice and laughed about it the second time

bye cody :fight:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad