GDT: Game 41: Gimme a Dozen - Kraken @ Oilers 7pm - SN1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Thomas Tatar

Yeah these next two games are statement games. I mean I do think we're probably due for some bad puck luck and a loss here at some point, but wins against the Kraken and Flames would really separate the Oilers from the pretenders.
I don’t know. I feel like we have had plenty of bad puck luck in this streak. Hell, how many goals have been called back even when we do score? When we DO get the bounces we tend to steam roll teams.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
As has been reported many many times the players love those jerseys it’s why the kept choosing them for the playoffs. My guess is they like them because they provide them with own identity as opposed to the stigma attached to the mains
That's fair, I don't mind it honestly. If they can make a dozen in the jerseys they prefer, all the better.

Reactions: WaitingForUser

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
Oilers need to go to Turtle island 3rd jerseys with maybe heritage classic leather gloves or something. Those are brilliant logos, use em. (theyd probably look better in whites/light color though)

Reactions: Jimmi McJenkins

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012
We've played the Kraken well since they've entered the league and I expect that to continue tonight.

Keep doing what you are doing, Oilers, and the win will come.

Reactions: Lay Z Boy GM

Arty Spooners Bsmnt

Apr 22, 2023
Surprisingly I thought these two clowns did a good job against the Leafs, but they are total wild cards. With these two you're either going to have them sit on their whistles the whole game before calling something irrelevant in a key moment of the game, or call absolutely everything in a horrifically unbalanced manner.

They're both just the worst. Nice to see that Lee is 38, hopefully he calls it a day sooner than later, takes his pension, and stops ruining NHL hockey games.
That 38 is the number of games he has officiated this season. He is 43 years old.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Sooner than later we need to start working him into more games and not just against D level opponents.

We absolutely can't do the traditional Oiler thing of not testing what we have before going to market or holding with what we got. If we can establish that Pickard can play on a more consistent basis and hold the fort then it provides certainty one way or another. The whole reason we are in this goaltending debacle is because at no point did we see what we had before making structural roster decisions. If we kept Skinner up in 2022 when both Koskinen and Smith were shaky we might have realized that we didn't need to give Campbell $5M. But we didn't, so here we are. Just hope history doesn't repeat itself.

Yep. This is the frustrating thing with the Oilers.

They don’t use their farm system very well. Training camp has been useless the past two years.

We don’t really even know what we have in guys like Holloway or Broberg very well. And let’s not get started on the Kesselring (in the past), Rodrigue, Gleason, Kemp, Borgault etc.

Reactions: Duke74

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Sooner than later we need to start working him into more games and not just against D level opponents.

We absolutely can't do the traditional Oiler thing of not testing what we have before going to market or holding with what we got. If we can establish that Pickard can play on a more consistent basis and hold the fort then it provides certainty one way or another. The whole reason we are in this goaltending debacle is because at no point did we see what we had before making structural roster decisions. If we kept Skinner up in 2022 when both Koskinen and Smith were shaky we might have realized that we didn't need to give Campbell $5M. But we didn't, so here we are. Just hope history doesn't repeat itself.
D level opponents?
1705613677436.jpeg

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Yep. This is the frustrating thing with the Oilers.

They don’t use their farm system very well. Training camp has been useless the past two years.

We don’t really even know what we have in guys like Holloway or Broberg very well. And let’s not get started on the Kesselring (in the past), Rodrigue, Gleason, Kemp, Borgault etc.

Was just listening to Got Yer Back and Rishaug said the plan as he understands it is they were always planning on running Skinner ragged in January due to the easier schedule combined with the time off in early February, then mixing in Pickard more after.

Although being logical on paper, in practice we're missing an opportunity. I also don't think rest working on your game here due to days off is the same as rest on a beach somewhere in the Bahamas in early February. This plan also assumes a lot of things that shouldn't be left to assumption.

mkatcherin00

Apr 2, 2023
Feels very winnable especially with so many injuries to Seattle. That said injuries or not EDM has always played them really well. As long as the goaltending holds up and the kraken don’t get like 5 goals on 20 shots, the Oil should be able to extend their streak to 12. Would be nice to see them start the game on time for once. Too many games being down.
Yeah. Coming from behind is not sustainable. We were a really good starting team, but I think we have allowed the first goal in 6/11 games on this streak

I would of gave Skinner the night off. I know our schedule is lax but just my opinion.
KK has said he will give him more nights off later on

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Oilers need to go to Turtle island 3rd jerseys with maybe heritage classic leather gloves or something. Those are brilliant logos, use em. (theyd probably look better in whites/light color though)
Nah. The only correct option (because of course I'm the authority) is to bring back the WHA throwbacks

Morpheus

nuckin’ futz
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2007
Oak Island - Lot #32
one two three FOUR five six seven eight NINE TEN eleven twelve

Well done, my friend
Fun fact: the song was performed by the Pointer Sisters.
They are known for their late 70s to 80s stuff but this track from their debut kicks off with a killer drum beat and is a vinyl must have imo:

I’m sure the beat’s been sampled in hip hop multiple times.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad