GDT: Game 41: Gimme a Dozen - Kraken @ Oilers 7pm - SN1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
Winning 12 in a row would be amazing. Im not sure what price will have to pay the hockey gods though. IF we lose tonight, hopefully the Kings as lose as well. Hell, it would be even better to WIN and have the kings lose. 2 birds one stone. Gain ground and overtake those old f***s.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Winning 12 in a row would be amazing. Im not sure what price will have to pay the hockey gods though. IF we lose tonight, hopefully the Kings as lose as well. Hell, it would be even better to WIN and have the kings lose. 2 birds one stone. Gain ground and overtake those old f***s.
We already paid the hockey gods at the start of the season.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Jesus f***ing Christ. Is the opposite of a dream team, a waking nightmare team? If so that's what these two f***ing jokers are.
This feels like the 1980s when Swede Knox and Randy Mitton were, it seemed, the only two linesmen who ever did Oiler games because they lived locally (that said, they were both uber competent and professional).

NHL refs are like players nowadays, living in some warm locale and flying in and out to games. These guys aren’t “locals”. Why do the Oilers continue to pull these two as their officials??

Reactions: FiveFourteenSixOne

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
So tonight we will see Gagner, Eberle, Yamamoto, Larsson, Justin Schultz and RNH. It's like an Oilers reunion !!
Kraken collects Oilers' sloppy seconds, as the classic would say!

What a contract! Stinks so bad you can smell it coming all the way from Calgary when the wind blows from the south. :snide:
That too! The worst contract since Fletcher gave the Leafs Finger!

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Just take a peak at the shcedule for the last 3rd of the season. Its brutal.
Skinner is going to get plenty of nights off.

Its also why I think the team will bring in a 1A/1B goalie near the trade deadline.

It's so brutal. Twice they play 10 games in 17 days and finish off the season with 5 games in 7 days.

Reactions: guymez

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
I'm expecting another 3-2 or 3-1 game.

OUR OFFENSE HAS DRIED UP!!

At some point the damn will break again and we'll go on a run of scoring 4+ goals every game like normal.

The best thing is we're running through teams without the goals, which has never happened before in any sense.

Reactions: Duke74

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Circuit Circus
At some point the damn will break again and we'll go on a run of scoring 4+ goals every game like normal.

The best thing is we're running through teams without the goals, which has never happened before in any sense.
Yea man, I'm actually glad we aren't letting in more than 2 goals a game.
It's fantastic defending and goaltending.

Shanahanigans

Jun 16, 2011
Some fancy stats stuff...at 61.8%, the Oilers (at the halfway point) have the best xgf% since analytics began being recorded in 07. 2nd was Colorado in 20-21. Knoblauch has cleaned up our defensive game in a major, major way.

Ekholm and Bouchard might be the 2nd best all around pairing in the NHL after Makar-Toews. They've been downright dominant.

There are still some areas of improvement I'd like to see on the roster, but I didn't think coaching would make this big of a difference- boy was I wrong. This team isn't just Mcdrai anymore.

Oh yeah...and we're doing all this with an ice-cold powerplay.

PULSATING

Sep 20, 2018
Some fancy stats stuff...at 61.8%, the Oilers (at the halfway point) have the best xgf% since analytics began being recorded in 07. 2nd was Colorado in 20-21. Knoblauch has cleaned up our defensive game in a major, major way.

Ekholm and Bouchard might be the 2nd best all around pairing in the NHL after Makar-Toews. They've been downright dominant.

There are still some areas of improvement I'd like to see on the roster, but I didn't think coaching would make this big of a difference- boy was I wrong. This team isn't just Mcdrai anymore.

The most mindblowing part of Bouch's advanced stats are how dominant they are despite his tendency to make a few mistakes per game that result in 5 alarm chances for the opponent. That shows just how heavily he tilts the ice. If he can clean his game up a bit he could contend for the Norris IMO.

Reactions: Duke74

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
This feels like the 1980s when Swede Knox and Randy Mitton were, it seemed, the only two linesmen who ever did Oiler games because they lived locally (that said, they were both uber competent and professional).

NHL refs are like players nowadays, living in some warm locale and flying in and out to games. These guys aren’t “locals”. Why do the Oilers continue to pull these two as their officials??
It shows the records with them reffing and we're talking 3-7 games a year. And Edmonton has a winning record with both last year and a couple years going now with Kozari. I don't see the refs as a big deal and the Kozari beef with McDavid is now full on myth. Most of his games in recent years have either been perfectly fine and occasionally favourable.

The most mindblowing part of Bouch's advanced stats are how dominant they are despite his tendency to make a few mistakes per game that result in 5 alarm chances for the opponent. That shows just how heavily he tilts the ice. If he can clean his game up a bit he could contend for the Norris IMO.
The biggest thing I keep saying about Bouchard is that he really doesn't make a ton of mistakes, it's just that when he does, they are very big and noticeable mistakes, and because he's naturally calm out there it also looks like he doesn't give a shit when he makes a mistake. Throw in the fact that people are looking for those mistakes now, we also see a bit of confirmation bias going on.

Bouchard is a great dman and playing with a strong dman like Ekholm, looks downright elite.

Last edited:

PULSATING

Sep 20, 2018
It shows the records with them reffing and we're talking 3-7 games a year. And Edmonton has a winning record with both last year and a couple years going now with Kozari. I don't see the refs as a big deal and the Kozari beef with McDavid is now full on myth. Most of his games in recent years have either been perfectly fine and occasionally favourable.

The biggest thing I keep saying about Bouchard is that he really doesn't make a ton of mistakes, it's just that when he does, they are very big and noticeable mistakes. Throw in the fact that people are looking for those mistakes now, we also see a bit of confirmation bias going on.
I agree. He makes plays only a handful of other D in the league can. I'll take the turnovers, you gotta crack a few eggs to make an omelette.

Love that he's got his own style too. Saw a stat that he has double the number of 90mph+ shots as anyone else so far this season.

He's turning into a bit of a jerk as well, with the rough stuff and jawing after the whistle, love to see it :laugh:. Hopefully, Nurse can teach him how to keep the headbutts to a minimum.

Reactions: OilynutEsquire

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Winning 12 in a row is 3 playoff SWEEPS if it happened in Spring. Make it happen Oilers, no better time than to start practicing for that now.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011

Best since the stats was recorded? Very interesting. Matches how we’ve been playing half court hockey for a long while now with not much happening in our own zone. Neutral zone denials must be playing a huge part of this line up wide, aside from the just the pure dominance of Line 1.

It’d be nice to see some of the “X”GF turned into Actual GF though soon. We’ve dried up a bit in actual production these last 4 games. Maybe a sign the Oilers break out in a big way tonight, maybe we are due. Blow out time?

Sanchez

Jan 18, 2006
boudreau-darn.gif

• Haha
Reactions: iCanada and stony

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad