GDT: Game 41: Gimme a Dozen - Kraken @ Oilers 7pm - SN1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

McBooya42

Let's do this!
Jun 28, 2010
Edmonton
don't sleep on the Kraken, Oilers...they're coming off an emotional win over the Leafs with the BOA on tap

I think the Oilers play well because they team doesn't wanna mess up this heater they're on
iu

Shanahanigans

Jun 16, 2011
Best since the stats was recorded? Very interesting. Matches how we’ve been playing half court hockey for a long while now with not much happening in our own zone. Neutral zone denials must be playing a huge part of this line up wide, aside from the just the pure dominance of Line 1.

It’d be nice to see some of the “X”GF turned into Actual GF though soon. We’ve dried up a bit in actual production these last 4 games. Maybe a sign the Oilers break out in a big way tonight, maybe we are due. Blow out time?
The process of “expected goals” turning into actual goals depends on a few factors
Best since the stats was recorded? Very interesting. Matches how we’ve been playing half court hockey for a long while now with not much happening in our own zone. Neutral zone denials must be playing a huge part of this line up wide, aside from the just the pure dominance of Line 1.

It’d be nice to see some of the “X”GF turned into Actual GF though soon. We’ve dried up a bit in actual production these last 4 games. Maybe a sign the Oilers break out in a big way tonight, maybe we are due. Blow

It’d be nice to see some of the “X”GF turned into Actual GF though soon. We’ve dried up a bit in actual production these last 4 games. Maybe a sign the Oilers break out in a big way tonight, maybe we are due. Blow out time?
Theres a few reasons xgf% may not align with gf%. Teams like Carolina for example are great at controlling play but lack true shooting talent, so they consistently underperform their xgf%. For the Oilers this year, early season goaltending struggles means we have gave up a lot more goals than “expected”, along with Mcdavid, Draisaitl and RNH shooting below their career average shooting percentage.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
The process of “expected goals” turning into actual goals depends on a few factors

Theres a few reasons xgf% may not align with gf%. Teams like Carolina for example are great at controlling play but lack true shooting talent, so they consistently underperform their xgf%. For the Oilers this year, early season goaltending struggles means we have gave up a lot more goals than “expected”, along with Mcdavid, Draisaitl and RNH shooting below their career average shooting percentage.

Are we underperforming expected goals too?

Shanahanigans

Jun 16, 2011
Are we underperforming expected goals too?
Yes, even strength this year we have 53% of goals while we’re “expected” to score 61%. Most of that is our goaltending being league worst for the first 15 or so games, which is 1/3 of the season so far.

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Fun fact: the song was performed by the Pointer Sisters.
They are known for their late 70s to 80s stuff but this track from their debut kicks off with a killer drum beat and is a vinyl must have imo:

I’m sure the beat’s been sampled in hip hop multiple times.

Not just hip hop.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
The NHL Record for consecutive wins is 17.

Just putting that out there.
long way to go but you never know. Personally I feel goaltending will probably be the culprit as to why they lose. Skinner or pickard are bound to have a stinker. Lol

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
I hate beating the kraken because they only have 3 fans and produce a measly 2 page gdt to read through after the oilers win
our Post game's are the same length when we win too. Since soundwave isnt posting in them.

Hockeylife2018

Nov 21, 2011
Tonight's a tough one....who do I cheer for, calgary or toronto?

I don't like cheering for calgary, but the thought of the meltdown if the leafs miss the playoffs would be something special...

Reactions: Duke74

GOilers88

#FreeMoustacheRides
Dec 24, 2016
long way to go but you never know. Personally I feel goaltending will probably be the culprit as to why they lose. Skinner or pickard are bound to have a stinker. Lol
When you start winning that many games, I think any goalie is bound to have an off night eventually. Or the team in general.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad