GDT: PRESEASON - Kraken @ Flames 7pm MT (4am in Finland) [On CalgaryFlames.com]

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SaintMorose

Jul 21, 2009
Good to see Coronato back quickly

I really like the idea of Pelletier with Backlund and Coleman (again), hopefully he can find enough chemistry there to keep getting that look into the season

Reactions: Ledge And Dairy

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I keep thinking that Pelts won't be good enough to make the team but he'll be given a roster spot anyways because the Flames don't want to expose him to waivers.
Hopefully he plays well enough tonight to change my mind.

Last edited:

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Seems like Pachal has the inside track for the #6D spot. He's played pretty well in the preseason.
I don't mind him really but do hope to see lots of rotation in the bottom of the roster this year. Still don't see a lot of use for Barrie.

Are we going to see Bahl at all before the regular season opens?
Hoping for big games out of Solo and Pelts. If Honzek wants to take back sole possession of preseason scoring leader that would be cool with me too. More chemistry with Klapka and Lomberg.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
I keep thinking that Pelts won't be good enough to make the team but he'll be given a roster spot anyways because the Flames don't want to expose him to waivers.
Hopefully he plays well enough tonight to change my mind.
Keep in mind the organization is more familiar with Pelletier than many others, so we don't know what his "assignment" is this preseason. The preseason isn't just about playing the best, it's also about working on certain aspects of your game. For instance, if the coaching staff has asked Pelletier to focus on his defensive play and not worry about offense, he'd be playing a quieter and less noticeable game to the fans. We see this every year.

A good thing to remember and preseason is pure rookies like Honzek have to go balls out to show something. Veterans it's about timing and getting into game shape. The guys in the middle, they'll be asked to work on little things in their game. Like it's obvious Solovyov and Grushnikov have been working on being more physical.

Reactions: Ledge And Dairy

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Keep in mind the organization is more familiar with Pelletier than many others, so we don't know what his "assignment" is this preseason. The preseason isn't just about playing the best, it's also about working on certain aspects of your game. For instance, if the coaching staff has asked Pelletier to focus on his defensive play and not worry about offense, he'd be playing a quieter and less noticeable game to the fans. We see this every year.

A good thing to remember and preseason is pure rookies like Honzek have to go balls out to show something. Veterans it's about timing and getting into game shape. The guys in the middle, they'll be asked to work on little things in their game. Like it's obvious Solovyov and Grushnikov have been working on being more physical.
Hopefully that assignment will be to shoot the puck more.
I don't know about you but those 9 shots on goal in 13 games last year was pretty damn disappointing... to me anyways.

Ledge And Dairy

I don't know about you but those 9 shots on goal in 13 games last year was pretty damn disappointing... to me anyways.
I would rather he be a guaranteed defensively reliable forward than a Daniel Sprong any day of the week.

Also lets not pretend his 54 seconds vs the Rangers counted as a game. Hell I would hardly call his 4:55 vs Vegas a game

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
The fact his SOG/GP ratio didn't change much in the AHL post injury is more telling to me that SOG in a 4th line role with limited minutes and with linemates that are less likely to generate offensive opportunities.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad