GDT: Game 41: Gimme a Dozen - Kraken @ Oilers 7pm - SN1

Oilers88

Jun 19, 2011
A win tonight would put us at 25 wins (halfway to the 50 we had last year), top 10 in the NHL in points percentage, and (hopefully) top three in the division, all at the halfway point. I think we could comfortably say we've overcome our bad start, and would set ourselves up really nicely for the second half.

The Oilers haven't consistently their best effort the last few games- I really hope they recognize the importance of this game and bring their best.

Reactions: stewy04

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Feels very winnable especially with so many injuries to Seattle. That said injuries or not EDM has always played them really well. As long as the goaltending holds up and the kraken don’t get like 5 goals on 20 shots, the Oil should be able to extend their streak to 12. Would be nice to see them start the game on time for once. Too many games being down.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
I look at it differently. The more we win the more we go in at TDL to make sure we have the right ingredients for a playoff run. The team either shows its go time for all in, or not.

If you could improve the team you should.

Shit, I drank the rum last night. bad timing, sorry folks.

Wasn't Kraken anyway. What swill.
Let me clarify. By the less we have to spend at the deadline, I mean we are spending and not caving into other GMs demands and getting better values in our trades

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Cup hunting
View attachment 805468

Seattle is the pink one needed to make the even dozen. Fearless Prediction: Oilers 6 Seattle 3.

McDavid goes off big time for 4 points.
Lets play a pick just one game. I would pick the chocolate donut except who ever was handling it put their fingerprints on it. gross. But as a celiac all these are offlimits. Sad panda face.

I remember every office party being like "we're putting on a celebration of staff. We ordered Pizza, and donuts.

Me: " Great, I can't have any of it." Wheres the rum at?

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Cup hunting
YES! WELCOME BACK SAMMY! Much needed injection of skill and scoring ability into the bottom 6.
Its interesting that in 2024 Sam Gagner is a better player than Jordan Eberle is this season. With Seattle still paying Eberle 5.5M and us paying Gagner league minimum. Sure Eberle was value one of the years in the contract but is he ever awful now. For a player getting topline minutes, top PP looks his production this season is awful. His scoring is a fireable offense. Eberle looks done.

Gagner getting mostly bottom minutes and has far better pts/min G/min production and has actually been a catalyst making big plays. Never forget either that when this team was struggling Gagner was not. He was one of the few bright faces in the room and on the ice always. Players like Sam Gagner are so important, and always have been. That he's been so devalued at times is one of the strangest things I've seen in decades of following hockey.

Morpheus

nuckin’ futz
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2007
Oak Island - Lot #32
Lets play a pick just one game. I would pick the chocolate donut except who ever was handling it put their fingerprints on it. gross. But as a celiac all these are offlimits. Sad panda face.

I remember every office party being like "we're putting on a celebration of staff. We ordered Pizza, and donuts.

Me: " Great, I can't have any of it." Wheres the rum at?
I’d take the kruller

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Cup hunting
Drai is snorting Krak today, he don't care. 2G 1A

Harder to find the Krak because this is a home game, not in Seattle.

I would make Larsson play with himself at Rexall. Might find some Krak around there.

Get f***ed Larsson!

Yamamoto. No hard feelings.

Eberle: You were good here. But time to retire.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Thats right...the NHL record is 17.

Coming up they have Seattle, Calgary, Columbus, Chicago, Nashville, Vegas and Anaheim.
That would give them 18 wins.

Its not outrageous to think they could pull that off.
Wouldnt that be something. :nod:
12. Cave (Honourable mention to Dave Hunter)
13. Linesman
14. MacTavish
15. Nilsson
16. Buchberger
17. Kurri
18. Simpson

There might be a winner or two in there

Reactions: guymez

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
A win tonight would put us at 25 wins (halfway to the 50 we had last year), top 10 in the NHL in points percentage, and (hopefully) top three in the division, all at the halfway point. I think we could comfortably say we've overcome our bad start, and would set ourselves up really nicely for the second half.

The Oilers haven't consistently their best effort the last few games- I really hope they recognize the importance of this game and bring their best.
This is true and in the past the team would normally lose the game when they didnt bring their best effort and that would become 2 losses and then 3..ie slumps.
What I find encoraging about the fact they are winning despite not bringing their best effort is that if they can push through these spells of playing poorly and recognize that they need to step up that may the be the formula to avoiding losing streaks.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Put him on LTIR until the playoffs, or are we going to be the nice guy again?
I would agree, but only if he's actually that hurt. I get the hustle and don't disagree, but it's up to the player too (to an extent)

I would of gave Skinner the night off. I know our schedule is lax but just my opinion.
I was wondering if they want to see how Pickard does with the Battle of Alberta pressure?

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
I would agree, but only if he's actually that hurt. I get the hustle and don't disagree, but it's up to the player too (to an extent)

I was wondering if they want to see how Pickard does with the Battle of Alberta pressure?

This is the problem. Kane has to play ball to go on LTIR, it's much easier said than done to suggest that we can simply just stash him there.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
I would of gave Skinner the night off. I know our schedule is lax but just my opinion.

Sooner than later we need to start working him into more games and not just against D level opponents.

We absolutely can't do the traditional Oiler thing of not testing what we have before going to market or holding with what we got. If we can establish that Pickard can play on a more consistent basis and hold the fort then it provides certainty one way or another. The whole reason we are in this goaltending debacle is because at no point did we see what we had before making structural roster decisions. If we kept Skinner up in 2022 when both Koskinen and Smith were shaky we might have realized that we didn't need to give Campbell $5M. But we didn't, so here we are. Just hope history doesn't repeat itself.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad