GDT: Game 41: Gimme a Dozen - Kraken @ Oilers 7pm - SN1

Morpheus

nuckin’ futz
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2007
Oak Island - Lot #32
@Morpheus , while I super appreciate you have kept the streak alive in @5 Mins 4 Ftg absence, it’s worth noting that these wins under your GDT leadership tend to result in higher butt clenching than normal. So I’m just asking for a less dramatic win today and perhaps a mild and relatively stress free blow out. Many thanks.
IMG_3253.gif

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Sorry @guymez my previous prediction of win 9-lose 1 was clearly off and now I just don't know what to think about this team and win streaks!
How could you have possibly predicited that they would lose? ;)
I actually cant remember the thread (lol) but if you're not pulling my leg that has to be one of the best predictions this board has seen.

So now predict how many wins in a row they get. :nod:

I'm saying 15.

alanschu

Aug 12, 2005
Edmonton, Alberta
How could you have possibly predicited that they would lose? ;)
I actually cant remember the thread (lol) but if you're not pulling my leg that has to be one of the best predictions this board has seen.

So now predict how many wins in a row they get. :nod:

I'm saying 15.
16!

We will endlessly go 16 wins, 1 loss, the rest of the season... "sadly" just missing the Penguins record.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
16!

We will endlessly go 16 wins, 1 loss, the rest of the season... "sadly" just missing the Penguins record.
Thats right...the NHL record is 17.

Coming up they have Seattle, Calgary, Columbus, Chicago, Nashville, Vegas and Anaheim.
That would give them 18 wins.

Its not outrageous to think they could pull that off.
Wouldnt that be something. :nod:

alanschu

Aug 12, 2005
Edmonton, Alberta
Thats right...the NHL record is 17.

Coming up they have Seattle, Calgary, Columbus, Chicago, Nashville, Vegas and Anaheim.
That would give them 18 wins.

Its not outrageous tho think they could pull that off.
Wouldnt that be something. :nod:
Actually is pretty winnable now that you mention it.

I suppose focus on game 12 first lol

Reactions: guymez

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Cup hunting
Divisional game. This one is more important. A regulation win and zero pts to Kraken essentially stuff them in the garbage bin and send them on another losing spiral thereby negating their fluke winstreak.

Fans were hyped about the Leafs game because thats always the way it is but the divisional matchups against teams that still think they are in the race are more important.

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
Divisional game. This one is more important. A regulation win and zero pts to Kraken essentially stuff them in the garbage bin and send them on another losing spiral thereby negating their fluke winstreak.

Fans were hyped about the Leafs game because thats always the way it is but the divisional matchups against teams that still think they are in the race are more important.
Yeah these next two games are statement games. I mean I do think we're probably due for some bad puck luck and a loss here at some point, but wins against the Kraken and Flames would really separate the Oilers from the pretenders.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Cup hunting
9 OT losses at the halfway mark is f***ing ridiculous.
It bothers me particularly with the Kraken because if you look at most of those games they were outplayed and shouldn't even get a point. Its the Calgary type thing. Cruising goaltending, and goaltending only to get some pts.

Nothing worse than a team playing for a 1-1 draw. Even in Football I can't stand that approach.

Reactions: TB12

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Cup hunting
Cheaper by the dozen. The more we win, the less we have to spend at the deadline
I look at it differently. The more we win the more we go in at TDL to make sure we have the right ingredients for a playoff run. The team either shows its go time for all in, or not.

If you could improve the team you should.

Shit, I drank the rum last night. bad timing, sorry folks.

Wasn't Kraken anyway. What swill.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad