The Roster Thread, Summer 2024

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
And remember the only reason we weren’t a bottom 5 team was because our goalie went on a roll for the first time in his life. Is Adams assuming he’ll have that level of goaltending next season too? He shouldn’t be.

You can’t use all $14m unless a decent chunk of that is a one-year deal because many players will need a raise next season, and Skinner’s dead cap will be larger.

You have Quinn and Peterka.

In my 'projection' you have 12 players under contract at 61M, so 31M in cap space. You have Quinn, Peterka, and Levi as RFAs. If you allocate 15M to them combined (bridge deals), that leaves 16M for 6-8 bodies. If you assume 3 of those are ELC graduates, 13M for 3-5 bodies.

So yes, one long term and one short term. The long term body can be sizable, however.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
This is absolutely idiotic.. even for Peters who likes to stir the pot of a tortured fanbase .. his whole podcast is to cater to pissed off Sabre fans.

I use to like the guy.. he is a joke now.
His entire basis of his post is off a random caller 😂😂😂😂

Peters is becoming a 🤡

Its starting to look like it..

Which one of you are the caller?

Reactions: Dirty Dog

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
His entire basis of his post is off a random caller 😂😂😂😂

Peters is becoming a 🤡

Which one of you are the caller?
I strongly feel that he says stuff like this because he likes playing the heel and wants people to get mad over the team. And he also doesn’t follow the league enough to have anything actually insightful to say most of the time.

I still listen because I love Rivet. Rivet isn’t the smartest hockey mind but he loves the team and follows the league as closely as we do, and brings a lot of experience to the conversation. He’s also a talented broadcaster and is generally an entertaining personality

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
You have Quinn and Peterka.

In my 'projection' you have 12 players under contract at 61M, so 31M in cap space. You have Quinn, Peterka, and Levi as RFAs. If you allocate 15M to them combined (bridge deals), that leaves 16M for 6-8 bodies. If you assume 3 of those are ELC graduates, 13M for 3-5 bodies.

So yes, one long term and one short term. The long term body can be sizable, however.
What do you mean by “short term?” I think it needs to be 2 years to be able to use it all because Tuch needs a big raise soon too, and we’ll have that $6.5 hit for skinner the year after.

He can always trade guys out if he needs to, if he’s able to trade for better players, so I think your way of looking at it is probably best. But if that second deal is longer than 2 years it may force some difficult decisions…but that’s probably a good sign if that happens

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
What do you mean by “short term?” I think it needs to be 2 years to be able to use it all because Tuch needs a big raise soon too, and we’ll have that $6.5 hit for skinner the year after.

He can always trade guys out if he needs to, if he’s able to trade for better players, so I think your way of looking at it is probably best. But if that second deal is longer than 2 years it may force some difficult decisions…but that’s probably a good sign if that happens

In an ideal world the short term is 1 year 5-8M and the long term is 6-9M (not going over 14M combined)

If the long term one is 5-6M, you could do a 2 year around 4-5M. I don't think, realistically, you can add more than 10M to the books for 25-26 (assuming you go 3 years for Malenstyn and UPL and no long term deals for other RFAs)

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
Can someone clarify what he means by "phone caller": Is it someone on a radio/streaming show calling him or does he mean someone "in the know" called him personally?
I really don't think Peters knows much but probably knows more than us. That being said the results with Adams for the last 4 years doesn't seem to go against that.

I don't think a lot of players want to waive to come here.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
In an ideal world the short term is 1 year 5-8M and the long term is 6-9M (not going over 14M combined)

If the long term one is 5-6M, you could do a 2 year around 4-5M. I don't think, realistically, you can add more than 10M to the books for 25-26 (assuming you go 3 years for Malenstyn and UPL and no long term deals for other RFAs)
I think you’re basically spot on with those calculations then.

And this is the opposite as I’ve said before but maybe we shouldn’t worry about adding anything big to 25-26 since we could always sell off a Quinn or Peterka at any point and replace them with what will ostensibly be an army of hungry, good winger prospects on the farm.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
I’m sure he’s making shit up but it has crossed my mind several times when he says he is in on everything and talks to everyone that his extreme lack of moves matters. It makes me think of Tim Murray saying that there are some GMs who you know it’s just a waste of time. You have better things to do than go over your rosters with a GM who doesn’t do anything. GMs have five years of talking to Kevyn Adams. Almost all of which was a complete waste of time

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
I’m sure he’s making shit up but it has crossed my mind several times when he says he is in on everything and talks to everyone that his extreme lack of moves matters. It makes me think of Tim Murray saying that there are some GMs who you know it’s just a waste of time. You have better things to do than go over your rosters with a GM who doesn’t do anything. GMs have five years of talking to Kevyn Adams. Almost all of which was a complete waste of time
Adams values his guys too much, most likely.

I know everyone has someone in fantasy football or whatever league that they hate trying to trade with.

Reactions: sabremike

paulmm3

Mar 29, 2014
Yeah teams want to make themselves better, outside of helping a division rival they don't care who their trade partner is. Maybe Adams values his players too highly or has that reputation, but any competent GM is going to pick up the phone and listen to any offer from any other GM to see if they can make their team better.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Peters throwing stones without backing it up with just "someone told me on the phone". :biglaugh:
Even if he's tossing out a porker here I don't think it can be denied that practically nobody in the league has any respect for this organization whatsoever. But putting on my tinfoil hat: wouldn't shock me if the "caller" was someone from or being fed info from one of the organizations that tried unsuccessfully to get a deal with Adams done and they want to put the mouth to him.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Well the good news is that Krebs might not end up the 3C after all.

The bad news is that it’s because they need him at second line wing.

• Haha
Reactions: SabresFan26

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
And people will eat up. I just can't get overly emotional this early in the offseason. I save that for the regular season!

Peters tone has changed a bit over the past year, I think he figured out that when he is more opinionated with some angry takes that his ratings are higher.

When he had a more boring persona he lost his radio spot, lost his job, and his followers were a lot fewer...

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad