Rumor: Trouba to Detroit (Rangers retaining)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
Hopefully it's out of the air and NY media are just pushing a story.

Never wanted this guy really and less and less with how it's playing out and perceived cost. If Red Wings get a 1st round pick back, of course different thing but my thing from start of this is why in the world are Wings helping the Rangers prior to UFA? Even if Yzerman likes Trouba, why would he ensure the NYR can go spend in UFA. Doesn't make much sense to me from the start unless Red Wings actually get something significant in the trade besides NYR cap dump.

Last edited:

TheOctopusKid

Sep 24, 2010
If NY was the ones really pushing hard to get this deal completed as this report suggests, so much so that they blindsided Trouba's camp with the news, that has got to be in the Wings' favor. What would they be willing to agree to at this point to get this done?

Trouba at 2.5M retained + 2nd for Holl?

Would you take Trouba at 5.5AAV for 2yr and a pick for the chance to dump Holl's 3.4AAV and some draft capital?

It's an interesting question

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
If NY was the ones really pushing hard to get this deal completed as this report suggests, so much so that they blindsided Trouba's camp with the news, that has got to be in the Wings' favor. What would they be willing to agree to at this point to get this done?

Trouba at 2.5M retained + 2nd for Holl?

Would you take Trouba at 5.5AAV for 2yr and a pick for the chance to dump Holl's 3.4AAV and some draft capital?

It's an interesting question

Hell yes.

Trouba at his worst is still twice the dman Petry and Holl are.

One issue I read on the mains but didn’t see any supporting evidence for is Trouba may not waive his ntc for Detroit to stick it to Drury, or because his wife is in residency for one more year, or both. His wife is a doctor in NYC.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
I think Trouba is dog shit and even I can see that’s a win. Joe Veleno is a 4th line scrub.

Veleno is fine, the problem is there is almost no value coming back for nearly 5 million dollars in bottom of the line up talent (if its KK+Trouba for Holl+Veleno+pick/prospect). That is negative value coming to Detroit.

Why are you a Wings fan? Lmao
Trouba and KK are plugs. KK is a bottom 6 forward and Trouba is a 3rd pairing D man.

Reactions: Steve Yzerlland

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Hell yes.

Trouba at his worst is still twice the dman Petry and Holl are.

One issue I read on the mains but didn’t see any supporting evidence for is Trouba may not waive his ntc for Detroit to stick it to Drury, or because his wife is in residency for one more year, or both. His wife is a doctor in NYC.

Isn't she a neuroscientist? It's kinda like an arsonist being married to a firefighter.

When you put it in terms of Petry and Holl, I can see the appeal. I just wish it wasn't Jacob "chicken wing" Trouba.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
Why are you a Wings fan? Lmao
Only team I ever loved. I was at the parade in 97'. I will never get used to settling for mid tier players...

Isn't she a neuroscientist? It's kinda like an arsonist being married to a firefighter.

When you put it in terms of Petry and Holl, I can see the appeal. I just wish it wasn't Jacob "chicken wing" Trouba.
This is wonderful man lol.

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009
How often does the whole "We're making this trade" news happen publicly and then it's seemingly April Fools in June?

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
It was an amazing run. Sadly I doubt we will ever dominant the NHL again...
Most teams can only hope for consistent runs like Toronto/Carolina/Vancouver/Dallas/Vegas/Tampa/Boston are making and that it'll workout one year. It's extremely hard to be dominate in this NHL now. It's hard to collect that much top talent and even harder to find top talent better than the top talent.

Red Wings are more built like the Seattle Kraken than any of those consistent playoff teams I mentioned. Imo there best shot for a cup run is finding a dominate goalie and riding that out like St. Louis or Montreal a few years back, or... making a huge trade for a talent more skilled than Larkin.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Rest in peace, Donald Sutherland.
fire-firefighter.png

Axel Sandy Pelikan

Michael Brandsegg-Nygard or Bust.
May 11, 2023
There are people here that think if you don't say that every move Yzerman is rumored to make is 5D chess you aren't a true fan.

Who?

If you’re saying the Walman move… it’s f***ing obvious that something else was coming and then he came out and said “hey, it’s really expensive to clear cap space”.

It’s not thinking that a move is 5d chess when it clearly presages more moves to come (as you aren’t clearing cap space at a high cost to sit on it.

It’s use your brain 🧠 time

Reactions: odin1981

JediOrderPizza

Apr 15, 2012
Tampa, Fl
I’m hearing the Troubas just really don’t want to leave NY, nothing against Detroit. His wife is in residency, but they also just love it there and wanted it to be their forever home. Some speculation that on Monday Trouba will submit his 15-team list and have Detroit on it.
Honestly the way they did Goodrow, it might be worse if he does. He could find himself out west again.

Reactions: jaster

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
It’s use your brain 🧠 time
I'm not leveling the following comments at any one individual, but I think they're relevant:

It's very easy to just say that something sucks. It takes more effort and discipline to really justify an opinion and keep discourse moving forward.

Forums in general would be vastly improved with less of the former and more of the latter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad