Post-Game Talk: GAME 29 - BAH HUMBUG - NYR 2 BRUINS 1 F/OT

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

NeelyOrr

Dec 23, 2018
Central NY
A major penalty felt like overkill to me. Call 2 for boarding i guess. It just wasn’t bad at all
If that had been Marchy called for the boarding, he would have been taken out in handcuffs.
If it had been Marchy being boarded, the penalty would have been 2 minutes.
I want an investigation. I want those refs suspended.

A major penalty felt like overkill to me. Call 2 for boarding i guess. It just wasn’t bad at all
I had no problem with the 5 minutes. The game misconduct has to be looked into. Something fishy going on there.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
If that had been Marchy called for the boarding, he would have been taken out in handcuffs.
If it had been Marchy being boarded, the penalty would have been 2 minutes.
I want an investigation. I want those refs suspended.

I had no problem with the 5 minutes. The game misconduct has to be looked into. Something fishy going on there.
Doesn’t the game misconduct go along with the major?

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
man Pasta REALLY doesn't like Lindgren
It's a bad hit, may have cost them the extra point.... but I like that he has that in him. Pastrnak's eyes went green and he clearly wanted to light Lindgren up. A+ for intention. F for execution. I wish there was more of that in the bottom half of the roster.

It's always McAvoy, Marchand, or Pastrnak. That's your top-3 skaters right there.... Don't see enough of that hard hitting intention from the guys who struggling to stay in the lineup. Very strange. It's seemingly right there for the taking if anyone wants top show an ounce of physical aggression.

the negotiator

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Yes the refs were bad- putrid- blind
BUT
once Pasta got tossed it was only a matter of time, the Bs had zero offensive threats. Getting a point was about as good as one could have hoped.

to LadyFans earlier point.- time for some changes to be made ...too many players not showing up ( Jake mentioned by many) or lacking any defining skill set (Brown who is a fifth liner ) or who are a step too slow ( JVR, Shatthenkirk) or too easily knocked off the puck (Grizz). And please can someone sharpen Matty P's skates - the kid must have fallen down 3 times in addition to being knocked off his skates 3-4 times

the Rangers were not that impressive and a heavier team or a team with better shooters would have taken the W

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
PO's are a different animal, but, imho, that regular season stat is still amazing. I don't think 'nice' does it any justice. But again, that's you.
Last year’s season just ended do miserably I watch the regular season games but where they finish just isn’t a big deal anymore

NeelyOrr

Dec 23, 2018
Central NY
BUT
once Pasta got tossed it was only a matter of time, the Bs had zero offensive threats. Getting a point was about as good as one could have hoped.

to LadyFans earlier point.- time for some changes to be made ...too many players not showing up ( Jake mentioned by many) or lacking any defining skill set (Brown who is a fifth liner ) or who are a step too slow ( JVR, Shatthenkirk) or too easily knocked off the puck (Grizz). And please can someone sharpen Marty P's skates - the kid must have fallen down 3 times in addition to being knocked off his skates 3-4 times

the Rangers were not that impressive and a heavier team or a team with better shooters would have taken the W
I thought the Rags were impressive and they are balanced enough to go deep in the PO's. OTOH, the BRUINS are not as balanced and rely way too much on stellar goaltending.
Based on the salary cap, I don't expect any major change of players on the BRUINS.
Hopefully, the younger guys will continue to improve as the season skates on.

Last year’s season just ended do miserably I watch the regular season games but where they finish just isn’t a big deal anymore
If only Marchy had lifted the puck on that breakaway. I'm guessing he still has nightmares about that.

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
BUT

to LadyFans earlier point.- time for some changes to be made ...too many players not showing up ( Jake mentioned by many) or lacking any defining skill set (Brown who is a fifth liner ) or who are a step too slow ( JVR, Shatthenkirk) or too easily knocked off the puck (Grizz). And please can someone sharpen Matty P's skates - the kid must have fallen down 3 times in addition to being knocked off his skates 3-4 times

I think you underrate the Rangers more than a bit, but all fair points. Shattenkirk has actually been one of their better d to my eyes during this stretch. Lindholm is the one who is playing below expectations...

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
It's a rebuilding year. Most of me does not expect more than fine. I miss the old special Bruin tenacity.
Thing is. The hits are there to take. And lots of players shy away from it. Which okay fine, not every player plays that game. But your defenceman? They gotta hit. They have to hunt out there. Shit. I've seen more hits from Torey Krug at his small stature than Carlo or Lindholm, etc.

I think it needs to be a requirement for our d-men. McAvoy can't be the only one.

Last edited:

NeelyOrr

Dec 23, 2018
Central NY
The way I look at the EAST is the BRUINS have the best goaltending, the Rags are the most balanced team, and the Laffs have the most explosive offense, but are weak on defense and have average goaltending. Florida is just plain scary.

Reactions: BadBruins

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad