Post-Game Talk: GAME 29 - BAH HUMBUG - NYR 2 BRUINS 1 F/OT

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

NeelyOrr

Dec 23, 2018
Central NY
You really think so? Didn't squarely hit either number on his back. Clearly was going in for the shoulder. Zero history. Not known at all as a malicious player or even a hitter. With DoPS you never know, but even so I cannot see how on earth Pasta gets a suspension given what has only received fines around the league in recent weeks. It was a careless hit by Pasta for sure, but I chalk it up more to him not being very proficient at hitting more than anything. His going for big hits is a very recent development.
I agree with you. Imho, like I posted earlier, he should have gotten the 5 minutes w/o the game suspension. There was stink in the arena tonight coming from those dip shits wearing the stripes.

NeelyOrr

Dec 23, 2018
Central NY
They just can't score goals plain and simple. Offensively challenged.

Obviously the goaltending is spectacular, and the team D is extremely solid but you're not going to win many games 1-0 or 2-1. Freddy deserved an assist somewhere to give him a Gordie Howe Hat Trick but alas, not another goal to be found. Freddy was on fire tonight though. Wish we saw that EVERY night.

I like Wotherspoon better than Mitchell as the 7th/8th D call up guy. He's just a little more solid and defensively sound imo.
Glad Poitras wasn't seriously hurt but he needs to shoot the puck more. Too many times he tries the soft pass for the sake of accuracy and while that may have worked in junior, it's not fast enough to get through at this level. Shoot the puck more or just fire it towards the net area and let them bang around for it. Stop worrying about perfect passes all the time. he does that I think he will be far more effective at this point.

The refs didn't do us any favors that's for sure but it really shouldn't come down to that. We need more offense period.
I disagree about the team D being extremely solid. The Bruins are near the top in giving up quality shots. As of last weak they were allowing 17 QS per game.

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
I still think JDB can turn it around, plus the Bruins need his speed. As for Gryz, the sooner he is moved on the better, definitely don't want him here come playoff time.
You know if Cassidy was still coach here Jake would be out of the line up at this point. Sure he's fast, and he's a decent PK guy, but right now he is far from being a top 6 winger. idk if he secretly wants out or what (maybe wants to go to Edmonton next year) but he's definitely not earning a big payday that's for sure. Better to let him walk and give that money to Elias Lindholm or somebody else next year.

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
I disagree about the team D being extremely solid. The Bruins are near the top in giving up quality shots. As of last weak they were allowing 17 QS per game.
They are back checking, blocking shots, forcing play outside, taking away rebounds. It's a solid structure that lets the goalies play aggressively and confidently. The two things are interconnected imo.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
You really think so? Didn't squarely hit either number on his back. Clearly was going in for the shoulder. Zero history. Not known at all as a malicious player or even a hitter. With DoPS you never know, but even so I cannot see how on earth Pasta gets a suspension given what has only received fines around the league in recent weeks. It was a careless hit by Pasta for sure, but I chalk it up more to him not being very proficient at hitting more than anything. His going for big hits is a very recent development.
..as soon as DoPs see the spoked B on the uniform, it's a minimum of two games automatically before they even see the infraction

I wish I was kidding

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
It would be easier to name those who are contributing.
I still think JDB can turn it around, plus the Bruins need his speed. As for Gryz, the sooner he is moved on the better, definitely don't want him here come playoff time.
What does his speed do for the team, definitely not points. Drafted in 2015 and still cannot figure it out. Move him out.

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
They just can't score goals plain and simple. Offensively challenged.

Obviously the goaltending is spectacular, and the team D is extremely solid but you're not going to win many games 1-0 or 2-1. Freddy deserved an assist somewhere to give him a Gordie Howe Hat Trick but alas, not another goal to be found. Freddy was on fire tonight though. Wish we saw that EVERY night.

I like Wotherspoon better than Mitchell as the 7th/8th D call up guy. He's just a little more solid and defensively sound imo.
Glad Poitras wasn't seriously hurt but he needs to shoot the puck more. Too many times he tries the soft pass for the sake of accuracy and while that may have worked in junior, it's not fast enough to get through at this level. Shoot the puck more or just fire it towards the net area and let them bang around for it. Stop worrying about perfect passes all the time. he does that I think he will be far more effective at this point.

The refs didn't do us any favors that's for sure but it really shouldn't come down to that. We need more offense period.
I agree with all of it, fwiw. I kind of like Wotherspoon. He hustles, has decent hands, good vision, and is assertive in his passing and play. He is better than Mitchell, and I hope they see that. Poitras , like Krejci, needs to work on his shot, and definitely needs to make better and quicker decisions in the offensive zone. I would also have like to have seen him take it to the net on that early good chance.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
You know if Cassidy was still coach here Jake would be out of the line up at this point. Sure he's fast, and he's a decent PK guy, but right now he is far from being a top 6 winger. idk if he secretly wants out or what (maybe wants to go to Edmonton next year) but he's definitely not earning a big payday that's for sure. Better to let him walk and give that money to Elias Lindholm or somebody else next year.
Edmonton needs good D-men, not floating forwards afraid of contact

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
Sometimes you just have to have have mindless entertainment...

so I recently got back into playing the Sims :laugh:
Original sim city (windows 3.1 386 times) was badass

I was an Oblivion guy myself. I loved Skyrim too, but the goofy shit you could do in Oblivion was just so much fun. I didn't try Morrowind until it was "old", so it was tougher to get into.
ES6 is supposed to be hammerfell-focused

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad