Post-Game Talk: GAME 29 - BAH HUMBUG - NYR 2 BRUINS 1 F/OT

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
Let's move Gryz and JDB, I do not see us missing either one. JDB has high hopes if he thinks he is getting the big contract, with his performance he should give the team a refund.

Let's move both now as some teams may think they have value. Show more of their current play and we will get 0.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Let's move Gryz and JDB, I do not see us missing either one. JDB has high hopes if he thinks he is getting the big contract, with his performance he should give the team a refund.

Let's move both now as some teams may think they have value. Show more of their current play and we will get 0.
yup
those two are not helping at this point.
debrusk invisible after pasta got booted

frankiess

Jan 31, 2019
The players need the support of management in sending a message to the NHL over this stretch of terrible officiating.

Swayman strong as always. The poor fans watching the NHL force an OT.

Rangers are hardly impressive. Zero pride and integrity on that end of the ice tonight.
It's been a while since I've heard Brick call the officiating ''pathetic''.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
In his current state asking him to be a D1 isn’t helping.

As for the officiating…well…sometimes you gotta say what you gotta say and accept any consequences.

It would be nice if Monty got real, post game…but management has been pretty timid about calling out pure nonsense over the years.

It hasn’t just been tonight. The Bruins have been getting the short end consistently over the past month or so. I’d love to see some stats on it.

As I said earlier, can’t remember too often the Bruins coming out ahead in powerplays.

Overall the Bruins were -18 on penalties despite the record prior to this game.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011

Yep, I've finally lost patience with Jake and wanted to trade Gryz a couple years ago

..but it may be too late to get a decent return

NeelyOrr

Dec 23, 2018
Central NY
The refs giving Pasta a game misconduct was very suspicious when a 5 minute major would have been the correct penalty.
This should be investigated by the league.

Reactions: Gordoff

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
Let the record show my pregnant wife required Skyrim which required our not yet hooked up Xbox which she implied she wanted me to connect despite my just getting comfortable for game 2 with the oil, joint and drink by my side - and yes, I honoured this request because I am a Good Man (tm)

NeelyOrr

Dec 23, 2018
Central NY
Quite incredible, even last year with that juggernaut regular season team it seemed like most nights we were on the short end when it came to PP's.
The PK has been remarkable at 88%. Like everything else relating to defensive numbers, most of the credit has to go to SWAY-MARK.
At this point in the season, I would have them #1 and #2 in MVP voting. Just look at the BRUINS record 19-5-5.

Reactions: Spjutmuren and BMC

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Let the record show my pregnant wife required Skyrim which required our not yet hooked up Xbox which she implied she wanted me to connect despite my just getting comfortable for game 2 with the oil, joint and drink by my side - and yes, I honoured this request because I am a Good Man (tm)

Ah Skyrim.

She's a keeper.

Skyrim is great. Try Elder Scrolls Online.
Elder Scrolls takes...hours of time and dedication. I had to take a break :laugh:

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Like it or not Pasta's probably going to miss 2 or 3 games, just another challenge that the Bruins will have to face. I like his intent, he's been more physical all year and that's good. Just was over-zealous on this one and will have to pay the price. So it goes.
You really think so? Didn't squarely hit either number on his back. Clearly was going in for the shoulder. Zero history. Not known at all as a malicious player or even a hitter. With DoPS you never know, but even so I cannot see how on earth Pasta gets a suspension given what has only received fines around the league in recent weeks. It was a careless hit by Pasta for sure, but I chalk it up more to him not being very proficient at hitting more than anything. His going for big hits is a very recent development.

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
They just can't score goals plain and simple. Offensively challenged.

Obviously the goaltending is spectacular, and the team D is extremely solid but you're not going to win many games 1-0 or 2-1. Freddy deserved an assist somewhere to give him a Gordie Howe Hat Trick but alas, not another goal to be found. Freddy was on fire tonight though. Wish we saw that EVERY night.

I like Wotherspoon better than Mitchell as the 7th/8th D call up guy. He's just a little more solid and defensively sound imo.
Glad Poitras wasn't seriously hurt but he needs to shoot the puck more. Too many times he tries the soft pass for the sake of accuracy and while that may have worked in junior, it's not fast enough to get through at this level. Shoot the puck more or just fire it towards the net area and let them bang around for it. Stop worrying about perfect passes all the time. he does that I think he will be far more effective at this point.

The refs didn't do us any favors that's for sure but it really shouldn't come down to that. We need more offense period.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad