Post-Game Talk: GAME 29 - BAH HUMBUG - NYR 2 BRUINS 1 F/OT

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
Call me an old fart, but I hate 3on3. The basics of hockey are good forechecking and backchecking. Can't do that with all that open ice. Its glorified pond hockey. Don't get me started on teh shootout. I actually stop watching a game if it gets to that.

I get why they do it, they don't want 3 OTs games. Oh well.
You are an old fart lol.

Just like me
20 minutes ot then it's a tie

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
1702823379134.png

1702823546634.png

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
I think the team did well to get 4 of 6 pts the last three. Guys like Freddy and Grzelcyk played very well last night which was great to see. It’s good to see all the players having some bright moments it will help later

Reactions: Ladyfan and Terrier

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
just watched the replay of the game.
pasta will get 1 game i think. should be 2 but that would look bad after giving trouba nothing at all.
man potrais had a tuck in goal if he didnt go around the net. hes gotta put that in shesterkin was lije 10 feet out swimming.
gryz. what the hell was that in ot? just stands there as trochek slides by.
debrusk is just coasting. he had a chance to step up after pasta gets tossed and does absolutely nothing.

JerseyBruin

May 29, 2019
rangers were selling calls all night long, was pathetic.
Yeah that is what really angered me about the game , the Rangers thought they were playing in the EPL last night. A guy like Fox who has immense talent becomes an asshat to me when he starts flopping all over the ice to get calls.

Reactions: CDJ and dugg133

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Yes it was another horrid officiating game by the NHL's finest. The league has the worst officiating and that call against Linholm was prolly the worst I have ever seen. It was so bad that the league now should put it in their rule book so players don't try and do the same thing with an opposing players stick. There really is no solution, I have said before maybe the NHL should start fining the refs for these calls (Non Calls). The call when the Bruins had a Power play and the first play from face-off Marchand gets tripped but as we Bruins fans well know this is the New York Rangers heck look at the non call for when a player swings his stick with the ref 7 feet away looking directly at the play and the same result NO CALL. It is sickening and it needs to stop.

The only possible solution, is actually something that could possibly make the viewing experience worse.

Allow coaches to challenge penalty calls up to 2x in a game and have them reviewed remotely. Furthermore, if the coach is right and the referee is wrong, they don’t lose the challenge. Coaches can also challenge plays that were not initially called a penalty.

Serves two purposes. First, they (hopefully) get the call right.

Second they get legitimate data regarding who the quality officials are and who aren’t.

Might bog down some games, but TBH, I can live with 3 hour games if they start getting officiated at even a B+ level.

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
I think the team did well to get 4 of 6 pts the last three. Guys like Freddy and Grzelcyk played very well last night which was great to see. It’s good to see all the players having some bright moments it will help later

Indeed, the tough tri-state tour didn't turn terrible, given the injury bug. Beats being a Pens fan this morning.

The Hockey Tonk Man

May 3, 2007
Toronto
Someone really needs to call out the refs the past two games.

Not why they lost, but man oh man it's just embarrassing at this point.

Someone take the fine for saying something, get the boys to pony up and cover the cots and move one.

Edit* 48 on that OT goal was just brutal

bob77

Nov 19, 2014
Call me an old fart, but I hate 3on3. The basics of hockey are good forechecking and backchecking. Can't do that with all that open ice. Its glorified pond hockey. Don't get me started on teh shootout. I actually stop watching a game if it gets to that.

I get why they do it, they don't want 3 OTs games. Oh well.
I watch quite a few games where a team is just playing keep away, and then think their chances are better in a shootout. The Bruins are or maybe should be one of these teams.

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023

Someone take the fine for saying something, get the boys to pony up and cover the cots and move one.

I think the refs are legitimately the reason we lost last night, we won the 5v5 battle but it's tough to have to win a game where the refs hand a red hot PP 3 bullshit penalties when we're already shorthanded.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
man Pasta REALLY doesn't like Lindgren
What you don't see when you are watching on TV is how much abuse Pasta (and Brad) take every game.

Pasta was pissed off earlier in the game...didn't see why but maybe he took a cheap shot (as usual). He is not (at all) a dirty player but enough is enough.

I wonder where that started from. I can't for the life of me remember or think of anything in particular
They do not show you everything on TV

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022

I think what's going to happen is there will be a SC game with a call so bad that directly loses a team a cup and then you will see change.

Reactions: The Hockey Tonk Man

cat400

Jul 30, 2005
Pastrnak's penalty last night was a Game Misconduct whereas McAvoy's Florida suspension was a Match Penalty.
I hope that Game Misconducts are no more than fine-worthy or no further penalties.

Babajingo

Let's get serious - trade Ullmark, DeBrusk and Grizz for around 12 million $ (?) worth of FORWARDS.

Fix the gap at center and overall goals.

Our goaltending and defense will still be good when healthy.
Definitely agree with Gryz and JDB. Although I don't think you'd get much for them. Maybe get back some future picks? It's supposedly what Sweeny is good at, right?

As for Ullmark, I think they are going to try to milk this tandem method until the end of next year when Ullmark will walk and they can long term sign Swayman.

They missed the boat at center when they signed a bunch of 3/4 liners (Nosek 1.5/yr, Haula 2.5/yr, Foligno 3.5/yr) and Reilly 3/yr - instead of signing Daneault who signed for 5.5/yr. He could've spent two years playing with Bergeron, similar to the way he is playing with Kopitar. Can you imagine having Bergy/Krecji/Daneault as your top 3 centers the past two years? (if they were able to sign David that year off)

It's fun being an armchair GM.

Reactions: Gordoff

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad