Post-Game Talk: GAME #28 - Canucks 1 vs. Wild 3 Part II - "NW Division Chumps"

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
So radio vancouver spends the last week whining as much as possible about how Garrisons not on the PP etc. There you have it.

I think bad luck had something to do with missing the net so much as well.
To me, a major part of the problem lies in the lack of creativity to make something happen on the PP - other than cycle, pass on the outside, and make repeated obvious attempts to get our only PP shots from the point.

John Bender*

I find it funny when people on here get pissed off when other people bash the Canucks and the **** on the Nucks as soon as they lose.

This team is done as a contender. It has essentially been over since January 2012.

If Gillis doesn't do something drastic this team could quite possibly be the 2nd worst Canadian team behind Calgary real quick.

You probably said this in 2011 too.

vdublu

May 20, 2011
This team needs a major shake-up in some way...yet the organization will continue to tinker with our 4 line. Any other team with these expectations, either the coach would have been fired or a major trade would have been done. So frustrating!!!

BrandonL

Jun 18, 2012
At this point, I think it's important that Gillis and AV don't panic.

Just stay patient. Maybe see if we can acquire another 4th line plug on the waiver wire, or perhaps call up another AHL grinder.

Drop the Sopel

May 4, 2007
calgary
Not me.

I was getting *****ed out for saying the core would never again peak as high, and we should take a serious look at just how many first-rounders we could get for parting with our twin Art Ross winners.

Not a popular opinion at the time. :laugh:

Well no ****. The goal in sports is to win.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Luongo saying they should have replayed the tip goal, he said it was a highstick.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Sedin(hank?): we played a solid game, if we play like this every game we gonna win.

**** off

Snatcher Demko

High-End Intangibles
Oct 8, 2006
I hope you're joking. No, they don't have more depth than the 2011 team that had players like Ehrhoff, healthy Manny, Torres, Samuelsson instead of Tanev-Ebbet-Pinnizotto-Wiese-Shroeder.

I meant healthy. And I'm sure we'd be getting similar results if we were healthy. And yes, centre depth was much better that year. Bottom line, as bad as our roster is, we should be a better team than this.

deadinthewater

Jan 14, 2012
I personally think it's too late to turn it around this season and make a run for the Cup (even if we get some upgrades). The coaching will be the same.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
If we are looking to be out of a playoff spot come the deadline (which seems likely) then I think we trade Raymond and Higgins for picks and lu/Cory for future. We need to retool here and get some secondary players to take over our bottom nine. Develop our future without tanking. The tanking talk pisses me off more than any of our losses this year

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
At this point, I think it's important that Gillis and AV don't panic.

Just stay patient. Maybe see if we can acquire another 4th line plug on the waiver wire, or perhaps call up another AHL grinder.

I chuckled over this one.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
No, not at centre. Definitely right on that.

My point (poorly stated) is that it's time for a coaching change. This team looks fragile, disorganized and unwilling to play for their coach.

I'd agree with that. New coach comes in and there is no pressure if everyone assumes the team is done. Gives him 20 games to get stuff sorted for next year.

enuck

Relax and enjoy
Jan 20, 2007
Under a palapa
No, not at centre. Definitely right on that.

My point (poorly stated) is that it's time for a coaching change. This team looks fragile, disorganized and unwilling to play for their coach.

It looks like a team that hasn't played much together. This is what happens when new players are in and out of the line up, switched up, changing pairings etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad