Post-Game Talk: GAME #28 - Canucks 1 vs. Wild 3 Part II - "NW Division Chumps"

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
I know this team has a lot of injuries, but I'm quite sure they would have lost this game if they were healthy as well.

They are just disorganized, unmotivated and rarely getting 2nd and 3rd chances.

They're skating and shooting, but there's no cohesion, no support.

This person knows what he is talking about.

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
The 3rd one where he needed to make a big save. Notice how I didn't say routine save? Any starter in the league makes the saves he should. You get paid more for making the ones you shouldn't.

No goaltender in the league routinely makes big saves on break-aways. Maybe the best of the best will make that 'big save' 40%-50% of the time. That goal was completely on Ballard, there's no way to sugar coat it or deflect the blame to the goalie.

13 others

Apr 18, 2007
I don't understand why people are saying we are over the hill.

We're NOT!

The Sedins are still getting a point a game even though the team is struggling, we still have Burrows at his prime... We still have Hamhuis, Edler who was the core and still at their primes..

Not only that we still have Higgins, Lappiere, Hansen ALL PLAYERs that contributed to that years run.

All this team needs is a SHAKE UP.

I don't feel we're on the decline and I DON'T WANT to be on the decline. We need a new coach who can get this team going...

Let's face it folks you look at Edler and Hamhuis they are struggling... but I know they will get it together. FIRE VIGNEAULT! Trade one of the goalies, whatever you do SHAKE THINGS UP. Everyone is just to complacent right now.

lmfao is this satire?

BoHorvatFan

Dec 13, 2009
Vancouver
It's more the coaching than the personnel. This team has more depth than the 2011 group, on paper anyway, and they should still be better than this, even with the injuries.

Garbage.

We don't play the same style we did in 2011 and the Sedins aren't 100 point dominant players, no transition game. Lots has changed.

Dado

Yeah the hindsight GMing on this board is hilarious. People were red in the face yelling for more toughness, now we're clamoring for the team that was.

Not me.

I was getting *****ed out for saying the core would never again peak as high, and we should take a serious look at just how many first-rounders we could get for parting with our twin Art Ross winners.

Not a popular opinion at the time. :laugh:

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
I find it funny when people on here get pissed off when other people bash the Canucks and the **** on the Nucks as soon as they lose.

This team is done as a contender. It has essentially been over since January 2012.

If Gillis doesn't do something drastic this team could quite possibly be the 2nd worst Canadian team behind Calgary real quick.

enuck

Relax and enjoy
Jan 20, 2007
Under a palapa
I don't disagree with going towards more size and toughness, but if we go in that direction we need to let the guys play big and tough. What makes Boston so good is they goon it up. It's dirty and cheap sure, but it's successful. Kinda like the Broadstreet Bullies in the 70's. We don't play that game.

I agree, what's supposed to be the energy line(s) seem contained and trying too hard to be skilled players. They should crash, bang and get the opponents off their game.

lol poetry :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad