Post-Game Talk: GAME #28 - Canucks 1 vs. Wild 3 Part II - "NW Division Chumps"

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Virtanen2Horvat

BoHorvat53
Nov 29, 2011
Vancouver
zzzzzzzzz we suck now. Get used to it.

Next year I see improvements.

-Full season
-Healthy I hope
-New forwards that can be more effective

I call we win tmrw. Losing is the only way this team will wake up. This summer is a rebuild year. The lockout screwed us over and the Canucks were not aggressive enough.

Feb 28, 2002
Abbotsford, BC
Visit site
I don't understand why people are saying we are over the hill.

We're NOT!

The Sedins are still getting a point a game even though the team is struggling, we still have Burrows at his prime... We still have Hamhuis, Edler who was the core and still at their primes..

Not only that we still have Higgins, Lappiere, Hansen ALL PLAYERs that contributed to that years run.

All this team needs is a SHAKE UP.

I don't feel we're on the decline and I DON'T WANT to be on the decline. We need a new coach who can get this team going...

Let's face it folks you look at Edler and Hamhuis they are struggling... but I know they will get it together. FIRE VIGNEAULT! Trade one of the goalies, whatever you do SHAKE THINGS UP. Everyone is just to complacent right now.

This is exactly what I've been saying and I get roasted for it. You say it and you get a ****ing medal!!

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
Not me.

I was getting *****ed out for saying the core would never again peak as high, and we should take a serious look at just how many first-rounders we could get for parting with our twin Art Ross winners.

Not a popular opinion at the time. :laugh:

I still think it's moronic to trade away the twins.

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
Hopefully we lose the next 2 games if it takes that to shake this garbage up into some material.

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
It's more the coaching than the personnel. This team has more depth than the 2011 group, on paper anyway, and they should still be better than this, even with the injuries.

Garbage.

I hope you're joking. No, they don't have more depth than the 2011 team that had players like Ehrhoff, healthy Manny, Torres, Samuelsson instead of Tanev-Ebbet-Pinnizotto-Wiese-Shroeder.

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
hansen showing some vital signs

sedins did okay

garrison, raymond were trying

luongo tried

ballard was good until he decided he wanted to go back the press box

hamhuis has no offensive IQ

Lapierre is skating on cement

Weise sucks

Ebbett sucks more

Sestito ****ing sucks

y2kcanucks

Better than you
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
I agree, what's supposed to be the energy line(s) seem contained and trying to hard to be skilled players. They should crash, bang and get the opponents off their game.

lol poetry :laugh:

It's like asking a skilled team to goon it up. It just doesn't work.

We had only 5 blocked shots today. Wow. :shakehead

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
On Garrison, yes he has to get his shots on target, but he is also getting some of the worst passes I have ever seen, most are behind him and oftentimes rolling. For him to get that beauty shot we want, he needs a really good pass

deadinthewater

Jan 14, 2012
Not me.

I was getting *****ed out for saying the core would never again peak as high, and we should take a serious look at just how many first-rounders we could get for parting with our twin Art Ross winners.

Not a popular opinion at the time. :laugh:

Still isn't.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
this team isnt simply good enough. injuries+not being able to score. sure they finally score a pp goal. but the team is lost.

y2kcanucks

Better than you
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
hansen showing some vital signs

sedins did okay

garrison, raymond were trying

luongo tried

ballard was good until he decided he wanted to go back the press box

hamhuis has no offensive IQ

Lapierre is skating on cement

Weise sucks

Ebbett sucks more

Sestito ****ing sucks

Eh...disagree with Hamhuis but not by much. Agree with everything else although I'd add that Schroeder had a great game, especially for being saddled with crap wingers.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
I know the Canucks have a bad line-up right now, but they have enough two-way forwards and a good enough defense that they should at least be able to play a solid game and win on the strength of special teams and the Sedins/Burrows ES dominance. But the team's defense is not that great right now, the goaltending is average at best, and the special teams is embarrassing.

Not sure what the answer is at this point. Just ride out the season and adjust, I think. On the plus side, if the team was going to suck, doing it during a shortened season is best for the fans ;)

Agreed. Fully.

No cohesion. No 2nd and 3rd chances. No Dzone play. No special teams. No break out. No special teams. On and on and on...

AV must have 9 lives. He needs to get gone at the end of the year. He has to be out of here.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Hansen is our most untouchable player right now, YANICK ****ING HANSEN

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
Pretty much entirely a coaching loss. Hard to even say much after a game like this. Among many mistakes, wasted a good game from Hansen by leaving Ebbett on that line the whole game.

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
this team isnt simply good enough. injuries+not being able to score. sure they finally score a pp goal. but the team is lost.

Oh please what injuries?

OUR DEFENSE is 100% healthy. Booth and Kassian has been absolutely useless the past 10 games I woudln't call them integral or missed at all.

We're only missing Kesler... and if this team can't get anything going because we're missing Kesler then something needs to change.

NO INJURY EXCUSE! FIRE VIGNEAULT... or FIRE GILLIS!:shakehead

Finkle is Einhorn

Oct 13, 2003
Visit site
Cause for celebration?

For a guy with a vaunted shot he misses a lot. That doesnt help.

I'm just as inclined to cite rust as anything else at this point. The fact remains that the PP barely got a sniff over 30+ opportunities and they scored once Garrison was added. I'll take 3 of 4 shots going wide over 0 of 0.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
Hopefully we lose the next 2 games if it takes that to shake this garbage up into some material.

check hopefully they lose the rest of the games for the duration of the season. no playoffs. fire coach start again next year

13 others

Apr 18, 2007
Don't worry guys we're not over the hill!

We have tremendous depth players like Lappiere Higgins and Weise. Also the Sedins are practically at PPG (same thing as 100 point players). Also Alex Burrows is still in his prime. We have a Jack adams winning coach in Alain Vignault.

Good 2 go. RIP in peace northwest div.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad