Post-Game Talk: GAME #28 - Canucks 1 vs. Wild 3 Part II - "NW Division Chumps"

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

enuck

Relax and enjoy
Jan 20, 2007
Under a palapa
If we are looking to be out of a playoff spot come the deadline (which seems likely) then I think we trade Raymond and Higgins for picks and lu/Cory for future. We need to retool here and get some secondary players to take over our bottom nine. Develop our future without tanking. The tanking talk pisses me off more than any of our losses this year

I don't think we're anymore out of a playoff spot than we're in a playoff spot. This is a season where anything can happen with the standings so close. I will say seeing Kesler with crutches beside him dimmed my hopes a little; he's key to the Canucks success, not many teams can roll one line for long and do well.

Barney Gumble

Jan 2, 2007
How many more lackluster efforts before AV is finally held accountable and fired?

Tick, tick, tick.

I've always said many times, I'm more concerned about the effort than the actual wins or losses. This team doesn't care enough.

Drop the Sopel

May 4, 2007
calgary
Pretty much entirely a coaching loss. Hard to even say much after a game like this. Among many mistakes, wasted a good game from Hansen by leaving Ebbett on that line the whole game.

Entirely a coaching loss when you have 6 players in the bottom 6 without a lick of scoring ability? It's difficult scoring goals in the West at the best of times. Sestito, Weise, Lapierre and Pinizzotto are all offensive blackholes and Schroeder and Ebbett get muscled out of the dangerous areas and are ineffective most nights.

Does putting Keith Ballard back in the lineup count as one of the biggest reasons this was a coahing loss?

The team can't win faceoffs and is terrible up the middle of the ice. This will be a middling club until Kesler returns or Gillis can bring in a bonafide top 9 centre.

opendoor

Dec 12, 2006
Put me down for that course of action too. It's a deep draft.........tank good enough and you might get an incredible asset. Imagine Mackinnon or Drouin up front? Imagine adding a beast like Seth Jones on the blue line?

They could lose pretty much every game they have left and they still wouldn't get low enough for those guys. Florida is on pace for 33 points right now.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
jeff patterson is going nuts about Luongo. (or blake price)

John Bender*

They could lose pretty much every game they have left and they still wouldn't get low enough for those guys. Florida is on pace for 33 points right now.

That sucks. But you never know - shoot for the stars, I say.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Schroeder was one of the few bright spots today. Why would you send him down?

I wouldn't mind seeing Jensen up here though.

I don't want Jensen anywhere near our team right now, he most likely wont be a difference maker and I just want to see him dominate the AHL, no need to rush him. I also don't want our entire ****ing fanbase to turn on him when he doesnt score a goal a game

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
Schroeder was one of the few bright spots today. Why would you send him down?

I wouldn't mind seeing Jensen up here though.

Agreed. What is to be lost? It is time to see what we have in other areas. This team as we know it is done for the year. No way this team makes the playoffs and even if they do there is no way they can compete with the better ones.

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
He's staying no matter what for at least this season I suspect.

If we keep losing and AV is still on the bench then I want Gillis' head on a platter. Gillis needs to be fired if he can't see pass this team struggles..

NEWSFLASH!

The coach is still from the past REGIME!! HEck all your players are from the past regime! You've just added garbage with more garbage Gillis!

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Pretty much entirely a coaching loss. Hard to even say much after a game like this. Among many mistakes, wasted a good game from Hansen by leaving Ebbett on that line the whole game.

Raymond looked absolutely lost on that line. He spent so many shifts attempting to adjust to Ebbett he barely did a thing. Hansen at least managed to stand out more but I'll never understand why Schroeder has to "earn his minutes" while Ebbett gets a few leash.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Gillis doesn't have the balls to cut our loses.

At this point, it seems like Gillis doesn't have the balls to make any moves. The Canucks management team is paralyzed like a deer in front of oncoming headlights.

I don't want to join the pitchfork rabble crowd but this is right. 48 game season with key injuries, a GM can't just ride out the slump and make it up in the back half. Gillis' reluctance to make a move is a lot like Nonis just before Aqualini pulled the plug on Nonis.

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
The crappy personel on lines 2-4 didn't help either, though.

4th line had a pretty good game. Move Schroeder up to the 2nd line and we likely get a goal or two out of that line with how they were playing. Hansen did well despite the play of Ebbett and Schroeder did well despite playing with guys with no hands. Ebbett probably would've been more at home on the 3rd line that doesn't play as much of an up-tempo game.

BoHorvatFan

Dec 13, 2009
Vancouver
Gillis doesn't have the balls to cut our loses.

At this point, it seems like Gillis doesn't have the balls to make any moves. The Canucks management team is paralyzed like a deer in front of oncoming headlights.

Remember when everything was great for Gillis, being given awards and praise because of the strong play, goaltending and coaching of guys that were already here when he took the job. I bet his misses those days, turns out he's a lot better at accepting praise than actually going out and putting together his own team.

It's been 5 years and we still don't know if our GM can make an actual trade that isn't a give away or with the Panthers. And I don't see many young players on the way. He may have been a fraud all along, coasting off the hard work of prior management. Happens all the time in business and leads to companies getting messed up.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Call up jensen, give him a two week look. Send down weise and go for a more offensive line up.

WHY THE **** NOT

Carl Carlson

Jan 7, 2009
I'm not mad I'm just disappointed in the effort level the team has show recently. A shake up of some sorts is needed.

John Bender*

4th line had a pretty good game. Move Schroeder up to the 2nd line and we likely get a goal or two out of that line with how they were playing. Hansen did well despite the play of Ebbett and Schroeder did well despite playing with guys with no hands. Ebbett probably would've been more at home on the 3rd line that doesn't play as much of an up-tempo game.

When the solution is putting Schroeder on the 2nd line to generate offense, you know we are in dire crisis.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland

this, we are gonna be a fringe team 7-10 spot no matter how bad we play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad