GDT: GAME 24: WINGS @ HABS | Back in the saddle? | Sat., Dec. 2nd, 2023, 7:00 PM ET -- CBC, TVAS, CITY, TSN690, 98.5FM

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Will Josh Anderson score his first goal of the season tonight?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
c77a0598-f628-44ac-9d04-20c74a890b5e_text.gif
When can we expect the first report? Before or after the catch.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Pearson-Evans-Slafkovsky

f*** you MSL. f***ing clown. Go back to peewee looser.
Waste of a season if this lasts

MSL's only job this year is too give Slaf top 6 minutes with decent player , literally his only job ,He doesn't even have to win games lol all the other forwards on the team are completely irrelevant with Dach and Newhook out lmao.

MSL doesn't even have to win , his only worth to the club is the development of our forwards, does he not understand that?

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I hope Caufield and Suzuki play like they want to stay together because scoring looks like it will be at a premium going forward.

Reactions: Runner77

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Waste of a season if this lasts

MSL's only job this year is too give Slaf top 6 minutes with decent player , literally his only job ,He doesn't even have to win games lol all the other forwards on the team are completely irrelevant with Dach and Newhook out lmao.

MSL doesn't even have to win , his sole worth to the club is the development of our forwards, does he not understand that?
How many time do Hughes, MSL (and myself) have to say it: they are developing Anderson. This season isn't about Slaf, it's about Anderson. Just like last season wasn't about Slaf, it was about Dadonov, Hoffman and Drouin.

And I totally expected Anderson to get promoted after the last game where everyone praised him. But I expect Slaf/Dvorak/Anderson, looks like MSL decided to not try Slaf/Anderson again. Which is a good thing.

Now Slaf with Evans, well it was that or have Monahan there. I guess someone got his "veteran privilege" card out.

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
So Anderson, Gallagher, Monahan and Dvorak have been awful for at least the last 10 games and in Andersons case, all yr and MSL idea is to put them all in the top 6?

Pearson has been non existent for dont know how long now and Ylonen cant move up let alone play 7 minutes a night

Another just wasted yr. Least Guhle still gets ice time

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
So Anderson, Gallagher, Monahan and Dvorak have been awful for at least the last 10 games and in Andersons case, all yr and MSL idea is to put them all in the top 6?

Pearson has been non existent for dont know how long now and Ylonen cant move up let alone play 7 minutes a night

Just tells me that MSL is FOS when it comes to developing young players. Ylonen doesn't belong on the 4th line. This is becoming the most frustrating season in recent memory.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Just tells me that MSL is FOS when it comes to developing young players. Ylonen doesn't belong on the 4th line. This is becoming the most frustrating season in recent memory.
Marty definitely has blinders when it comes to deployment. The fact that our PP is worse than ever with no adjustment in the KEY areas says much. He has his favorites like every coach but his refusal to rework a sinking ship is questionable at best.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Two evenly matched teams. Should be a good hockey game. Though with all the injuries, we may not be able to compete. Wouldn't mind a loss for the tank.

Looking forward to seeing Monahan with Cole and Suzie.

Disappointed to see Ylonen still on the 4th line. But it is the way MSL operates. Last year it was Slaf. But this year Slaf has gotten his shot in the top 9, even the top 6. I can't wait until Pearson is traded (like last year I couldn't wait for Dadonov to be moved).

Anyone know why MSL has Matheson with Lindstrom and not Barron? That pair seems like a disaster on paper.

Reactions: Runner77 and Habs

Habs

I've almost had enough of you kids
Feb 28, 2002
which of the remaining woke smurf Rudy Ruettigers' gets injured tonight?

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Marty definitely has blinders when it comes to deployment. The fact that our PP is worse than ever with no adjustment in the KEY areas says much. He has his favorites like every coach but his refusal to rework a sinking ship is questionable at best.
This season, the only two young players whose ice time I can complain about are Ylonen and RHP. And RHP got some good looks in the top 9.

Slaf, Barron, Strubble, have gotten good ice time. Remember it was MSL that put Caufield with Suzuki, and then Dach with them.

Evans plays with fast players. I would have loved to have seen Ylonen with them. Hopefully sooner than later Ylonen earns MSL's trust. It's a blind spot right now. Hopefully also, Hughes stops adding vets like Pearson to the lineup. Because we know MSL will use them over the young players. Armia is another problem vet.

Reactions: Runner77

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
Lmfao Slaf on the third? Literally zero reason to watch tonight. Too bad I was gonna tune in.

For the first time this season marty is in my doghouse, 2026-2027 can't come quick enough
Guys this is how you tank . No need to fire the best bullets .

It falls in the not worth watching category for me. Laughable lines.

Till trade deadline we will get that. We are tanking . Slaf will get his minutes i have no issue and actually with how bad that second line been i can argue it’s the third and not the second

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Invisible for a number of games now. Concerns about his skating getting raised again. He definitely needs to be more involved in the play. Heineman caught my eye more than Roy did and he's just back and rusty.
Skating and motor were my concerns all along with Roy. He had a good camp, but needs to get back at the good habits and offer more consistent efforts.

Last edited:

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Slaf demoted. lol

I probably would have gone:

Caufield Suzuki Monahan
Gallagher Dvo Slaf/Anderson
Ylonen Evans Anderson/Slaf
Pearson Stephens Armia

We always talk about needing goal scorers. But man does that middle six ever need a play driver or a play maker. I'd like to get another Dach before another goal scorer.

Reactions: MarkJ and L4br3cqu3

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Guys this is how you tank . No need to fire the best bullets .

Till trade deadline we will get that. We are tanking . Slaf will get his minutes i have no issue and actually with how bad that second line been i can argue it’s the third and not the second
I disagree. You tank developing your kids and placing them in good conditions. They are obviously showcasing some underperforming vets and Molson shouldnt be surprised if the building is half empty soon enough.

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
Just a thought, could be completely off base here. What if MsL was basically given direction to try to give opportunity to Gallagher and Anderson to boost their trade value this year seeing that they're the only long teams contracts left on the team from undesirables

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Just a thought, could be completely off base here. What if MsL was basically given direction to try to give opportunity to Gallagher and Anderson to boost their trade value this year seeing that they're the only long teams contracts left on the team from undesirables
I could understand the strategy but folks on a Saturday night who have somewhat embraced the rebuild want to see the young players playing and not a bunch of vets who have nothing to offer.

Reactions: Rapala and jrom

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
~Hey Donkey you so fine you so fine you blow my mind hey donkey hey donkey~

You can do it Josh Anderson ~~~

IMG_20231202_104421.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad