GDT: GAME 24: WINGS @ HABS | Back in the saddle? | Sat., Dec. 2nd, 2023, 7:00 PM ET -- CBC, TVAS, CITY, TSN690, 98.5FM

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Will Josh Anderson score his first goal of the season tonight?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
He hasn’t even done anything recently to merit a call up.
Being PPG in the AHL maybe?
I know he has cooled down a bit from his torrid pace the first few games but he is the best Rockets player and our best prospect. Time to give him a real chance.

I don't care about Mitchell Stephens being in the lineup or not.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
So just found out that Flames trades Zodorov for practically peanutes to Canucks. Could Habs not use a big physical defensemen as an upgrade on say Harris? Or are we saving that 3rd round pick to draft an star forward?

red devil

Oct 14, 2004
So just found out that Flames trades Zodorov for practically peanutes to Canucks. Could Habs not use a big physical defensemen as an upgrade on say Harris? Or are we saving that 3rd round pick to draft an star forward?
Zadarov is a ufa and some team will over pay for his services at the end of the year. He is a left dman the Habs already have Matheson, Guhle and Struble right now and Xhekaj when he comes back.

Reactions: Boss Man Hughes

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Being PPG in the AHL maybe?
I know he has cooled down a bit from his torrid pace the first few games but he is the best Rockets player and our best prospect. Time to give him a real chance.

I don't care about Mitchell Stephens being in the lineup or not.
You don’t call someone up after going pointless in 5 games. You don’t get him out of a slump by putting him in a league that’s 3x more difficult.

Plus you have Ylonen just sitting there waiting for PP time. He deserves a shot before Roy.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Habs coming off a 5-1 trouncing at the hands of the Florida Panthers on their return home from a 4-game road trip this week.

They were on a second game of a back to back and facing a top team so expectations were held in check.

They threw Optimus Prime Primeau to the wolves in that game, however, the wheels completely came off in the 3rd period and his net suddenly didn't look like a fortress anymore.

9IdeVEy.png

Adding another layer of bad news to that game was the apparent long-term loss of Alex Newhook who suffered a leg injury by crashing into a goal post. Habs have called up Mitchell Stephens.

Really unfortunate, as Newhook's game had been gaining momentum. We're hearing that he'll be rehabbing on his boat in St. John's and that he'll have @sheed36 on board to monitor his progress.

r4KUrwP.gif

Also, the power play has not scored in the last 8 games, so once again, there will be calls for someone to get fired in this GDT.

On the brighter side, the Powerhorse looks to have recovered in part from what has been a horrendous season for him. He came out of the Florida game with 5 hits, capped by a furious pugilistic display where he whaled at an opponent with reckless abandon.

g1PINkj.jpg

He didn't score but his aggressive demeanor prompted MSL to say after the game, that Anderson was back.

Back in the saddle? Not until he gets that monkey off his back and scores. May just happen any time now.

2YZ9vqc.gif

Fitting right in and not skipping a beat, is Jayden Struble. He's entering his 6th game as an NHLer and you can't tell he's just a rookie. Too bad he plays the left side, where the Habs have an overabundance of D.

Right now, the Greek God looks confident and has a great sense of awareness when it comes to game situations and positions himself accordingly. He is definitely making a case to stay on.

pCELwva.png

Gonna be interesting to find out what happens with Struble when Jackeye returns. The latter has resumed skating.

o7SB1Se.jpg

Also on the positive end is Monty getting re-upped for a 3-year deal at what looks like a reasonable cap hit. There are no restrictive clauses in the contract, which allows Hughes flexibility should he need to be moved at some point.

Monty may or may not look like Kelly Clarkson but he's definitely inching his way into her multimillionaire stratosphere. Well-deserved.

Ss6HASc.png

LINEUPS TBA

XKOuiml.gif

c77a0598-f628-44ac-9d04-20c74a890b5e_text.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Rapala and Runner77

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
lol at Slaf playing with Evans and Pearson, but I like the top line. Need to get those 3 going again. The 4th line should be decent too I hope they get a regular shift.

Not swapping Gallagher/Anderson and Slafkovsky is almost mind-boggling though

Caufield-Suzuki-Monahan
Gallagher-Dvorak-Anderson
Pearson-Evans-Slafkovsky
Ylonen-Stephens-Armia

Reactions: Pomee

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
This only helps the rebuild. The only goalie I trust plays every 3 games and it's not Allen or Primeau

I think HuGo may try to give Primeau a test or two more. If he crashes and burns then maybe they'll risk passing him through waivers.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Slaf demoted. lol

That 2nd line will be awful. Zero playmakers. Anderson needs to play with someone who can pass the puck. He's played well with Monahan, Dach & RHP all of whom are pretty natural playmakers.

I would try Ylonen with Dvorak & Anderson.

Gallagher can play with Evans & Slafkovsky, I guess.

Pearson should be on 4th line. I'm ok with Monahan moving to wing. He's been shit at center for weeks now.

Reactions: MarkJ and Runner77

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
Man what depressing lines that is. Anderson and Gallagher top 6 while Ylonen and Slafkovsky bottom 6. Man if you are going to lose, lose while giving players with potential opportunities not two bums.
It’s what Slaf gets for being one of the best player on the team for 7-8 games.

Go kid, build that chemistry and confidence playing with Caufield and connecting with him but when you do we’ll suddenly play you with Evans and Pearson!

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
Habs coming off a 5-1 trouncing at the hands of the Florida Panthers on their return home from a 4-game road trip this week.

They were on a second game of a back to back and facing a top team so expectations were held in check.

They threw Optimus Prime Primeau to the wolves in that game, however, the wheels completely came off in the 3rd period and his net suddenly didn't look like a fortress anymore.

9IdeVEy.png

Adding another layer of bad news to that game is the long-term loss of Alex Newhook (projected absence of 8-10 weeks) who suffered a high ankle strain by crashing into a goal post. Habs have called up Mitchell Stephens.

Really unfortunate, as Newhook's game had been gaining momentum. We're hearing that he'll be rehabbing on his boat in St. John's and that he'll have @sheed36 on board to monitor his progress.

r4KUrwP.gif

Also, the power play has not scored in the last 8 games, so once again, there will be calls for someone to get fired in this GDT.

On the brighter side, the Powerhorse looks to have recovered in part from what has been a horrendous season for him. He came out of the Florida game with 5 hits, capped by a furious pugilistic display where he whaled at an opponent with reckless abandon.

g1PINkj.jpg

He didn't score but his aggressive demeanor prompted MSL to say after the game, that Anderson was back.

Back in the saddle? Not until he gets that monkey off his back and scores. May just happen any time now.

2YZ9vqc.gif

Fitting right in and not skipping a beat, is Jayden Struble. He's entering his 6th game as an NHLer and you can't tell he's just a rookie. Too bad he plays the left side, where the Habs have an overabundance of D.

Right now, the Greek God looks confident and has a great sense of awareness when it comes to game situations and positions himself accordingly. He is definitely making a case to stay on.

pCELwva.png

Gonna be interesting to find out what happens with Struble when Jackeye returns. The latter has resumed skating.

o7SB1Se.jpg

Also on the positive end is Monty getting re-upped for a 3-year deal at what looks like a reasonable cap hit. There are no restrictive clauses in the contract, which allows Hughes flexibility should he need to be moved at some point.

Monty may or may not look like Kelly Clarkson but he's definitely inching his way into her multimillionaire stratosphere. Well-deserved.

Ss6HASc.png

LINEUPS TBA

XKOuiml.gif
Excellent as usual

Another easy win, Yzerfraud and his band of losers.
Wings are 3rd goals per game nhl.

• Love
Reactions: Runner77

Habit11

Dec 18, 2009

Go kid, build that chemistry and confidence playing with Caufield and connecting with him but when you do we’ll suddenly play you with Evans and Pearson!
People talk about the kid needing to grow his confidence and if I am him today seeing myself relegated to what is in actuality a 4th or 5th line on a real team after the stretch of games he had, I'm certainly wondering why?

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
lol at Slaf playing with Evans and Pearson, but I like the top line. Need to get those 3 going again. The 4th line should be decent too I hope they get a regular shift.

Not swapping Gallagher/Anderson and Slafkovsky is almost mind-boggling though

Caufield-Suzuki-Monahan
Gallagher-Dvorak-Anderson
Pearson-Evans-Slafkovsky
Ylonen-Stephens-Armia
God what a terrible lineup. How did they get here? Bottom 3 finish please.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
The more I read this thread the more depressed I get about these lines. Habs will never have a good coach. It’s a curse.

You might as well send Slaf to AHL. Talent wise his linemates are that.

Reactions: Pomee and Runner77

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021

Go kid, build that chemistry and confidence playing with Caufield and connecting with him but when you do we’ll play you with Evans and Pearson!
Evans has been used as a shutdown center the entire season (38 ozone faceoffs vs 115 dzone ones). I doubt that is changing tonight. So this demotion is actually a promotion to the Dzone squad for Slaf.

Pearson/Slaf have shown some chemistry that one game they played together and Evans can cycle so Slaf's game might not be that disturbed.

I actually think Slaf can play with anyone not named Josh Anderson. The real problem is probably that he's going to get a drop in TOI...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad