GDT: GAME 24: WINGS @ HABS | Back in the saddle? | Sat., Dec. 2nd, 2023, 7:00 PM ET -- CBC, TVAS, CITY, TSN690, 98.5FM

Will Josh Anderson score his first goal of the season tonight?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
My frustration is more with watching useless vets not bringing anything and not being called out while young players are mired on bottom lines.
Our top goal scorer has 7 goals and Bedard just scored his 11th. We can't be this bad can we?

I agree. I feel Guhle is only one who has really improved and well, only one getting a consistent role as well

Slaf bounces around despite i think has improved but needs reps with talent. His season really started to turn when him and Caufield started to build a bit of chemistry.

Now we are back to force feeding Gally and Anderson

The proclamation of numbnuts St Louis "Josh is back" after his first fight in a long time and a few hits says it all.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I agree. I feel Guhle is only one who has really improved and well, only one getting a consistent role as well

Slaf bounces around despite i think has improved but needs reps with talent. His season really started to turn when him and Caufield started to build a bit of chemistry.

Now we are back to force feeding Gally and Anderson

The proclamation of numbnuts St Louis "Josh is back" after his first fight in a long time and a few hits says it all.
MSL sounded like a complete idiot with that comment about Anderson being back. We are being sold a bag of shit from this organization.

Caufield has chemistry with Slaf, looks very promising so that of course has to stop.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Get him going? Even if he scores he’ll just have 1 goal in 25 games. Nothing is getting him going. He won’t be going on some torrid McDavid-like pace.

We are spending $5.5m per year on a guy that draws penalties of which he contributes negative value on the PP.
Then how did he score at a pace of 32 goals and 55 points per 82 games after RHP was called up last year?

Why has he scored at a pace of over 20 goals per 82 games in each of the first 3 seasons he was here before this year?

I'm referring to the PP for the most part. Ylonen is a head scratcher but RHP was given plenty of rope and didn't produce when he was healthy. That's not on Marty.
RHP got some good opportunities. But I'd still like to see him get more. He only played so many games this year.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
I disagree. You tank developing your kids and placing them in good conditions. They are obviously showcasing some underperforming vets and Molson shouldnt be surprised if the building is half empty soon enough.

Yeah, line 2 is definitely the "showcase" line, or the please take these players off our hands, so we can build a real team line.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Then how did he score at a pace of 32 goals and 55 points per 82 games after RHP was called up last year?

Why has he scored at a pace of over 20 goals per 82 games in each of the first 3 seasons he was here before this year?
20 goals is pathetic at that price tag with that much opportunity.

And note that you mention pace since he always gets hurt and is never actually able to get to 20 goals (only once with the Habs)

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
There are a couple of changes I would make to the roster.

But we have to get Anderson going. If Anderson doesn't contribute, he's not getting traded and is wasting space on the roster. If he does start contributing, he's either a valuable piece of the puzzle or a tradeable asset.

We absolutely cannot get stuck with 12M in cap space to Anderson and Gallgher not contributing anything over the next 4 years.

That's actually part of the rebuild/tank situation.
We need to get rid of our bad contract in order to rebuild this team.

Still trying to clean Bergevin's mess.
Dvorak, Anderson, Gallagher and Armia, that's roughly $20 millions on the Cap for at least this year and the next one. With the season going down the drain.....have to try

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
That's actually part of the rebuild/tank situation.
We need to get rid of our bad contract in order to rebuild this team.

Still trying to clean Bergevin's mess.
Dvorak, Anderson, Gallagher and Armia, that's roughly $20 millions on the Cap for at least this year and the next one. With the season going down the drain.....have to try
With most teams tight against the cap it will be a tall order to get rid of our garbage.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Habs haven’t scored on PP for 8 games now. How are they only 23rd?! Like there are 8 whole teams worse than them. Perhaps one of them could use Alex Burrows.

Also can someone who knows hockey better than me explain how it makes sense to mix and match PP lines with player that don’t play with each other rest of the game?

And when are we going to see Yoel on PP1?

Reactions: habsfan891

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
MSL sounded like a complete idiot with that comment about Anderson being back. We are being sold a bag of shit from this organization.
In more ways than one.

Have you seen what Geoff's marketing team is doing with Youppi at games? This is straight out of the Habs' official NHL site:

8814ws.jpg

What is "Fur on demand", you might ask?

Well ...

Get a hand (paw?) from Youppi! to celebrate a special moment during a Habs game! Add the Fur on Demand upgrade to a Canadiens ticket to book a personalized in-game appearance, plus a gift delivery worth over $75, from the famous orange mascot for yourself or a loved one for $195 tx incl.

THIS PACKAGE INCLUDES

A brief but special in-seat visit from Youppi! during a Canadiens game personalized to one (1) fan, plus one (1) Youppi!-themed swag bag valued over $75. Youppi! will arrive armed with confetti and a sign customized for your occasion, making for a whirlwind experience – and a photo op – to remember.

Youppi has become a prop for rich families. I remember when Youppi used to spend time with fans at the Olympic Stadium and never once were they charged.

Yeah right, swag worth $75, included? Worth $75 according to who? Try re-selling it after you get it.

Fur on demand? They might as well have called it what it is, using a nice Frenglitch pitch, like Fourré on demand. There is no limit to the greediness of Gouging Geoff.

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
Just a thought, could be completely off base here. What if MsL was basically given direction to try to give opportunity to Gallagher and Anderson to boost their trade value this year seeing that they're the only long teams contracts left on the team from undesirables
Everyone they try and showcase either goes scoreless or gives goals on beachballs it seems. I think MSL just has a Josh fetish. The Dadonov Drouin Hoffman showcasing again.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
When can we expect the first report? Before or after the catch.
Unfortunately Geoff and Habs management won't allow me to report any Habs related injury news but I'll give a little update just this one time. :)

The S.S. YES B'Y is currently tied up in St John's harbour for the next 3 months or so. Alex is very disappointed that he's gonna miss at least 10-12 weeks with his high ankle sprain but he seems to be in pretty good spirits and said he'll be back as soon as he can.

After the news broke that Alex would miss 10-12 weeks the local CBC News came aboard to interview him and while they were filming Mr. Cole (formally of CBC HNIC) and his buddy (along with his pet sculpin :) ) dropped by and came aboard for a little visit which was a very nice surprise.

This is Sheed reporting from St. John's harbour aboard the S.S. YES B'Y.. Over and out b'ys. :)

Here's a screenshot from the CBC News report that aired with Alex, Bob, and Bob's buddy. :)

AN.jpg

Seriously though this news really sucks for Alex and the Habs. Get well soon Alex b'y.

zx81

Aug 2, 2005
Third game in 4 days.
Allen in net (the guy has lost his last 5).
If I was a gambler I would bet everything on an Habs loss.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

zx81

Aug 2, 2005
Seriously, it was the perfect timing to come back with Monty tonight after he just signed a new contract.

It's one thing to have a menage a trois but it's another to give each goalie 33% of the games.

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
There are a couple of changes I would make to the roster.

But we have to get Anderson going. If Anderson doesn't contribute, he's not getting traded and is wasting space on the roster. If he does start contributing, he's either a valuable piece of the puzzle or a tradeable asset.

We absolutely cannot get stuck with 12M in cap space to Anderson and Gallgher not contributing anything over the next 4 years.
Ship has sailed, should have traded last year. No point in trying to pump his value at this point, just focus on developing Slaf and Ylonen and any other youth imo.

I need to defend MSL here. A good power play QB needs to be able to shoot and distribute the pass. Then you need shooters and finishers. Montreal is very low on shooters. PKs know that Caufield will be the usual shooter. If you then substitute another guy that shoots with Slaf, it worsens the problem. Pk instructions are easy, little winger always shoots, big winger never shoots, only telegraphs slapshot fakes. MSL wants to win first.
Ya but Anderson isn't a sniper either and they don't even use him in front of the net, and we all know he is a terrible passer. He has no business on pp1...but whatevs, I'm down for another tank year anyway

Reactions: Runner77
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad