GDT: GAME 24: WINGS @ HABS | Back in the saddle? | Sat., Dec. 2nd, 2023, 7:00 PM ET -- CBC, TVAS, CITY, TSN690, 98.5FM

Will Josh Anderson score his first goal of the season tonight?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

HabSgt

Go Habs D'OH
Oct 19, 2019
Montreal
Another game another injury. Who will be placed in sick bay tonight?

Also yikes so the honeymoon is over with MSL here huh?

Red Wings are decent this year so I am just hoping for a good game.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Ship has sailed, should have traded last year. No point in trying to pump his value at this point, just focus on developing Slaf and Ylonen and any other youth imo.

Ya but Anderson isn't a sniper either and they don't even use him in front of the net, and we all know he is a terrible passer. He has no business on pp1...but whatevs, I'm down for another tank year anyway

Anderson has had 3 straight seasons with us scoring 20+ goals per 82 games. It's the 22 games this season that's the small sample size.

That's actually part of the rebuild/tank situation.
We need to get rid of our bad contract in order to rebuild this team.

Still trying to clean Bergevin's mess.
Dvorak, Anderson, Gallagher and Armia, that's roughly $20 millions on the Cap for at least this year and the next one. With the season going down the drain.....have to try
And you can add Alken, even though that was Hughes's error.

We can live with Allen, Armia, and Dvo on 5he books for another year after this one. It's Anderson and Gally for 4 years that hurts.

Gotta get Anderson back to the 20 goal scorer he was. Is he driving to the net less after his ankle injury?

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
Anderson has had 3 straight seasons with us scoring 20+ goals per 82 games. It's the 22 games this season that's the small sample size.
I'm not saying he's Gomez...but we missed the window to get real value back imo so just ride out his contract at this point. I'm sure he will still end up with 10-15 goals but it shouldn't be at expense of players like Slaf who are on the rise.

Reactions: jrom and 26Mats

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I'm not saying he's Gomez...but we missed the window to get real value back imo so just ride out his contract at this point. I'm sure he will still end up with 10-15 goals but it shouldn't be at expense of players like Slaf who are on the rise.

20 goals is pathetic at that price tag with that much opportunity.

And note that you mention pace since he always gets hurt and is never actually able to get to 20 goals (only once with the Habs)

To me it's simple: play him with RHP, or Gallagher until RHP is back, on the 3rd line. That is putting him in a good position to succeed, without taking away opportunities from others. If Ylonen can emerge as a better option than Gallagher, all the better.

Then, if succeeds enough to get his contract up from untradeable level, great, trade him. If not, well he's an overpaid 3rd liner. But he's still probably a useful 3rd liner, given we have a small team and he brings size without decreasing team speed, but rather increasing it.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Yeah, line 2 is definitely the "showcase" line, or the please take these players off our hands, so we can build a real team line.
1701561395004.jpeg

OUR SHOWCASE LOOKS LIKE THIS.

jrom

Mar 28, 2022

That’s the thing, it’s not like Habs are good at turning late 1st in impact NHL players and at one point we’re gonna have to stop taking on meh players as cap dumps that MSL then feels “need” to play because they’re good vets.

I’m to the point where I think using cap space to get rid of some of those guys (Anderson, Armia, Gallagher) will probably better then using that money to sign new players, because the team will improve more.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Showtime baby!

I can't wait to see these lines in action. Marty says things will be better. I can't wait.

Caroline Cameron has very meaty hands, btw.

• Love
Reactions: HabSgt

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Habs haven’t scored on PP for 8 games now. How are they only 23rd?! Like there are 8 whole teams worse than them. Perhaps one of them could use Alex Burrows.

Also can someone who knows hockey better than me explain how it makes sense to mix and match PP lines with player that don’t play with each other rest of the game?

And when are we going to see Yoel on PP1?

I think they were hovering around 10th at one point, so it's still a pretty large drop.

HabSgt

Go Habs D'OH
Oct 19, 2019
Montreal
It would be great.
But whether we lose 10-0 or 2-1 or 5-4, a loss is a loss and a step closer to a great prospect from the draft. And a win is a win, and great for the players and coach.
This is my attitude with this team at this time. :thumbu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad