Post-Game Talk: GAME 2 - BRUINS 3 Nashville 2 - We're on to California

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Donny has assembled a nice blend of vets and young players with this team solid at the back end and elite goaltending. Had a great bargain basement free agent summer and here we are . I see a top 3 finish easily now and get those playoff tickets ready. Bruins will be a factor when it all starts. Exciting times. Thank you Donny!

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
I mean it’s been discussed in previous seasons here. “The Coyle effect” if you will. 5 on 5 production for a lot of his line mates sort of dissipates. Seems to take certain players to see success with him. And matchups. This was my big concern with him playing in the top 6.

We’re only two games in but I still would like to see him and Potsy swap for some games during this 10 game trial period. Let Coyle play with Freddy and Geekie and shutdown top lines while occasionally contributing. Marchy-Potsy-JDB get some favorable matchups/offensive zone starts.
:huh:
Didn't Ralph Malph have his best year as a bruin with Coyle?
Didn't Hall have pretty darn good season or 2 with Coyle?
Didn't Coyle have a pretty good year last year ... including monster in playoffs?

Not sure what folk are watching but that Coyle last night was pretty friggin good. He's so strong with the puck! He's creating opportunities. Last night the dude was instrumental in killing off key penalties. Hardly a game to judge him for offensive production however as key defensive responsibilities he was very much instrumental in the win last night.

Patient and fearless. He’s first on pucks with 220lb defensemen on his back, and then makes a great pass like it’s nothing. Impressive.
He has eyes behind his back...he had some beauties behind the net last night.

Last edited:

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Didn't Hall have pretty darn good last year with Coyle?
Didn't Coyle have a pretty good year last year ... including monster in playoffs?

Not sure what folk are watching but that Coyle last night was pretty friggin good. He's so strong with the puck! He's creating opportunities. Last night the dude was instrumental in killing off key penalties. Hardly a game to judge him for offensive production however as key defensive responsibilities he was very much instrumental in the win last night.

Blinded by the Light!

You’re totally spinning my post out of context with this reply..

hrdpuk

Fossa
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
Kentucky
Didn't Hall have pretty darn good last year with Coyle?

Blinded by the Light!

Coyle was right there when a Pred tried to go after Marchand. He's tough

Last edited:

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
NESN viewers were lucky to have sound from the Garden and not an audio feed from a mad fisherman episode tonight.
During the whole game there were times that the picture was pixelated and tough to watch. We even lost the signal here and there for several seconds. It doesn't happen on other stations so I guess stop buying the garden house rats pizza so that they'll stop "eating the cables."

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
It’s also mid October last week of February with Bruins sitting 44-8-5 they added Orlov Bert & Hathaway

They are interesting and solid right now
Yea not saying they are not but if you could rob young talent now from a position of strength I think you have to at least explore it.Again long way to go so no hurry but I read more then once Edm has reached out to Bruins.

Number6

Mar 14, 2003
Visit site
Everybody loves some Pasta! Must be an amazing feeling to see thousands of people on their feet cheering for you.

1697388930973.jpeg

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
BTW Nashville is a good team. It was a good win against a talented team/excellent goaltender.

What's up with 29 year old Sissons? Has 3 goals on the season and looked dangerous out there.

More like Preds are a mediocre team with an elite goaltender.

Sissons always been a goal scorer, for a defenseman. Had 12 last season, 15 in 2018-19.

He's a shooter, not a playmaker.

Reactions: DKH

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
More like Preds are a mediocre team with an elite goaltender.

Sissons always been a goal scorer, for a defenseman. Had 12 last season, 15 in 2018-19.

He's a shooter, not a playmaker.
I remember him with Kelowna and he never played Defense their either.I agree with you about goalie is their backbone though kind of like Bruins.

Reactions: Gordoff

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
During the whole game there were times that the picture was pixelated and tough to watch. We even lost the signal here and there for several seconds. It doesn't happen on other stations so I guess stop buying the garden house rats pizza so that they'll stop "eating the cables."
For most of the first period that happened for me…

I have Xfinity and live in Mass.

was wondering if others had the same issue.

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Yea not saying they are not but if you could rob young talent now from a position of strength I think you have to at least explore it.Again long way to go so no hurry but I read more then once Edm has reached out to Bruins.
I just want the Bruins to make the playoffs and then we shall see . In my opinion the Bruins will need good goaltending every game in order to make the playoffs. So I’m keeping Swayman . I can understand your viewpoint also . It seems kind of redundant to have Swayman sitting on the bench if Ullmark happens to be the guy in the playoffs.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
I just want the Bruins to make the playoffs and then we shall see . In my opinion the Bruins will need good goaltending every game in order to make the playoffs. So I’m keeping Swayman . I can understand your viewpoint also . It seems kind of redundant to have Swayman sitting on the bench if Ullmark happens to be the guy in the playoffs.
This is just hypothetical talk spitballing if you say... It's not Swayman I'd move its Ullmark.I think that kid in AHL is real deal so it's a position of strength.They have no 1st rd pick unless they pick top 10 in which case then they can switch it to 2025 pick They have no 2nd or 3rd either .And by the way far as Ullmark goes in playoffs I am not worried about that part.I just view this as a potential opportunity to gather good young talent .Bourgault ,MacLeod and a 2nd would be sweet.

Last edited:

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
I don't think Poitras issue is size related. I think Mtg will watch his compete level between now and G9. If it remains at this level they will keep him. There are several players significantly smaller than #51, like DeBrincat and Caufield.
Like any young player, he'll need to put on some muscle, like Pasta did.

According to NHL:
Matt Poitras: 5'11" 180 lbs
Marc Savard: 5'10" 191 lbs

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
If Poitras is this good, right now, a week into the first season of his career, I can't imagine how great he's going to be a few years down the road. Just such an impressive kid. He has awareness, he anticipates, takes abuse and pops up like a Wack-A-Mole. He doesn't lose his composure and gets right back at it.
I'm not sure how much if anything he'd get from going down after the 9 games. He's handled it all with such aplomb. There's nobody else with what he brings to the Center position, this team needs him, and that's an understatement.

Last edited:

bruins19

Aug 11, 2005
If Poitras is this good, right now, a week into the first season of his career, I can't imagine how great he's going to be a few years down the road. Just such an impressive kid. He has awareness, he anticipates, takes abuse and pops up like a Wack-A-Mole. He doesn't lose his composure and gets right back at it.
I'm not sure how much if anything he'd get from going down after the 9 games. He's handled it all with such aplomb. This team needs him, and that's an understatement.
If the next 7 games are anything like the last two, I see no point in sending him back to juniors. Keep him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad