G Laurent Brossoit (2011, 164th, CGY; traded to EDM)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BrodieGoat

May 24, 2012
lol. Are you seriously bumping a post of mine from almost a year ago? You know, when Leach was looking to at least be a serviceable bottom pairing d-man, or when Ramage would be more of a need for Flames before Wotherspoon took a good leap in development. Good stuff.

Feaster said Ramage still has to earn his contract there really high on him and they even said he had the best camp a year a go by the time Babchuk, Sarich, Smith are gone he will be in.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Maybe we have a different definition of mentally weak. When Brossoit is on his game he is fantastic. He will have games where he lets in a softie and has a rough night. You can say this is common in young goaltenders but this doesn't mean he is free from criticism from it. Elite goalies have the ability to shake off a bad goal, I question this about Brossoit.

Thats inconsistency, not mental weakness.

EDIT: As pointed out above.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
Credit to Highlifeman for the info:

Overall Season Stats:
24 Wins
6 Losses
5 OT/SOL
0.924 Save %
2.13 GAA
3 Shutouts

Since WJ Evaluation Camp:
12 Wins
2 Losses
0 OT/SOL
0.955 Save %
1.22 GAA
3 Shutouts

Brossoit had another shutout last night.

GetThePuckOut

Mar 8, 2010
Calgary
I wonder if he's somewhat a product of his system. His backup goalie has the best GAA in the WHL, and has two more SO than Brossoit in 16 less games. He's the third best NA goalie ranked by CS.

Either Edmonton has two great goalies, or their defensive system is helping them out a bit.

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
I wonder if he's somewhat a product of his system. His backup goalie has the best GAA in the WHL, and has two more SO than Brossoit in 16 less games. He's the third best NA goalie ranked by CS.

Either Edmonton has two great goalies, or their defensive system is helping them out a bit.

I honestly think its both. Brossoit and Jarry are very good goalie prospects that happen to play on a very good Oil Kings team. We will have a better idea of Brossoit's game next year when he plays for the Heat. (I think he will anyways...)

Oct 15, 2008

Both.

Although they dont play a "defensive" system. They have scored the most goals in the EC and have scored the third most goals in the entire league.

They probably have the best d core collectively in the league though with Reinhart, Musil, Lowe, Gernat, Corbett and Sautner.

Both Jarry and Brossoit have been very good. That cant be understated or chalked up to the team in front of them. They are in fact very good goalies, no matter who they are playing for. Small sample size but look at the prospects game. You would have a hard time saying any goalie played better than Jarry. There was no Oil Kings team in front of him then either.

Last edited:

Devilspuppet666

Dec 25, 2010
Calgary
Ummmm... Leach is no longer Flames property. He wasn't resigned. Feaster also strongly hinted Ramage isn't in the future plans. The organization is very high on Gaudreau and Horak is an NHL lock.

link? cause he's always commented on his maturity, and leadership abilities

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Another shut out tonight, 5 in the last 2 months he has been on fire since he was cut by team Canada,
In 2013 he has SV % of .95 GAA of 1.33 and is 12-3

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
BUT--the stats say his back-up TRISTAN JARRY --is the better goalie! True Brossoit gets the workload of games (Brossoit 41GP 2.06 GAA, 5 SO, .925 save% , 28-7-5) to JARRY's 22GP, 1.56 GAA, 6 SO, .938 save%, 15-5-0 ....JARRY is first time draft-eligible and is the 3rd rated NA goalie by Central Scouting at mid-term and 4th rated over-all goalie by ISS...yet he might be the very best goalie prospect of the 2013 draft crop-it is not his fault he doesn't get the starter role as does say Fucale in Halifax ...on most Jr. teams JARRY would be a starter...one might say the extra grind of more games would take a toll on Jarry if he did get the opportunity ..perhaps...but then perhaps JARRY really is that special once in awhile "franchise goalie" in waiting..I doubt Fucale is because despite his hype he gave up 3 goals in his half game for losing team Cherry in the Top Prospects game but JARRY came in in the 2nd half for team Cherry and gave up nada on 16 shots faced..You would think Fucale would be much better than a .905 save % especially facing only 24.47 shots per game with the Q top team in front of him...JARRY actually faces slightly less shots in his GP but look at the glittering stats he has put up in his opportunities...Brossoit faces a bit over 26 shots a game in his starts to date ..SO none of them is exactly being 'barraged" with lots of rubber each night ..but still the stats whilst sometimes lying in this case methinks not--JARRY could be special...

Kevin Forbes

Jul 29, 2002
Nova Scotia
www.kforbesy.ca
BUT--the stats say his back-up TRISTAN JARRY --is the better goalie! True Brossoit gets the workload of games (Brossoit 41GP 2.06 GAA, 5 SO, .925 save% , 28-7-5) to JARRY's 22GP, 1.56 GAA, 6 SO, .938 save%, 15-5-0 ....JARRY is first time draft-eligible and is the 3rd rated NA goalie by Central Scouting at mid-term and 4th rated over-all goalie by ISS...yet he might be the very best goalie prospect of the 2013 draft crop-it is not his fault he doesn't get the starter role as does say Fucale in Halifax ...on most Jr. teams JARRY would be a starter...one might say the extra grind of more games would take a toll on Jarry if he did get the opportunity ..perhaps...but then perhaps JARRY really is that special once in awhile "franchise goalie" in waiting..I doubt Fucale is because despite his hype he gave up 3 goals in his half game for losing team Cherry in the Top Prospects game but JARRY came in in the 2nd half for team Cherry and gave up nada on 16 shots faced..You would think Fucale would be much better than a .905 save % especially facing only 24.47 shots per game with the Q top team in front of him...JARRY actually faces slightly less shots in his GP but look at the glittering stats he has put up in his opportunities...Brossoit faces a bit over 26 shots a game in his starts to date ..SO none of them is exactly being 'barraged" with lots of rubber each night ..but still the stats whilst sometimes lying in this case methinks not--JARRY could be special...

Posted this in another thread, but when looking quickly at Jarry's play versus Brossoit, Jarry sees more of the bottom dwelling teams in the WHL while Brossoit sees more of the top teams in the league. When we talk about who is "better" at this point, that is an important piece to consider.

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
personally I am not a Brossoit fan, I find him shakey at times, i am never 100% with him in the net, I find him very inconsistant and 2nd guessing himself at times, he has some skill but I think (and i might be wrong) he will have trouble cracking an NHL club within the next 3 years and he will never be a top flight goalie in the show....now again I could be wrong but I have seen him play live many times and im just not sold on him, just too inconsistant and never gives me the secure feeling feeling in net I like to have.

Devilspuppet666

Dec 25, 2010
Calgary
personally I am not a Brossoit fan, I find him shakey at times, i am never 100% with him in the net, I find him very inconsistant and 2nd guessing himself at times, he has some skill but I think (and i might be wrong) he will have trouble cracking an NHL club within the next 3 years and he will never be a top flight goalie in the show....now again I could be wrong but I have seen him play live many times and im just not sold on him, just too inconsistant and never gives me the secure feeling feeling in net I like to have.

most goalies dont crack rosters until 23- 26 years old anyway

plus hes jsut good depth for the flames to have him, gillies, ortio, and Ramo is fine goalie depth TBH

tfong

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2008
www.instagram.com

Confidence can be gained and if he matures that might be something that could be fixed. The good part being he has a very solid foundation of skills.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Doing very well in the AHL right now

18-11-2 with .920 Sv% and 2.46 GAA in his first full season

Compared to other top goalie prospects in there first AHL year

Gibson: 21-17-4 .919 sv% 2.39 GAA
Vasilevskiy: 14-6-5 .917% sv% 2.45 GAA

Only Hellebuyck is higher at .927 sv% but he is unreal

Will probably get some time up in the NHL this season and spend the entirety of next season in the AHL. Posting very good numbers and leading the Barons to another good year despite lack of talent. Could be a future #1 goalie

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Actually a pretty good trade for the Oilers.

Give him some time in the NHL? He must be better then Fasth.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Actually a pretty good trade for the Oilers.

Give him some time in the NHL? He must be better then Fasth.

Turning out to be. Smid had regressed in Edmonton and they needed the space (which they wasted on Ference anyway) but got back Brossoit who is performing very well and Horak who is doing well in the KHL and could one day be a decent 4th liner. Smid >= to Ference (at times) so thats a bit of a wash, but they key is Brossoit

That's not saying much, but I imagine he gets a 2 game look to get NHL feel. Same as how they gave him a brief look in the AHL last year then sent him to the ECHL to work on things. Hes bring brought along at a snails pace developmentally

Tont

May 4, 2006
Giving up Brossoit was the only part of that deal that I was unsure of. He was behind a few guys in Calgary so they could afford to part with him but he definitely has the ability to make the Flames regret the Smid trade down the line. The kid has unreal athletic ability so if he can continue to refine the finer points of the position I think he'll be an NHL starter.

DrDrai

The OG
Jan 28, 2007
Edmonton
47 saves so far tonight, having a good game for the oilers, hopefully he gets some more time in the AHL, and can be a goalie of the future for the oilers. Maybe the oilers can sign a true #1 and have him back up

* 49 saves total, tied for most ever in an NHL Debut with Manny Legace

Last edited:

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
They need 6 defenseman and a half dozen forwards who can play defense or it will all be worthless.

That said, Broissoit looked fantastic

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Wow wow what a game

Guy was amazing

If it wasnt for Schultz would have a 50 game shutdown

1st star and single handedly kept them in. Like 10 amazing saves

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad