G Laurent Brossoit (2011, 164th, CGY; traded to EDM)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
I think Edmonton fans should start preparing for the possibility of Vegas taking Brossoit in the coming expansion draft. He's currently putting up Top 5 numbers in the AHL right now 3rd in GSAA, 7th in QS%, & 2nd in Bounce Back SV%). If he shows some promise in the NHL then you'd have to imagine that Brossiot will be very tempting for Vegas to choose.

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
I think Edmonton fans should start preparing for the possibility of Vegas taking Brossoit in the coming expansion draft. He's currently putting up Top 5 numbers in the AHL right now 3rd in GSAA, 7th in QS%, & 2nd in Bounce Back SV%). If he shows some promise in the NHL then you'd have to imagine that Brossiot will be very tempting for Vegas to choose.

He'd have to play 10-15 games in the NHL really well this season for that to happen IMO. He's loses his waiver exemption next season and there will very likely be at least two better goalies exposed in the expansion draft.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
Gustavsson is only signed for this season, then Brossoit most likely comes up to Edmonton.

:dunno:

Then we have Ellis on the come up to watch in Bakersfield. :yo:

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
He'd have to play 10-15 games in the NHL really well this season for that to happen IMO. He's loses his waiver exemption next season and there will very likely be at least two better goalies exposed in the expansion draft.

Vegas has to pick 3 goalies from the draft and all three will be waiver eligible. Will there be three better goalies then Brossoit available is the question. They could even trade one of the three goalies later on for an actual waiver exempt goalie at another point. It's not out of the realm of possibilities though that Vegas takes Brossoit. Second question is, can Edmonton expose a player that is more valuable to Vegas than Brossiot?

suddeninterest

Aug 19, 2014
I might take Stolarz before Brossoit if I were Vegas (I think he's available). Personally I think if Davidson comes back and looks like a #4/solid #5 then Vegas will take him. Pretty sure Edmonton goes 7-3-1 unless Davidson looks like a total world beater.

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
Vegas has to pick 3 goalies from the draft and all three will be waiver eligible. Will there be three better goalies then Brossoit available is the question. They could even trade one of the three goalies later on for an actual waiver exempt goalie at another point. It's not out of the realm of possibilities though that Vegas takes Brossoit. Second question is, can Edmonton expose a player that is more valuable to Vegas than Brossiot?

As was mentioned, Vegas could take a guy like Stolarz who would still be waiver exempt for another year as goalies get an extra year of waiver exemption.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012

I think theyll take Bishop/MAF as a starter, sign a good back up and then take a 3rd string from someone else

Edmonton has Davidson, who unfortunately I think Vegas recognizes how good he is (TSN had him on top pairing for Vegas) and will take him

Aug 21, 2014
I think theyll take Bishop/MAF as a starter, sign a good back up and then take a 3rd string from someone else

Edmonton has Davidson, who unfortunately I think Vegas recognizes how good he is (TSN had him on top pairing for Vegas) and will take him

Bishop's a FA, if he has any inclination of going to Vegas he'd sign with them. TB loses nobody then technically.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Up to .932 sv% in AHL with back to back shutouts. Hes pretty much showing hes got nothing left to prove at AHL level (improved sv% year over year from 0.918 to .920 to .932 now)

Interesting to see if he gets call up to NHL soon

Interesting to note. Oilers signed junior Nick Ellis from Providence College (0.936 sv% in first full NCAA season) this offseason which was probably most underrated prospect signing of the offseason. Ellis now is 6th in the AHL with a 0.930 sv% in his rookie pro season. He could really be pushing Brossoit or even steal his gig if he keeps it up

I think they would prefer to hold both down all year. If Brossoit came up and played well in the NHL, its more likely that the Oilers lose him in expansion. Ellis was likely signed just in case Brossoit is taken.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta

I think that possibility is very real in our minds, and in Chiarelli's, hence signing Ellis last summer.

I also think that with the number of decent experienced goalies who will be available, we may have nothing to worry about. I'm pretty sure that if he is selected, he would have to be waived to be sent down starting next year, so Vegas would need to be very confident that he would make the team and feel he is better than a long list of good, available goalies (Lack, Bernier, Greiss, Reimer, Howard, one of Niemi or Lehtonen and let's not forget that guys like Halak, Fleury, Elliot and Bishop might be available).

The good thing is that if we lose Brossoit, it means we don't lose Brandon Davidson.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad