G Laurent Brossoit (2011, 164th, CGY; traded to EDM)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Guy is legit. Hell really get a look at the NHL when hes facing 50 shots next start. He was sensational in hist first ever start and by all accounts exceeding all expectations in the AHL despite being on a weaker team.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
im nervous for him playing with this team in front of him. Hes gonna be in for a rude awakening I think. Best of luck to him though... hopefully he does well

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
im nervous for him playing with this team in front of him. Hes gonna be in for a rude awakening I think. Best of luck to him though... hopefully he does well

Had 49 saves last game he played up here :laugh:. Probaly better he gets an absolute shelling so he learns the worst of what may be to come in the NHL and prepares for it in AHL.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Had 49 saves last game he played up here :laugh:. Probaly better he gets an absolute shelling so he learns the worst of what may be to come in the NHL and prepares for it in AHL.

haha and some goalies are strange and excel when getting peppered with shots

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
Let's just say I hope he has a similar career trajectory to Andrew Hammond. Would hate to have traded a dominant goaltender for friggin ladislav smid of all people

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
haha and some goalies are strange and excel when getting peppered with shots

Its weird, I saw somewhere sv% and win % for goalies who face over 35 shots in a game is pretty high. Probaly just because after 25 or so shots you are so into the game and in rhythm.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Let's just say I hope he has a similar career trajectory to Andrew Hammond. Would hate to have traded a dominant goaltender for friggin ladislav smid of all people

Still some good goalies in Calgary's system, but the fact that he was originally moved because Ortio was the heir apparent...yeesh. Olivier Roy is naaaat good.

Paper

Nov 4, 2009
Its weird, I saw somewhere sv% and win % for goalies who face over 35 shots in a game is pretty high. Probaly just because after 25 or so shots you are so into the game and in rhythm.
Probably more to do with the fact that the goalie stays in at all.

What do you think the average amount of goals are let in before the goalie is pulled? 4 or so? Even if a goalie is playing well but has let in enough goals a coach often pulls the goalie as a message to the rest of the team.

So to face a lot of shots, usually, a goalie needs to stay in the full game. If they stay in the full game, usually, they aren't getting lit up. If they are facing a lot of shots and not getting scored on, they'll have a high save percentage.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Yup smart trade. Turning Smud into a prospect with a high poetical. Looks like ge is one of the top 10 goalie prospects in the world. Would you say he is on Murray, Comrie, Jarry, Hellebuyck, etc Tier

Better than Comrie, not as good as Murray, similar AHL numbers to Hellebuyck. Having watched a lot of each goalie (Jarry vs Brossoit) as Oil Kings I personally think Brossoit is better, but we will see.

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
Brossoit confirmed as starter tonight (Talbot's sick).

2nd career start for LB.

Looking forward to see how much he's progressed and whether that progress makes him a legit NHL starter. So far, all the signs are that he's for real, and hopefully he gets some decent support from the players in front of him.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Looking forward to see how much he's progressed and whether that progress makes him a legit NHL starter. So far, all the signs are that he's for real, and hopefully he gets some decent support from the players in front of him.

I've always liked him even back when he was playing for the OK's as a Calgary pick. I've always liked goalies who have great technical skills and athleticism that don't rely on size alone (i.e. Price, Holtby, Quick). Obviously not saying he will ever be as good as any of them, but his play style is similar in a sense.

Here's to hoping he can become a top 10 goalie in this league and Edmonton can find some D (or just have Klef and Nurse develop into beasts). Lets also hope Gillies can turn into a good goaltender and Calgary can snag another good forward in this draft combined with Bennetts development (always been a fan of his) and we can see some exciting BOA's for the next decade+

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
Very good showing from him. Not a ton of high danger chances but absolutely stood tall when he needed to be (except the shootout, oh well). He tracks the puck well and isn't an unorthodox goaltender (scrambly goalies concern me), calm and square to the shooter.

Hopefully this stint is extended for a bit and he gets the feel of somewhat prolonged NHL play. Then back to the AHL and hopefully the Condors can somehow get into the playoffs and he can get some big game action.

He looks to me like the real deal to become a starting goaltender.

capebretoncanadien

Nov 29, 2008
He looked really good tonight.

Big guy and very composed, tight compact movements...doesn't lose his net.

It's only one game but until he shows otherwise he is better than that sieve Nilsson.

**** I'd take him over either Habs goalie at this point.

Also one of the best French names ever just rolls off the tongue.

Last edited:

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
He looked really good tonight.

Big guy and very composed, tight compact movements...doesn't lose his net.

It's only one game but until he shows otherwise he is better than that sieve Nilsson.

**** I'd take him over either Habs goalie at this point.

Also one of the best French names ever just rolls off the tongue.

And without the heavy annoying French accent ;)

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
2 good/great ahl seasons and 2 great NHL games. He plays a prototypical pro style game. Calm and collected out there. Not sure we've had as good of a goalie prospect in past 15 years. Rare big win for macT.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
It's going to be fun hearing American announcers mangling his name for the next 10-15 years. :laugh:

I get some solid laughs from them butchering the pronunciation of Beaulieu already.

You wonder how hard it could possibly be to say "Brossoit," but this is a league where "Mikael" and "Michal" automatically default to "Michael"

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Up to .932 sv% in AHL with back to back shutouts. Hes pretty much showing hes got nothing left to prove at AHL level (improved sv% year over year from 0.918 to .920 to .932 now)

Interesting to see if he gets call up to NHL soon

Interesting to note. Oilers signed junior Nick Ellis from Providence College (0.936 sv% in first full NCAA season) this offseason which was probably most underrated prospect signing of the offseason. Ellis now is 6th in the AHL with a 0.930 sv% in his rookie pro season. He could really be pushing Brossoit or even steal his gig if he keeps it up

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad