G Laurent Brossoit (2011, 164th, CGY; traded to EDM)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Not really, Calgary has done a good job with drafting goalies. Still have Gillies/Macdonald in the pipe.

Yeah, I was gonna say. Gillies is a stud, watched him in Providence and the Flames got an excellent one in him. I'd deal LB for him without blinking an eye.

With that said, very glad to have Brossoit in the Oilers system. There was lots of pooing on the trade when it happened. One of the few good MacT moves.

McRpro

Cont. without supporting.
Aug 18, 2006
Clown World
Quite a few Oilers fans whined about trading Smid, a heart and soul player for junk at the time. I'm sure those posters have recanted their stance, right? Nah......still a lousy trade for the Oil! :laugh:

Hell, I've seen a certain poster on the Oilers board complain about trading Penner for the Kings first pick in 2011. Fairly recently too.

King In The North

Sean Bennett
Jul 9, 2007
Winterfell
Yeah, I was gonna say. Gillies is a stud, watched him in Providence and the Flames got an excellent one in him. I'd deal LB for him without blinking an eye.

With that said, very glad to have Brossoit in the Oilers system. There was lots of pooing on the trade when it happened. One of the few good MacT moves.

Brossoit definitely showed a better performance last season and early this year.

TKB21

Oct 27, 2013
Like 3rd. I liked Brossoit as a prospect but yeah I still would rather have Gillies/Macdonald.

All the best to LB.

Classic flames fan logic, "Sure he's the best goalie in the AHL right now but I would still rather have the other 2 guys we didn't trade for smid"

Cain

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
As a flames fan I was disappointed when we traded Brossoit. Still think he has it in him to be a starter in the NHL and hated that we gave that to our rivals!

DraberlyakMcHallkins*

His stats are reflective of his team; Charlottetown isn't really a stacked roster.

been outperformed by 2 other goalies on the team so far

not saying he's a bad prospect per se just that LB's a quality AHL starter that could probably be in the NHL next year maybe full time, while McDonald hasn't proven much of anything yet. Maybe if he was dominating the Q I'd reconsider

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
His stats are reflective of his team; Charlottetown isn't really a stacked roster.

Either are the condors. With all the NHL injuries, the top 5 players gave been called up. Dillon Simpson on just came back. This team should not be winning with all its talent gutted

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Either are the condors.

It's great that Brossoit is doing well for himself and for me a sign that Calgary's amateur scouting has really gotten a hang of what to look for in goaltenders as they were never all too satisfied with their Irving pick or prior - but the Charlottetown Islanders make every opposing team line look like Alfredsson-Spezza-Heatley on the tic tac toe. McDonald's stats don't mean a whole lot, though I'm sure he would like them to be better.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
It's great that Brossoit is doing well for himself and for me a sign that Calgary's amateur scouting has really gotten a hang of what to look for in goaltenders as they were never all too satisfied with their Irving pick or prior - but the Charlottetown Islanders make every opposing team line look like Alfredsson-Spezza-Heatley on the tic tac toe. McDonald's stats don't mean a whole lot, though I'm sure he would like them to be better.

I think Edmonton's development method was the reason for his emergence. He had average echl rookie numbers with Alaska but really broke out on a linear basis in Edmonton. For whatever reason oilers AHL goalies do pretty good in okc. However those guys were tan Dennis and bachman, both older goalies.

Flames have a stacked goalie prospect pool and obviously a great eye for that talent. So I thank god that oilers were able to get such a good caliber goalie for smid. One of macts only good deals

DraberlyakMcHallkins*

Edmonton really cannot draft goalies.

I like the idea of not using top 3-4 round picks on them and just signing FA goalies out of college or the CHL. CGY signed Ken Appleby out of Oshawa who I think is a pretty good goalie. Was up there for OHL playoff and Mem Cup MVP. He's doing well with Adirondack

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton

I like the idea of not using top 3-4 round picks on them and just signing FA goalies out of college or the CHL. CGY signed Ken Appleby out of Oshawa who I think is a pretty good goalie. Was up there for OHL playoff and Mem Cup MVP. He's doing well with Adirondack

Our amateur scouts must have just gone to games, got wasted by the ten minute mark, passed out, and faked their reports. Only plausible explanation for being that awful for that long.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013

Devils signed Appleby.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
I think a goalie blog ranked top goalie prospects in the off season. Brossoit was like 30th despite posting numbers comparable to top 10 guys. You'd have to think he's top 10 or even tip 5 right now. He's incredible

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I think a goalie blog ranked top goalie prospects in the off season. Brossoit was like 30th despite posting numbers comparable to top 10 guys. You'd have to think he's top 10 or even tip 5 right now. He's incredible

He's almost as good as Comrie this year.... :naughty:

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Just called up to the Oilers.

Sporting a .921 SV% in the AHL right now. Kid's got to be a top 10 goalie prospect in the league. Excited to see him get a couple games.

Nilsson's last full game was Jan 19th against the Lightning. He hasn't won a game in two months. Poor Talbot. :laugh:

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Just called up to the Oilers.

Sporting a .921 SV% in the AHL right now. Kid's got to be a top 10 goalie prospect in the league. Excited to see him get a couple games.

Nilsson's last full game was Jan 19th against the Lightning. He hasn't won a game in two months. Poor Talbot. :laugh:

when is he expected to get a start?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad