GDT: Free Agent Frenzy Today at Noon EST

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who is most likely moved July 13?

• Horny

Votes: 32 49.2%
  • Duclair

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • Bobrovsky

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • No one

Votes: 28 43.1%

• Total voters

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
download.jpg

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
How about bringing Lammikko back? Would be pretty cheap and built for playoff style grinding hockey. Canucks fans really seemed to like his play and i was surprised they didn't qualify him.

Only if he wants to sign a 2way deal and start the season in Charlotte. And even then the Cats wouldn't need him because there's no upside: he's a proven 4th liner, more like a 13th fwd with this roster.

Necrobutcher

Sep 20, 2018
Tampere, Finland
Only if he wants to sign a 2way deal and start the season in Charlotte. And even then the Cats wouldn't need him because there's no upside: he's a proven 4th liner, more like a 13th fwd with this roster.
Yeah i kinda feel you but i also think that the Panthers' depth almost desperately could use a defensively solid proven 4th liner. I could see him chipping in more offensively too.

Reactions: ProjectPanthers

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Yeah i kinda feel you but i also think that the Panthers' depth almost desperately could use a defensively solid proven 4th liner. I could see him chipping in more offensively too.

You could say that about any other fwd role but the salary cap prevents Zito from upholding an inventory of backup players for a rainy day.

Necrobutcher

Sep 20, 2018
Tampere, Finland
You could say that about any other fwd role but the salary cap prevents Zito from upholding an inventory of backup players for a rainy day.
Yeah the cap doesn't allow them to do pretty much anything but the proposition of course included the assumption that some cap will be shed. People are talking about Malkin here but Lammikko isn't gonna work out..?

I think in the modern day NHL you need the right balance of skill & speed and grit & defensive expertise. The Panthers are heavy on the first but lacking on the latter. Lammikko would be a great fit for sure.

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
Yeah the cap doesn't allow them to do pretty much anything but the proposition of course included the assumption that some cap will be shed. People are talking about Malkin here but Lammikko isn't gonna work out..?

I think in the modern day NHL you need the right balance of skill & speed and grit & defensive expertise. The Panthers are heavy on the first but lacking on the latter. Lammikko would be a great fit for sure.
Totally agree. Always loved Lammy's game despite not being flashy at all.

Reactions: Necrobutcher

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreChamps
Jul 13, 2013
How about bringing Lammikko back? Would be pretty cheap and built for playoff style grinding hockey. Canucks fans really seemed to like his play and i was surprised they didn't qualify him.
Zito doesn't like most Tallon guys so I doubt he's back but (assuming Florida does nothing) that's the type of player Florida will be bringing in, a couple minimum salary guys that can be buried when Duclair comes back.

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
Regardless of who Zito brings in to fill in the 4th line, they need to be gritty and physical players that can play at least a decent defensive game. The team was seriously lacking in grit within the forward group last season and it showed come playoff time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad