GDT: Free Agent Frenzy Today at Noon EST

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who is most likely moved July 13?

• Horny

Votes: 32 49.2%
  • Duclair

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • Bobrovsky

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • No one

Votes: 28 43.1%

• Total voters

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I see OTT and NJ as Weegar front runners.
They need a legit RD.

Weegar, Hornqvist
For
Brannstrom, Del Zotto, picks/prospects?

Weegar + Hornqvist
For
Zacha, Severson? Saves us some cap, Severson isn't amazing but isn't horrid iirc.

Or go big and:

Weegar to OTT
Chychrun to FLA
Picks/prospects to ARI

If Zito moves Weegar, you have to attach Hornqvist which devalues Weegar but maybe not by alot if we retain a bit.
Try and clear at least $4 mil of Horny for Marchment.

Giroux may be tough though.

Reactions: KW

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
I still feel like we will see a Bobrovsky to the Capitals deal… Don’t know why, but I don’t feel like Kuemper is their target !

Campbell will go to Oilers from all we hear, and Kuemper will go to the Devils… I don’t believe NJ wants to run with Vanecek as their numero uno this year.

But imo… Washington wouldn’t have cleared their goalie situation without a known alternative ready, and they couldn’t (or it would be tampering) know for sure if Kuemper will sign with them sooooo… It must be Bob.

I know, I may be dreaming or crazy, but I feel it !

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreChamps
Jul 13, 2013
I am not a Weegar fan I just don't see what move can be done to make the team better by trading him.

Haven't seen anything on Horny that makes it sound like he's being moved.

Reactions: Gizmo Tkachuk

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
If we indeed trade Weegar, maybe we can bring back Nutivarra on a minimum 1 yr deal.

This org deserves every bit of misfortune if ppl actually believe that Nuti == Weegar.

Weegar, Hornqvist
For
Brannstrom, Del Zotto, picks/prospects?

Weegar would get the Cats a similar package that went to Lumbus in the Jones-trade so maybe a two 1st round picks + 2nd round pick.
No need for Brannstrom who is probably a bust at this point.
Buying out Hornqvist would probably be cheapest way to retain value in a trade. A potential suitor might drive down the price as he is on his last of his career in the NHL.

Reactions: I am not exposed

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
This org deserves every bit of misfortune if ppl actually believe that Nuti == Weegar.

Weegar would get the Cats a similar package that went to Lumbus in the Jones-trade so maybe a two 1st round picks + 2nd round pick.
Buying out Hornqvist would probably be cheapest way to retain value in a trade. A potential suitor might drive down the price as he is on his last of his career in the NHL.

I didn't say he was. But if Weegar goes, our D will be even more thin. Any cap space freed from Weegar will likely be used on Marchment/Giroux so any decent FA defenseman will be priced out here.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I still feel like we will see a Bobrovsky to the Capitals deal… Don’t know why, but I don’t feel like Kuemper is their target !

Campbell will go to Oilers from all we hear, and Kuemper will go to the Devils… I don’t believe NJ wants to run with Vanecek as their numero uno this year.

But imo… Washington wouldn’t have cleared their goalie situation without a known alternative ready, and they couldn’t (or it would be tampering) know for sure if Kuemper will sign with them sooooo… It must be Bob.

I know, I may be dreaming or crazy, but I feel it !
So we'd go after Samsonov then?

I'd even take a flyer on Stolarz in ANA, 950k with a year left and put up respectable numbers behind a weak Ducks defense. Bury him if he fails but him and Knight under 2 mil allows us to depth up the team.

Make a move for goalie at deadline or earlier if need be.

True. I'd prefer a 1st or a lesser LD back + something. Trying to clear Horny with use of Weegar somehow

Weegar, Hornqvist retained, 2023 2nd
for
2023 1st, prospect

go sign Marchment and Kulak?
Or dangle the OTT 1st + Samoskevich for Chychrun?
That's a defensively resposible bottom-6 winger avaliable on the market

Nice, maybe a cheaper version of Marchment?
Nearly 2 hits a game, 30ish pt pace in 61 games.
Played some PK

Last edited:

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
I wonder if Hornqvist can give us an inside track on Malkin. Still don’t know how we’ll make anything work with no cap space. I was definitely expecting some sort of movement by now.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I wonder if Hornqvist can give us an inside track on Malkin. Still don’t know how we’ll make anything work with no cap space. I was definitely expecting some sort of movement by now.
1st buyout window ends tonight so that effects Hornqvist.

We'd have to move Bennett + Montour to make it work capwise for Malkin and just plug prospects on other empty forward slots.

It's the term for Malkin that scares me off. 2 years sure, 3rd year better be buyout optional, otherwise, 4 years is a long time for a soon to be 36 year old legend.
But we did have Jagr so ya never know..

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut
on the record that we should pass on malkin. but it's not because I don't think he's insanely talented.. just seems like it could backfire

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
I'm beginning to wonder if something super creative will happen like Weegar+Bennett for JC essentially

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad