GDT: Free Agent Frenzy Today at Noon EST

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who is most likely moved July 13?

• Horny

Votes: 32 49.2%
  • Duclair

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • Bobrovsky

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • No one

Votes: 28 43.1%

• Total voters

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
Kessel isn't coming here. He doesn't care about winning, and we aren't going to guarantee his ironman streak.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
True. I'd prefer a 1st or a lesser LD back + something. Trying to clear Horny with use of Weegar somehow

Weegar, Hornqvist retained, 2023 2nd
for
2023 1st, prospect

go sign Marchment and Kulak?
Or dangle the OTT 1st + Samoskevich for Chychrun?

Weegar + Hornqvist for Thomson + 2023 1st + 2024 2nd

I don't think Zito can afford to trade for Chyk as he essentially has no 1st round picks. We'll soon know whether Deni, Hepo and Hutsko can manage the NHL action or not as regular roster players. If they can't then there's only Samo, Sourdif, Noel and Schwindt plus a handful of mid-tier defensemen left in the cupboard.

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
supposedly Lebrun was on overdrive1050 and said Florida's offer to Giroux was 1 X 1

If true.......LOL

I don't doubt it. Probably asking to take a 1yr dirt cheap deal with the promise to pay more next year when more cap opens up. Probably trying the same with March

HockeyRulez

Panthers hockey since 1993
Nov 11, 2010
The Sunshine State
What's the rule again? Teams can be over the cap during the off-season but have to be under by a certain time? Or maybe I'm not remembering correctly

ShootIt

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 8, 2008
I'll be surprised if we let March or Giroux walk and keep Horny for this year.

While he isn't a + asset with his cap hit he is on an expiring deal that some team could absorb.
Unless the FO doesn't want to move him due to locker room/leadership.

Reactions: scholl

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
If Ottawa does end up signing giroux, I really like how they’re building their team:

Debrincat-Norris-Giroux
Tkachuk-Stutzle-Batherson

With Chabot, Zub, and Sanderson on D, and adding a little more stability with Talbot in net.

They may not be at our level yet, but they’re certainly catching up. A lot of question marks on what we’ll do. No Duclair already, do we keep giroux or Marchment or chiarot? Do we trade anyone? Trade or buyout horn? Trade Weegar? Bob? And not a single thing has happened yet. All a mystery. Tomorrow will be very interesting. What time does free agency start?

Reactions: Egblad

Sticksandsun

Mar 11, 2015
A lot of question marks on what we’ll do. No Duclair already, do we keep giroux or Marchment or chiarot? Do we trade anyone? Trade or buyout horn? Trade Weegar? Bob? And not a single thing has happened yet. All a mystery. Tomorrow will be very interesting. What time does free agency start?
They might just do nothing.

Chino Oscar

Jul 22, 2002
West Palm Beach
There is only so much one can do with the cap space we got. Unless we unload a big contract, I don't expect anything, and only one I would be willing to unload would be Horny. Bob is interesting because if Knight is not ready, we could really screw up the entire season if we trade him to open up some cap space.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
I'll be surprised if we let March or Giroux walk and keep Horny for this year.

While he isn't a + asset with his cap hit he is on an expiring deal that some team could absorb.
Unless the FO doesn't want to move him due to locker room/leadership.
Again, it's a question of cap and assets.
Is anybody willing to take Hornqvist at 50% for a lesser prospect? If not, as much as it sucks, you keep him.
Giroux IMO is a pipe dream. Nothing against him but the money's just not there unless he's "Florida or retirement" (which I really don't think he is).
Marchment depends on what he wants, but I imagine he wants the multi-year deal to set him up for life as is his right. If we manage to more Horny, then I think we'll keep him... but more likely, he's gone.

Zito could surprise me and trade one of the roster players (like Weegar, if he's sure we can't keep him and has a replacement plan), but more likely this FA to be very low-key; a couple dirt-cheap forwards, maybe a depth D.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad