GDT: Free Agent Frenzy Today at Noon EST

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who is most likely moved July 13?

• Horny

Votes: 32 49.2%
  • Duclair

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • Bobrovsky

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • No one

Votes: 28 43.1%

• Total voters

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
I see us signing someone like Glenn Gawdin. Late bloomer, good AHLer, 25 yo winger. That’s really the only type of player we can afford

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Benny isn't a problem as he is a center who signed to a decent contract. The money has to come off from someplace and the first place to look to shed some salary is the wingers. Duke is useless but apparently he can't be traded even for a 3rd round pick. Hornqvist can't be bought out because leadership, old man strength,etc. Huby can't be traded because of his stats instead of actual production.

Zito has effectively ended the Cats' upward momentum and now he's just working to keep this team under the cap ceiling. Great work...

Your 2022-23 Florida Panthers:
Verhaeghe - Barkov - Denisenko
Heponiemi - Lundell - Reinhart
Huberdeau - Bennett - Hutsko
Lomberg - Luostarinen - Hornqvist

Bennett isn’t a problen per se but trading him would help.
It would give Zito 2 things he desperately needs, cap space and assets.
Sure you can try to get rid of Hornqvist but that’s costly.

With Giroux& Marchment walking the W isn’t looking very pretty.
Denisenko is a completely unproven and now you have Heponiemi there as well?

Barkov/Lundell/Reinhart/Giroux would have hiven you a much more versatile lineup and some much needed assets on top of it

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
I don’t blame Zito going for it last season. I don’t see that we’ve had or will have a better chance at the cup, we just blew it. In hindsight it was primarily because Zito wouldn’t bring in a new HC a when the season was still young.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Bennett isn’t a problen per se but trading him would help.
It would give Zito 2 things he desperately needs, cap space and assets.
Sure you can try to get rid of Hornqvist but that’s costly.

With Giroux& Marchment walking the W isn’t looking very pretty.
Denisenko is a completely unproven and now you have Heponiemi there as well?

Barkov/Lundell/Reinhart/Giroux would have hiven you a much more versatile lineup and some much needed assets on top of it

Marchment walking is the consequence of trading away their top-tier draft capital for nothing. If Zito didn't e.g. trade for G at the TDL he might've gone to the Avs and nothing would've been lost from our end: it just wasn't our time to begin with.

Players being unproven at the NHL level isn't the problem. The problem is that they have to cross their fingers and really hope that they can manage the NHL action and be productive as they do not have any options due to lack of cap space and 1st round picks.

Reactions: letsgrowcactus

ShootIt

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 8, 2008
I'm sliding into the trade Huberdeau for prospects/picks camp.

Don't want to see another huge contract, especially to a winger, at this stage of the roster building.
We are probably stuck with Bob at 10mil for a few more years, Barkov is at 10 and Ekblad and Reinhart are at 7.5 and 7mil respectively.

Rather sell high on Huberdeau, and re-sign March to a ~3-4 year deal.

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
Team should absolutely attempt to move Duclair and Weegar. Both complete liabilities in playoff hockey, sample size now large enough for me to say that with confidence.

As for the rest, the deadline trades last season guaranteed that the team peaked last season. Is what is.

Mogo

Jun 26, 2002
We’re doomed.

Hope Barkov doesn’t have a big injury and we hand Michkov to the Canadiens.

I can feel that too…

:(

Wait a sec. You've joined the darkside too finally

In Zito we trust but basically his trade deadline pick ups destroyed us from being competive next season. Never liked going all in with no coach

Reactions: BabyBennettov

Mogo

Jun 26, 2002
If Marchment isn't signed in the next few hours, I'll award Zito with the Dale Tallon trophy: the worst GM of year.

buh bye. I dont see how were gonna sign anyone worth mentioning with the cap space we have eventho we can go over in the off season. We got nobody we can move

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad