GDT: Free Agent Frenzy Today at Noon EST

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who is most likely moved July 13?

• Horny

Votes: 32 49.2%
  • Duclair

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • Bobrovsky

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • No one

Votes: 28 43.1%

• Total voters

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
The fact that Weegar is aggressively being shopped is a very good sign. It shows once again that Zito can identify a problem and is willing to fix it. Hopefully they can get a deal done.

ShootIt

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 8, 2008
The fact that Weegar is aggressively being shopped is a very good sign. It shows once again that Zito can identify a problem and is willing to fix it. Hopefully they can get a deal done.

Is he being shopped or is Ottawa just being aggressive for once in FA?

I haven't seen anything yet that we are shopping him, but very well could of missed it.

Reactions: I am not exposed

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
Wait a sec. You've joined the darkside too finally

In Zito we trust but basically his trade deadline pick ups destroyed us from being competive next season. Never liked going all in with no coach

Not really on the darkside !

I loved getting our hands on Chiarot…

I HATED giving an unprotected pick in 2023 for that kind of player.

Kind of liked the Giroux trade at that price, but we all know it didn’t paid off.

So yeah, I’m really frustrated because I thought Zito had a plan when he bought out Yandle, and he knew he could get it done.

Being swept by the Bolts wasn’t the plan !

Having your gritty top-9 winger producing like a first-liner and outricing himself wasn’t the plan !

Having your HoF coach being taken away from you wasn’t the plan !

But for f***’s sake, Zito already knew the Yandle‘s penalty was hitting hard this year and that HAD to be part of the plan… He is an old agent, he should be GREAT with numbers… Seeing him NOT doing anything for the last few weeks… Damn… I trust him, but let’s say he has lost A LOT of shine and credit IMO.

But we shouldn’t put all the blame on Zito… If I remember correctly, Yandle wouldn’t waive his NMC for anyone, and Tallon is the one that gave that stupid contract to Bob…

Let’s see how he adapts this year, but I think he should have been WAY more prepared for this offseason and should have been WAY more active by now.

We’ll see…

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
If Weegar is moved for futures this might honestly be a struggle to make the playoffs. Especially if it's to Ottawa.

I honestly don't agree. Weegar is a net asset in the regular season, but they'll still be a playoff team. And frankly, I like our chances in the post-season more without him handing away one game per series.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014

buh bye. I dont see how were gonna sign anyone worth mentioning with the cap space we have eventho we can go over in the off season. We got nobody we can move

181317918.jpg.fw.png

Reactions: WaitingForThatCab

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Losing Giroux is going to suck honestly. Marchment I can rationalize balking at giving him a contract with big term because his durability is awful.

Catscountry40

Feb 4, 2021
Makes a lot of sense, league min filler guys who can be dumped to the AHL in January for Duke's returning salary.
Our big hope this year is a guy who has been a healthy scratch in back to back playoffs. I am on to 2023-2024 at this point. Just hope they do not over pay MacKenzie "Yanlde" Weegar.

Mogo

Jun 26, 2002
OMG. I totally forgot

Gudbranson is a UFA!

Zito make it happen!

I can see us going after Kubalik on a 1 year deal

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Weegar has proven he is not quite a top pairing d-man. Much more suitable as a 3-4 guy.

With that said, neither is Montour. Zito is in quite the pickle here with the defense. I wouldn't want to be making that decision right now.

Not a lot of cap space for GMZ to work with, basically nothing right now. I do think he's trying hard to move money but the league doesn't seem to be as generous this off-season in terms of helping off-load contracts. As many others have already said, until money gets moved there isn't much Zito can do. That Yandle buyout is really f***ing us this summer.
The Manson contract makes me optimisitc we will get something reasonable done with him

Mogo

Jun 26, 2002
Not really on the darkside !

I loved getting our hands on Chiarot…

I HATED giving an unprotected pick in 2023 for that kind of player.

Kind of liked the Giroux trade at that price, but we all know it didn’t paid off.

So yeah, I’m really frustrated because I thought Zito had a plan when he bought out Yandle, and he knew he could get it done.

Being swept by the Bolts wasn’t the plan !

Having your gritty top-9 winger producing like a first-liner and outricing himself wasn’t the plan !

Having your HoF coach being taken away from you wasn’t the plan !

But for f***’s sake, Zito already knew the Yandle‘s penalty was hitting hard this year and that HAD to be part of the plan… He is an old agent, he should be GREAT with numbers… Seeing him NOT doing anything for the last few weeks… Damn… I trust him, but let’s say he has lost A LOT of shine and credit IMO.

But we shouldn’t put all the blame on Zito… If I remember correctly, Yandle wouldn’t waive his NMC for anyone, and Tallon is the one that gave that stupid contract to Bob…

Let’s see how he adapts this year, but I think he should have been WAY more prepared for this offseason and should have been WAY more active by now.

We’ll see…

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut
wish we could have kept mamin.. he was similar to marchy.. wonder if we could find someone similar... noel :p.. seems like his brief time in training camp a year or two ago was his peak

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
CAR getting Burns, Broons getting Zacha, NJD getting Gaudreau, etc...

"Hey Billy! Did you get us anything?!"
"Well, I didn't bring anything for you but I got myself a burrito for lunch... or are you talking about something else?"

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut
CAR getting Burns, Broons getting Zacha, NJD getting Gaudreau, etc...

"Hey Billy! Did you get us anything?!"
"Well, I didn't bring anything for you but I got myself a burrito for lunch... or are you talking about something else?"
the east will be a lil more even last year thats good.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida

And they are going to get Gaudreau

Jersey is a goalie away from being really tough

True.

But they are going to get Gaudreau with the space so its really Zacha for Haula and Gaudreau

Boston gets a country man for Krejci in Zacha

I'm actually surprised he didn't stick with us if he wasn't going to get a head coaching job elsewhere. Wow.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad