GDT: Free Agent Frenzy Today at Noon EST

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who is most likely moved July 13?

• Horny

Votes: 32 49.2%
  • Duclair

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • Bobrovsky

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • No one

Votes: 28 43.1%

• Total voters

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
I thought he really wanted to be here after the trade deadline. We could have made. 5M for two work but this deal conflicts not just with Huberdeau but also Lundell in two years

Are we talking about Giroux? How would that have worked, considering he just signed for $6.5 for three years....

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Honestly, if Zito could kinda replicate his first offseason with us, it might be for the best. Find us two cheap forwards, possibly one cheap D and otherwise stay pat. We don't have place for a big contract anyway.

With our cap situation, he does need to make the call on Huby and Weegs: keep, trade or treat them as internal rentals. We'll see.

Reactions: I am not exposed

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
Man, teams are getting a lot better. I know they had to play catch up but man, I am not feeling overly confident going into this season. I think this team was exposed in the playoffs and they're only stepping further back among the teams around them.

Yandle really f***ed us but I also am not giving a free pass to Zito for giving away the farm for a "all in" playoff run that was 2 years too early.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Well, looks like we're going back to the Covid season roster. At least that team had a better showing against Tampa...

Reactions: iam76

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
IMO the decision not to pursue Marchment is a clear sign that Huberdeau is being paid.

Could be wrong, obviously, but that seems overwhelmingly likely atm.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
IMO the decision not to pursue Marchment is a clear sign that Huberdeau is being paid.

Could be wrong, obviously, but that seems overwhelmingly likely atm.

Still doesnt make sense to me.

Hornqvist expires and Yandle's buyout drops.

If Marchment signs for the difference between the Hornqvist buy out cap hit and his current cap hit (about 4), then thats a failure on Zito's behalf.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Man, teams are getting a lot better. I know they had to play catch up but man, I am not feeling overly confident going into this season. I think this team was exposed in the playoffs and they're only stepping further back among the teams around them.

Yandle really f***ed us but I also am not giving a free pass to Zito for giving away the farm for a "all in" playoff run that was 2 years too early.
We're still a playoff team IMO (baring injury crisis/Maurice sucking hard) but this is why I was scratching my head at the "regular season doesn't matter, we're playoff bound for the next 2-3 years!" posts by some people here. We were clearly going to lose players while the conference had many strong teams. Nothing is guaranteed in this league and we're the last team that should take success for granted.

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
We're still a playoff team IMO (baring injury crisis/Maurice sucking hard) but this is why I was scratching my head at the "regular season doesn't matter, we're playoff bound for the next 2-3 years!" posts by some people here. We were clearly going to lose players while the conference had many strong teams. Nothing is guaranteed in this league and we're the last team that should take success for granted.
Agreed, I don't think we are out of the playoffs just yet but the cap situation this off-season is really f***ing us.

I don't know how Zito thought trading Chiarot for a 1st was the right move heading into an off-season where a pick like that could really help you get some more cap space. Terrible mistake on his part.

CaptainScrewy

Apr 9, 2003
Hollywood , Florida
Visit site
Maarchment is a really good depth Forward and we could use him and it was great having him at 1 mil per but sorry, I don't see why the rush to sign him to a 4-5 million dollar contract. INterested to see the Trocheck number too for 7 years but oof, dont like that if above 5.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad