GDT: Free Agent Frenzy Today at Noon EST

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who is most likely moved July 13?

• Horny

Votes: 32 49.2%
  • Duclair

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • Bobrovsky

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • No one

Votes: 28 43.1%

• Total voters

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
I don't really understand prioritizing Hornqvist over Marchment, Zito's last couple moves have been questionable. I like Maurice but this is worse than the '21 team, and with so few assets there's less of a chance to make a TDL move, don't see this roster getting over the Tampa hump.
It's not prioritizing Hornqvist over Marchment IMO - it's that ditching him is simply not possible at this point; the price is too high and we don't have the pieces.

When you spend all your picks and assets at TDL, this is the result.

floridada

Jan 31, 2009
Florida

And they are going to get Gaudreau

Jersey is a goalie away from being really tough

True.

But they are going to get Gaudreau with the space so its really Zacha for Haula and Gaudreau

Boston gets a country man for Krejci in Zacha

Man they must have really pissed him off if he's leaving to be an assistant for another team.

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
Man they must have really pissed him off if he's leaving to be an assistant for another team.

Nah. Any time someone gets a temporary promotion and it doesn't stick, they tend to move on to another organization quickly. Just reality. It makes things awkward in the workplace and you want to avoid the potential of festering resentment, too. I'd honestly have been shocked if he stayed.

From his point of view, he got demoted. Anybody in this business is high T, healthy ego. He's gonna look elsewhere.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014

or he has grand illusions about his abilities and thought that the HC job should've been his. Good riddance. I will not miss his PP strategies one bit.

Catscountry40

Feb 4, 2021
It's not prioritizing Hornqvist over Marchment IMO - it's that ditching him is simply not possible at this point; the price is too high and we don't have the pieces.

When you spend all your picks and assets at TDL, this is the result.
Attach a 2026 2nd to that thing a get it out of here.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
We shot ourselves in the foot with the TDL (and the Yandle buyout, but our options there were limited). Can't change that so let's move on and do the best with what we have now.

Regarding Marchment, we don't know what his ask is and what teams are offering him. It's possible we lose him, Giroux and Chiarot all for nothing and it's still the best FA move Zito can make. If March signs elsewhere for cheap-ish, I'll be mad too but honestly it's possible we just can't match what another team is offering.

We should know more in a few hours/days.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
We shot ourselves in the foot with the TDL (and the Yandle buyout, but our options there were limited). Can't change that so let's move on and do the best with what we have now.

Regarding Marchment, we don't know what his ask is and what teams are offering him. It's possible we lose him, Giroux and Chiarot all for nothing and it's still the best FA move Zito can make. If March signs elsewhere for cheap-ish, I'll be mad too but honestly it's possible we just can't match what another team is offering.

We should know more in a few hours/days.
March is going to get paid a lot I think. Like 4-5M a year. I don’t think there is enough for us to say it wasn’t his line maters: he scored a bit with Barky two years ago and with the Lundell-Reinhart combination. I’m expecting a return to Canada for family reasons too

Reactions: letsgrowcactus

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
Losing a third of your top-9 will really hurt. Marchment, giroux, and Duclair for at least half a season? He may not do anything in the playoffs but if we’re just talking about the regular season and making the playoffs right now he did score 30 didn’t he? On top of everything else Ottawa has done, if they add Weegar now to their D I wouldn’t be surprised at all if they make the playoffs. I’d like to keep Weegar if he comes in at 5yrs in the 5’s per region but I’m not paying big buckets for him either.

We weren’t a Stanley cup contender, it just sucks most of us thought we were. This season was going to sting more now with the cap issues and I’d rather trade guys like Weegar or even Huberdeau for good assets instead of anchoring ourselves to huge contracts. Spend the money but on the players that make sense.

If Marchment signs with the oilers it’ll be weird for me to say that I’d actually be envious of Edmonton. Marchment, Hyman, and Evander Kane? Those are all playoff caliber guys, not to mention freaking mcdavid and draisaitl.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Losing a third of your top-9 will really hurt. Marchment, giroux, and Duclair for at least half a season? He may not do anything in the playoffs but if we’re just talking about the regular season and making the playoffs right now he did score 30 didn’t he? On top of everything else Ottawa has done, if they add Weegar now to their D I wouldn’t be surprised at all if they make the playoffs. I’d like to keep Weegar if he comes in at 5yrs in the 5’s per region but I’m not paying big buckets for him either.

We weren’t a Stanley cup contender, it just sucks most of us thought we were. This season was going to sting more now with the cap issues and I’d rather trade guys like Weegar or even Huberdeau for good assets instead of anchoring ourselves to huge contracts. Spend the money but on the players that make sense.

If Marchment signs with the oilers it’ll be weird for me to say that I’d actually be envious of Edmonton. Marchment, Hyman, and Evander Kane? Those are all playoff caliber guys, not to mention freaking mcdavid and draisaitl.
Don’t despair yet! Let’s wait to see what comes out of this.

Reactions: FrolikFan67

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
I think the Panthers are gonna be good this year. I'm very sour on the Maurice hire, but nonetheless there's still plenty of talent.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
March is going to get paid a lot I think. Like 4-5M a year. I don’t think there is enough for us to say it wasn’t his line maters: he scored a bit with Barky two years ago and with the Lundell-Reinhart combination. I’m expecting a return to Canada for family reasons too
Good point about family.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Yep, not surprised at all at the contract. Really didn't get why people thought we'd be able to keep him.
I thought he really wanted to be here after the trade deadline. We could have made. 5M for two work but this deal conflicts not just with Huberdeau but also Lundell in two years

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
96AD53DE-7264-4C8A-A6D0-D311BF2EFBD3.gif

Here come the Sens

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreChamps
Jul 13, 2013
I honestly don't agree. Weegar is a net asset in the regular season, but they'll still be a playoff team. And frankly, I like our chances in the post-season more without him handing away one game per series.
Right but Panthers are maybe a 108 point team now with him? Weegar for futures puts them at probably 102ish which is borderline.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad