GDT: Free Agent Frenzy Today at Noon EST

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who is most likely moved July 13?

• Horny

Votes: 32 49.2%
  • Duclair

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • Bobrovsky

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • No one

Votes: 28 43.1%

• Total voters

Egblad

Patiently Waiting
May 20, 2006
Florida
I don't really care about Giroux going. I wasn't overly impressed with him. I would however like to hold onto Marchment.

Egblad

Patiently Waiting
May 20, 2006
Florida
Zito blew his load last season and last off-season. It is what it is. We draft prospects for a reason. Cheap talent that can contribute to the team. Time for Denisenko to make an impact. Tippett should have made an impact but didn't. Maybe Hepo does. Someone has to.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
At this stage of the process it’s definitelt hard to see who Florida could replace Weegar with like it makes sense.
They are low on trade assets unless guys from the roster are available.

Yet I still wouldn’t re-sign Weegar to a massive contract either.

Last years deadline was rough for Zito.
Spent 2 more 1st rounders and to see quality depth from the W walk away for nothing.

Lundell will have no one to play with

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Zito blew his load last season and last off-season. It is what it is. We draft prospects for a reason. Cheap talent that can contribute to the team. Time for Denisenko to make an impact. Tippett should have made an impact but didn't. Maybe Hepo does. Someone has to.

Plenty of opportunities available for them. If March doesn't re-sign then they need to introduce three rookies into the lineup (Deni, Hepo and Hutsko).

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Last years deadline was rough for Zito.

He's a rookie GM and thus he's bound to make rookie mistakes. I've never seen a GM unload all of his 1st round picks plus extra for a cup run which honestly would've ended in the 1st round if it wasn't for Verhaeghe's heroics. Zito can identify undervalued talent and sign them to decent deals but he has no awareness to what kind of a team he has assembled.

Catscountry40

Feb 4, 2021
This team is going to be dramatically worse. Will be a good fight for and low seed and first round exit. The deadline trade killed our ammo. No more in Zito we trust. #Panicmode

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
He's a rookie GM and thus he's bound to make rookie mistakes. I've never seen a GM unload all of his 1st round picks plus extra for a cup run which honestly would've ended in the 1st round if it wasn't for Verhaeghe's heroics.
He was a monster for the 1st year but this deadline just doesn’t sit right with me.

In no way shape or form was Chiarot worth a 1st, just look elsewhere if that’s the price.
In no way shape or form was Giroux 1st+ Tippett when Giroux had all the controll and wanted only Florida.

Not to mention about his recent coaching hire.

He’ll have to pray he hits on another Verhaeghe on a 1M type deal.

I’ve said it before and will say it again.

When they are this pushed to the cap and no assets I would have run with Barkov- Lundell as 1-2 duo and spent Bennett money& assets elsewhere to create a more balanced lineup

If they kept Giroux they would have had Barkov, Lundell, Reinhart, Giroux as 4 top6 forwards that can play C and have more firepower at the W.

Now they have to hope Denisenko explodes

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreChamps
Jul 13, 2013
I don't really understand prioritizing Hornqvist over Marchment, Zito's last couple moves have been questionable. I like Maurice but this is worse than the '21 team, and with so few assets there's less of a chance to make a TDL move, don't see this roster getting over the Tampa hump.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
It wasn’t going to be easy to keep Marchment, but this is an absolutely massive loss imo. I think Zito needed to find a way.

Reactions: Gentle Man

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
On the other hand, wingers are relatively easy to find and acquire. We’ve done it over the years, we’ve had so many productive wingers come in from outside the organization, Marchment himself being an example of one.

Catscountry40

Feb 4, 2021
If Horny, Hepo, and Deni all starting multiple games this team is fighting for a playoff spot.

Reactions: batting1k

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
When they are this pushed to the cap and no assets I would have run with Barkov- Lundell as 1-2 duo and spent Bennett money& assets elsewhere to create a more balanced lineup

Benny isn't a problem as he is a center who signed to a decent contract. The money has to come off from someplace and the first place to look to shed some salary is the wingers. Duke is useless but apparently he can't be traded even for a 3rd round pick. Hornqvist can't be bought out because leadership, old man strength,etc. Huby can't be traded because of his stats instead of actual production.

Zito has effectively ended the Cats' upward momentum and now he's just working to keep this team under the cap ceiling. Great work...

Your 2022-23 Florida Panthers:
Verhaeghe - Barkov - Denisenko
Heponiemi - Lundell - Reinhart
Huberdeau - Bennett - Hutsko
Lomberg - Luostarinen - Hornqvist

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Huby can't be traded because of his stats instead of actual production.

Stats and production seem like basically the same thing to me?

If Horny, Hepo, and Deni all starting multiple games this team is fighting for a playoff spot.

I think Hornqvist is still useful to a degree, but overall I agree.

Our track record with inserting young guys into the lineup has never been good.

ShootIt

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 8, 2008
The following offseason we are out of the Horny and Yandle deals "freeing" up 10-11 mil in cap.
But if we are going to extend both Huberdeau and Weegar, there goes that cap space.

For as aggressive Zito was for over a year, this silence is rather odd. But hey, maybe he has something under his sleeve or is still on a major bender

Reactions: scholl

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreChamps
Jul 13, 2013
On the other hand, wingers are relatively easy to find and acquire. We’ve done it over the years, we’ve had so many productive wingers come in from outside the organization, Marchment himself being an example of one.
On the surface it looks like the Panthers prioritized a 1.5 million dollar player making 5 million because he's a good guy and a great regular season winger who hasn't been seen in the playoffs for years over Marchment. Panthers don't have the cap to trade for anyone now, don't think anyone wanted a dumpster diving day today but it looks like that's where Florida is.

Catscountry40

Feb 4, 2021
Benny isn't a problem as he is a center who signed to a decent contract. The money has to come off from someplace and the first place to look to shed some salary is the wingers. Duke is useless but apparently he can't be traded even for a 3rd round pick. Hornqvist can't be bought out because leadership, old man strength,etc. Huby can't be traded because of his stats instead of actual production.

Zito has effectively ended the Cats' upward momentum and now he's just working to keep this team under the cap ceiling. Great work...

6th seed first round exit right there.

Sticksandsun

Mar 11, 2015

This is a 2-3 Atlantic seed losing in 5 games round 1 to Tampa roster

StrangeVision

Wear a mask.
Apr 1, 2007
The following offseason we are out of the Horny and Yandle deals "freeing" up 10-11 mil in cap.
But if we are going to extend both Huberdeau and Weegar, there goes that cap space.

For as aggressive Zito was for over a year, this silence is rather odd. But hey, maybe he has something under his sleeve or is still on a major bender

Poor guy never found his way out of that strip club.

• Haha
Reactions: ShootIt

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
Will we re-sign Marchment? Or maybe giroux? How about neither and instead we keep horny? :help:

Also can’t wait to re-sign Huberdeau for 9-10mil per and never win a Stanley cup because we have 19-20 mil wrapped up in Barkov and Huberdeau. I miss being absolutely delusional and thinking we were a Stanley cup team :(

• Haha
Reactions: BabyBennettov

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad