GDT: Free Agent Frenzy Today at Noon EST

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who is most likely moved July 13?

• Horny

Votes: 32 49.2%
  • Duclair

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • Bobrovsky

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • No one

Votes: 28 43.1%

• Total voters

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Malkin is one of my favourite players, but considering how injury prone he is, do we really want to commit so much cap space to him? It's not like we have loads of cap space to play with!

Reactions: BabyBennettov

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreChamps
Jul 13, 2013
I can't see an exciting day for Florida tomorrow, it's either

sign 2 league minimum dudes and wait till Duke is back in January

or trade Horny for nothing to bring back one of marchment/giroux. sign 2 league minimum dudes and deal with Duke's salary when he's ready to come back.

Like there's a good chance Florida's day is sign a Bulcers type and Thornton again and that's it lol

Reactions: ProjectPanthers

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Balcers is an interesting player for sure. Other cheap but good value names i've thought about are Kurtis MacDermid, Nikita Nesterov, Janne Kuokkanen, Danton Heinen etc. Oh and this is a triggering one but how would you feel about Corey Perry? :)

Well, at least we will get to the finals!

• Haha
Reactions: KW

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
Balcers is an interesting player for sure. Other cheap but good value names i've thought about are Kurtis MacDermid, Nikita Nesterov, Janne Kuokkanen, Danton Heinen etc. Oh and this is a triggering one but how would you feel about Corey Perry? :)
Perry still has 1 more year with the Bolts.

wampa13jku

I'm one of those 6 FLA fans.
Jun 29, 2019
Davie, FL

Can someone please pass by Horny's house to see if his Panthers gear is in the driveway? we need to know if something is going down :sarcasm:

Reactions: harv33173

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I still feel like we will see a Bobrovsky to the Capitals deal… Don’t know why, but I don’t feel like Kuemper is their target !

Campbell will go to Oilers from all we hear, and Kuemper will go to the Devils… I don’t believe NJ wants to run with Vanecek as their numero uno this year.

But imo… Washington wouldn’t have cleared their goalie situation without a known alternative ready, and they couldn’t (or it would be tampering) know for sure if Kuemper will sign with them sooooo… It must be Bob.

I know, I may be dreaming or crazy, but I feel it !

Everyone has Kuemper going to Was.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut
Dwork posted something: they tried to trade him but no one is willing to take him at full price. Dwork speculates we could get something back if retaining but I guess it's a bit more complex.
even then we could just keep him and play him more.. it's not like he can't go to the net... also has a ton of heart.. his tank isn't empty yet.. but yah...

RCGP2

Mar 8, 2018
I believe if you take someone to arbitration you can use a 2nd buyout window. I bet the team qualified Bowlby pretty much only for this reason.

RCGP2

Mar 8, 2018

Buyouts Outside of the Regular Period​

Clubs whom have 1 or more arbitration filings may be permitted to perform a buyout outside of the regular window. This gives teams another opportunity to become cap compliant following an arbitration case.

Clubs are permitted to perform a buyout outside the regular period during the 48 hour period beginning on the third day after the final of [CBA 13(c)ii]:
  1. Settlement of the Club's final arbitration case, or
  2. Receipt of the Club's last arbitration award

Requirements:
  1. A buyout can only be performed on a player who was on the clubs reserve list at 3:00pm on the most recent trade deadline
  2. The player must have a cap hit of at least $4,000,000 for the 2022 offseason

So they could continue to try and trade Hornyqvist until Bowbly's case is settled, and could buy him out at that point. Teams can go 10% over the cap in the offseason so money could be spent before buying Hornqvist out if he's not traded.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad