GDT: Free Agent Frenzy Today at Noon EST

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who is most likely moved July 13?

• Horny

Votes: 32 49.2%
  • Duclair

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • Bobrovsky

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • No one

Votes: 28 43.1%

• Total voters

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania

Wanted him a couple years back when we signed Wennberg but he's on a decline the last few years.

Yeah he's pretty bad now. Good ahl depth though. I like what Zito's doing. He went bargain bin hunting, and is stocking Charlotte with solid depth both for them and for us when injuries hit. If we acquire the new Marchy at the deadline(oops I did it again), and maybe a d-man or two, we'll have plenty of depth fot the playoffs.

I don't think it was bad considering we have no cap space lol. I would rather this than give up all remaining draft picks to move Horny.
Yeah, giving up those picks is not an option.

Reactions: harv33173

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Yeah he's pretty bad now. Good ahl depth though. I like what Zito's doing. He went bargain bin hunting, and is stocking Charlotte with solid depth both for them and for us when injuries hit. If we acquire the new Marchy at the deadline(oops I did it again), and maybe a d-man or two, we'll have plenty of depth fot the playoffs.

Yeah, giving up those picks is not an option.
Ya just AHL depth, no more SEA duo so we need to fill out the roster now.
A couple more to come on forward

Looks like too many men in our roster

capfriendly has us at 43/50 contracts.

13 NHL forwards
8 defensemen
2 goalies

10 forwards in AHL
8 defensemen in AHL
2 goalies in AHL

Think we may sign another couple vet AHL guys to get closer to 45-47 before camp starts.
We have the PTOs as well.

Cap blinking red, Zito trying to throw some stuff at the wall here. A couple will work, a couple won't. Such is life.

Reactions: harv33173

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
Tierney is just another body competing for 13th forward

I think of the top 3 atlantic teams Florida got the least worse if that makes sense lol

Yeah none of Toronto, Tampa or even Boston did anything to significantly improve their team over Florida. Honestly, the top 4 could finish in the same order again depending on injuries

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
I can't imagine Tierney gets a look in the NHL. He's a minor league player to fill bodies in Charlotte.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Which other cast-off, declining, fallen off, unwanted Senator are we signing next

f***ers going to sign Dany Heatly tomorrow to a 3 way contract or what?

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
Uhhh Florida doesnt have the cap and no way they would be adding a 1st. Maybe it was Bob and a 1st for jvr. That would make sense.

That's what I was thinking too. Still wouldn't make sense though. It depends when this offer was made because Philly would still be over the cap with Bob and taking back both Hart and JVR makes us worse IMO

I guess we could've also bought out JVR and just have it be a pure Bob dump. I dunno, kinda doubt this had much traction.

Last edited:

Great8Cam

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2008

Philadelphia Flyers Acquire:
Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers

Owen Tippett
2023 3rd round pick (FLA)
2024 1st round pick (FLA) [Conditional]*
*Conditions: If the pick is a top 10 selection, Philadelphia will instead receive Florida's 2025 1st round pick.

We might get the 2024 1st pick back

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania

Philadelphia Flyers Acquire:
Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers

Owen Tippett
2023 3rd round pick (FLA)
2024 1st round pick (FLA) [Conditional]*
*Conditions: If the pick is a top 10 selection, Philadelphia will instead receive Florida's 2025 1st round pick.

We might get the 2024 1st pick back
Oh that was actually a nice thought by Zito. We still don't have the cap to buy JVR out though lol.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Ooh I like this a lot
Definitely at that price tag, he was paid accordingly for 2 years in SJ and then in OTT was handed another 2 year deal but his TOI was cut as the depth took over.

Sens fans saying he plays very disinterested and almost checked out but will put up points if carried by others.
Reminds me of Connolly, can check in for a portion of the game and produce and then checks out and becomes a liability on defensive side of things.

Only hope is he's ready for either league, AHL or NHL but not overly expecting a big return here.

Think Balcers was the key signing here, still RFA and has another level to hit, still hungry to make some money which should motivate him further.

I'd like to see a Balcers - Lundell - Reinhart/Duclair line if possible.

Reactions: BabyBennettov

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad