GDT: Free Agent Frenzy Today at Noon EST

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who is most likely moved July 13?

• Horny

Votes: 32 49.2%
  • Duclair

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • Bobrovsky

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • No one

Votes: 28 43.1%

• Total voters

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada

Attachments

• C-658VsXoAo3ovC.jpg
    C-658VsXoAo3ovC.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 21

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreChamps
Jul 13, 2013
Just to again recap the cap situation, currently Florida is 3 million and 25k over the cap with 13 forwards, 8 dmen and 2 goalies. After LTIRing Duclair and sending down Sjalin, they'll be 830k under the cap with 12 forwards, 7 dmen and 2 goalies. They need to add a 13th forward and only rostered players making under 830k are Tierney, Mayhew, Dalpe, Bunnaman, Hepo. Opening night lineup will look something like this:

CxNhwv7.png

The above team (double tap to zoom) is 80k under the cap. Honestly bottom 6 is looking kinda rough, improved defensively but not many goal scorers there. Barring injury or LTIR shenanigans this'll be the playoff roster too, no room to do anything here.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Just to again recap the cap situation, currently Florida is 3 million and 25k over the cap with 13 forwards, 8 dmen and 2 goalies. After LTIRing Duclair and sending down Sjalin, they'll be 830k under the cap with 12 forwards, 7 dmen and 2 goalies. They need to add a 13th forward and only rostered players making under 830k are Tierney, Mayhew, Dalpe, Bunnaman, Hepo. Opening night lineup will look something like this:

CxNhwv7.png

The above team (double tap to zoom) is 80k under the cap. Honestly bottom 6 is looking kinda rough, improved defensively but not many goal scorers there. Barring injury or LTIR shenanigans this'll be the playoff roster too, no room to do anything here.
I think it’s a contest between Tierney and Staal for the last spot.

I think you need to flip Reino and White: I think we expect the main duos to lead.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Lundell is gonna be centering tomato cans this season. Thanks, Yandle.
Not saying the Yandle buyout isn't screwing us over (it totally is), but Lundell could still have Reinhart next to him like the past year; it depends on what Maurice does with the lines.

Though honestly, I'm worried too. Lundell is the future and each year, you see a team mess up some promising young kid's development when they stick them on the 3rd/4th line with scrubs and play them 10 minutes per game. Fingers crossed this doesn't happen.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Not saying the Yandle buyout isn't screwing us over (it totally is), but Lundell could still have Reinhart next to him like the past year; it depends on what Maurice does with the lines.

Though honestly, I'm worried too. Lundell is the future and each year, you see a team mess up some promising young kid's development when they stick them on the 3rd/4th line with scrubs and play them 10 minutes per game. Fingers crossed this doesn't happen.
Yeah but (there’s a but as usual) Lundell ran out of gas at the end of the season, not as bad as Luostarinen did a couple of years ago, but the point is that many of these kids don’t have the endurance needed in the first two seasons to play lots of minutes. Early in his career Barky was totally gassed by April (and he was played ridiculous minutes).

Reactions: austropanther

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
I think we are assuming Maurice keeps the lineups similar to how Q/Bruno did. I'm not going to rule out him playing Huberdeau-Barkov together full time like Toronto does with Marner-Matthews. You can plug in anyone on the RW and they'll succeed (heck try it with E Staal).

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreChamps
Jul 13, 2013
I think it’s a contest between Tierney and Staal for the last spot.

I think you need to flip Reino and White: I think we expect the main duos to lead.
POwOAEU.png

Even doing it this way you're still left with 1 player on each of the top 3 lines who shouldn't be there lol.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
I think even if Lundell has Cousins and White on his wings, he could still get about 35-40 assists. Cousins can randomly flash some skill at times, and White will be looking to salvage his career. I'd expect at least an average year from him, 10-15 goals. They won't be reciprocating to Lundell like Reino and March did though.

POwOAEU.png

Even doing it this way you're still left with 1 player on each of the top 3 lines who shouldn't be there lol.
We'll have to grind out some wins this season, but I think that will be beneficial to us come spring.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019

I think that’s unlikely with Lundell: he will either be next to Reinhardt on the third or they reconfigure the top six. I do wonder if we stack the top six next year when Duke is out and go full pressure: 23-16-9/11-15-13

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
Heponiemi needs to be in our top 14 forwards. He's no long waivers eligible. He's either with us or somewhere else.

All of these guys on two-way deals (Mayhew, Tierney, Levtchi, Del Zotto) are going to at least start in the AHL and shouldn't be on the radar for the opening night roster tbh.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad