GDT: Free Agent Frenzy Today at Noon EST

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who is most likely moved July 13?

• Horny

Votes: 32 49.2%
  • Duclair

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • Bobrovsky

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • No one

Votes: 28 43.1%

• Total voters

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreChamps
Jul 13, 2013
What's the problem with not carrying an extra body? teams do it nowadays, it's tight, maybe you play a couple games down a person, but that's rare. If we're supposedly a shoe-in for the playoffs anyways, no big deal.
No team plays shorthanded for 40 games (unless they're bringing Joel Kwiatkowski back), to take max advantage of the LTIR space from Duclair you should build a team as close to the 3 million overage as possible, which is what Zito did, so I'm not expecting another move. Weegar talks with Ottawa have apparently cooled off, maybe that's something to revisit when Duclair is back because as it is they'll have to trade Duke due to cap restraints and get bent over then. Unless he can put off his return until March for the annual Ekblad injury :sarcasm:

Reactions: Jean Luc Discard

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
Thinking about special teams...

PP1 (Umbrella)
Point: Ekblad
Left half wall: Huberdeau
Right half wall: Barkov
Down low: Reinhart and Verhaeghe
PP2 (Umbrella)
Point: Montour
Left half wall: White
Right half wall: Bennett
Down low: Hornqvist and Lundell
PK1
Barkov - Lundell
Weegar - Ekblad
PK2
Huberdeau - Luostarinen
Forsling - Gudas

I'm not hopeful.

Reactions: harv33173

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
No team plays shorthanded for 40 games (unless they're bringing Joel Kwiatkowski back), to take max advantage of the LTIR space from Duclair you should build a team as close to the 3 million overage as possible, which is what Zito did, so I'm not expecting another move. Weegar talks with Ottawa have apparently cooled off, maybe that's something to revisit when Duclair is back because as it is they'll have to trade Duke due to cap restraints and get bent over then. Unless he can put off his return until March for the annual Ekblad injury :sarcasm:

After six months...
"Hey Billy! My legs works again!"
"Great! Here's a plane ticket to Winnipeg for you. Remember to send us a postcard from the sunny beaches of Lake Manitoba!"

Reactions: ucanthanzalthetruth

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014

PP1 (Umbrella)
PP2 (Umbrella)
PK1
Barkov - Lundell
Weegar - Ekblad
PK2
Huberdeau - Luostarinen
Forsling - Gudas

I'm not hopeful.

I think we'll be seeing a distinct separation between PP and PK personnel and not see the same handful of dudes in every special teams situation.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA

basketball-fan.gif

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
I think we'll be seeing a distinct separation between PP and PK personnel and not see the same handful of dudes in every special teams situation.
While that would be ideal, I don't think we have many options.

Cousins and Lomberg are plugs that can't play on either the PP or PK.
Balcers played a bit of PK in San Jose, but I'm not penciling him in yet. Especially since Huby actually looked good with Eetu on the PK.
Staal may be able to take Lundell's spot on the PP, but maybe not.

Panthers had the fifth-best PP in the league last year. NJD had the fifth worst.

Very smart play by NJD. Hopefully his players don't decide to stop trying for 30 straight PP chances!
Brunette's impotence when it came to
1) Holding Ekblad accountable for his ineptitude at the Point
2) Under-utilizing Hornqvist
3) Under-utilizing Verhaeghe
are inexcusable offenses.

Our PP went from middle of the ranks to 6th in the league because Ekblad went down and Brunette could no longer give him the second greatest amount of PP TOI among skaters.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
I have no idea how you could say we had a good power play last year if you actually watched the games.

If you look at percentages....sure. It looked great. If you looked at how we scored, I want to say we scored a lot on the rush. Imagine a power play having to rely on the rush. As far as setup and shooting with possession, it was very subpar. Relied a lot on high risk passes to create one-timers. Very few tips (mostly Reinhart).

1657908418349.png

This is EXTREME lol. Just looking at the heat map, you know exactly where the f*** Huberdeau was lmfao

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
While that would be ideal, I don't think we have many options.

Cousins and Lomberg are plugs that can't play on either the PP or PK.
Balcers played a bit of PK in San Jose, but I'm not penciling him in yet. Especially since Huby actually looked good with Eetu on the PK.
Staal may be able to take Lundell's spot on the PP, but maybe not.

Brunette's impotence when it came to
1) Holding Ekblad accountable for his ineptitude at the Point
2) Under-utilizing Hornqvist
3) Under-utilizing Verhaeghe
are inexcusable offenses.

Our PP went from middle of the ranks to 6th in the league because Ekblad went down and Brunette could no longer give him the second greatest amount of PP TOI among skaters.
I have no other dog in this fight, except to say that this is not accurate. The PP was going really well before Ekblad went down.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreChamps
Jul 13, 2013

FYI for some good (I think) news that I didn't even remember, back in 2015 Florida signed a lease through 2028 with an opt out in July 2023, to exercise that opt-out they had to give 1 year's notice by July 1, 2022, that came and passed so we have another 6 years of hockey here at least.

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida

FYI for some good (I think) news that I didn't even remember, back in 2015 Florida signed a lease through 2028 with an opt out in July 2023, to exercise that opt-out they had to give 1 year's notice by July 1, 2022, that came and passed so we have another 6 years of hockey here at least.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreChamps
Jul 13, 2013
Mayhew signing is 2 years at 750k AAV so throw him in that mix with Eric Staal, Dalpe, Hepo, and Bunnaman competing to be the 13th forward.

Mogo

Jun 26, 2002

PP1 (Umbrella)
PP2 (Umbrella)
PK1
Barkov - Lundell
Weegar - Ekblad
PK2
Huberdeau - Luostarinen
Forsling - Gudas

I'm not hopeful.

I wish we used Reinhart like Caps use Oshie or Tampa uses Point

One of these players is not like the others one of these players isn’t the same.

Yandle hasn't retired yet?

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Balcers is reminding me of Hornqvist a bit. Scoring garbage goals within ~5 feet of the net, deflections, decent poise and shot, nose for the net and fairly physical.
Plays some PK
May be some 35-40pt potential there if paired with Lundell on 3rd line?

How's his speed/skating?

Reactions: BabyBennettov

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad